What is your indicator for upping nutes?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, first time growing coco using advanced nutrients and sticking to the feeding schedule which has been going pretty well so far. My question is, when do you decide to up your feed?

I was showing some calcium issues on week 2, upped my nutes to right in between week 2 and 3 of the feeding chart which was the right move. Lately runoff has shown the feed at 750ppm and 1400ec and the runoff has been about 150 to 200ppm lower and ec looking good. Plants are all 10-11 inches tall, 12 inches wide and I'm already in week 3 of veg, do I wait to up nutes still? What's the best way to judge?

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

From what I’ve heard, If your plants have the right amount of nutes just the very ends of the leaf tips should brown.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you keep good ratios then I use nitrogen as the indicator. There are many things that affect this. Feed concentration, frequency, transpiration, lighting, media etc. So there isn't one answer and each grow will have its own needs.

Different methods in different media also.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

If you keep good ratios then I use nitrogen as the indicator. There are many things that affect this. Feed concentration, frequency, transpiration, lighting, media etc. So there isn't one answer and each grow will have its own needs.

Different methods in different media also.
I'm guessing I just judge by leaf color? Light green=more nitrogen? Dark green=they're good? 😁

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Nice lime green... no tip burn or clawing. No bottom leaves turning yellow.
Got it. I don't think they're quite ready for a bump yet, they've been blowing up lately with growth and they stink already! I might stop the voodoo soon because on week 3 on the advanced nutes plan they stop the voodoo for a bit so maybe I can do that and keep my dosage the same otherwise. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom