What kind of bug is this?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

Been seeing these little white fly ghat looking bugs .. can anybody tell? I’ve been spraying Monterey garden spray but their still on the plants.. plants are in flowering too

Any help appreciated!

What kind of bug is this
What kind of bug is this 2
Seraphine

Seraphine

How bad is the insect pressure? Are there a lot of them under the leaves? You can use insecticidal soap. I’ve never had to treat them, I have a good reference book that I can look up the least toxic way to treat, I can do that tomorrow. Someone might chime in here before me though...

Miked1988

Miked1988

How bad is the insect pressure? Are there a lot of them under the leaves? You can use insecticidal soap. I’ve never had to treat them, I have a good reference book that I can look up the least toxic way to treat, I can do that tomorrow. Someone might chime in here before me though...

Thanks I appreciate that! Yeah I’ve seen a lot of them I usually see them on top of the leaves and flying around I’ve been spraying the soil and Dan leaves with the Monterey garden spray aka spinosad which helped a little with the ones in the soil but now I’m seeing a lot more ( probably from eggs being hatched) I’m also 3-4 weeks into flower so I’m being real careful on spraying anything onto the buds that’s why I’m mostly doing the fan leaves

Miked1988

Miked1988

Promis.
4ml/g
Foliar every 2nd day for 4 sprays

Do not use past week 2 in flower
Thanks.. I’ll check it out! what’s the best method to spray while in flowering? I’ve also been using a garlic/cilantro/epsom salt homemade foiler spray.. it works good for spider mites but Not doing as great with these pests..

m8ty

m8ty

Bayer fruit & vegetable works on white fly and you don't have to spray you feed it to the plant very easy to use.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Bayer fruit & vegetable works on white fly and you don't have to spray you feed it to the plant very easy to use.

Dont dare using that shit.

M8 are you seriously recommending using Imidacloprid and in FLOWER!?!? thats a big no no my friend.

You dont have to spary this stuff becausse Imidacloprid is a systemic agent that is can be obsorbed via the plant's roots and spreads to the plant's tissue. If you use this, it means your gonna smoke it. some professional articales suggest that small amounts of the active ingrediant remains in the plant tissue for as long as 10 years, check it out.

I'd throw away my product before selling it if Imidacloprid was used, but that's me.

It will most definitely work though.

Spinosad is your best option right now IMO.

m8ty

m8ty

Dont dare using that shit.

M8 are you seriously recommending using Imidacloprid and in FLOWER!?!? thats a big no no my friend.

You dont have to spary this stuff becausse Imidacloprid is a systemic agent that is can be obsorbed via the plant's roots and spreads to the plant's tissue. If you use this, it means your gonna smoke it. some professional articales suggest that small amounts of the active ingrediant remains in the plant tissue for as long as 10 years, check it out.

I'd throw away my product before selling it if Imidacloprid was used, but that's me.

It will most definitely work though.

Spinosad is your best option right now IMO.
Too bad it doesn't work on mites, do you know why it doesn't work on mites and why there is no insecticide that you can feed to the plants that would kill mites?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Too bad it doesn't work on mites, do you know why it doesn't work on mites and why there is no insecticide that you can feed to the plants that would kill mites?
I try to stay away from stuff that acts systemically if at all possible..Green Cleaner is ok on mites and PM as well. Trifecta kills PM too and can also be used up til harvest. Plant Therapy is good for PM and kills gnats on contact. (also used up til harvest)

Seraphine

Seraphine

If these were my plants, this is how I would treat:

Prune the leaves away that have eggs and are heavily infested. I’d make a white fly tap too to catch the adults. Lastly, I would spot spray with green cleaner. This stuff smothers everything and safe up to harvest. At this point you’re just trying to get to the finish line. If this were veg, I’d would be different but since you’re flowering, it’s a bit more complicated.

Top Bottom