What kind of bug is hurting my plants?

• Thread starter Franimal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Franimal

Looking for help identifying what kind of bug is doing damage to our plants.
for weeks I’ve noticed little chomp marks and what looks like spit on leaves. The plants are not looking great. I don’t see any eggs or webbing or bugs anywhere on the plants other than some fungus gnats that we are working in eliminating but they aren’t very bad. Could it be the fungus gnats? Aphids? Thrips? From what I’ve read I’d be able to see mature bugs by now. I tried spraying a few times with End all but it made no difference.
What kind of bug is hurting my plants 3
What kind of bug is hurting my plants 2
What kind of bug is hurting my plants 4
What kind of bug is hurting my plants

What kind of bug is hurting my plants 5
cshell

cshell

One other possibility... do you have a cat that can get to your plants? A lot of cats like to munch on weed, and those kind of look more like puncture wounds than bug damage. Just a thought.

YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan

One other possibility... do you have a cat that can get to your plants? A lot of cats like to munch on weed, and those kind of look more like puncture wounds than bug damage. Just a thought.
Doesn't look like cat damage to me. And cats don't belong in a grow area anyways.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Not sure about the clear liquid but the tears don't looks to be pest related to me and more of a plant development issue. Could be wrong but I would just ensure you are up to speed on mineral inputs of calcium and mag. I do see thrips I think. Little cigar looking critters.....Easy to kill but I think you are hitting a wall with nutrients. Can you see the thrips? On the wet leaf photo....look at the leaf next to it. Also on the second photo, I think I see a few all over

F

Franimal

Not sure about the clear liquid but the tears don't looks to be pest related to me and more of a plant development issue. Could be wrong but I would just ensure you are up to speed on mineral inputs of calcium and mag. I do see thrips I think. Little cigar looking critters.....Easy to kill but I think you are hitting a wall with nutrients. Can you see the thrips? On the wet leaf photo....look at the leaf next to it. Also on the second photo, I think I see a few all over
Oh no! Can I use the End All? It didn’t appear to do anything last time. Also I seriously can’t spot any bugs. Could you point them out? Or do I need a magnifying glass?

very much struggling with plant issues right now. Can’t seem to figure out the right amount of nutrients and seeing underdevelopment and sad plants. We just tried giving them a huge feeding and they are looking slightly better but still bad. Was hoping the bug issue might be contributing

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Thrips you should be able to see without a scope.
If you see something kinda whitish and long like a cigar but tiny just big enough that you're eyes pick it up. When you see this stick your finger name right beside it to see if it moves. If it moves its a bug, if it does probably just dust or debris of some sort.

The wet spot it's not just moisture from another leaf sitting ontop the leaf with the wet spot?

I agree with the post saying it's not a bug but a growing issue, whether ph or nutrient issue not sure sorry

Homesteader

Homesteader

Do you see any critters that look like this under the leaves? No microscope needed

Thrips
F

Franimal

You guys don’t think they could be root aphids?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think you may benefit from letting everyone know about your medium. I don't think it is pests but magnesium....or a lack of it. Are you supplementing minerals ? calcium or magnesium in particular? I think that may be he root of your issues but I would need to know more about your nutrients. Are you in soil?

Ponky

Ponky

The pest is something macro. And moisture is from transpiration from leaf overlap. I would treat top to bottom.

L

Landracehunter

Looking for help identifying what kind of bug is doing damage to our plants.
for weeks I’ve noticed little chomp marks and what looks like spit on leaves. The plants are not looking great. I don’t see any eggs or webbing or bugs anywhere on the plants other than some fungus gnats that we are working in eliminating but they aren’t very bad. Could it be the fungus gnats? Aphids? Thrips? From what I’ve read I’d be able to see mature bugs by now. I tried spraying a few times with End all but it made no difference. View attachment 1235104View attachment 1235103View attachment 1235105View attachment 1235102
If you want to stay away from chemicals artificial ones official ones this is probably the best natural solution I've found Sometimes if there are a little more investigations you have to treat for a longer period of time but this will eventually take care of it and you won't poison anybody you are cause cancer 20 years later this is made with essential oils so a little bit expensive but as well worth it I've learned a lot about bugs in the last year I've been consulting on through operations in Oklahoma and The reason they have a city in Oklahoma called bugtussel

Screenshot 20220902 025446 Samsung Internet
Top Bottom