What kind of deficiency is this?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

I was defoliating and noticed some my plants have these brown/rust spots on the leaves.. other than these leaves the plants look healthy.. I recently bumped the feeding up to around 700ppms (and their still in veg).. any ideas ?

my feeding consists of

base: NPK 12-6-6

CalMag 2-0-0

Silicia 0-0-0.5

ph is usually around 6-7ph give or take. Ive been trying to keep it around 6.5. And I’m using roots organic 707. (Living soil) so my ppms for each plant is all over the place

by the way. The plants pictured are plants I just revegged recently (that’s why the leaves look funny) but it’s also happening to other plants that aren't revegged.. so I’m assuming it’s a PH, deficiency, or toxicity problem..

What kind of deficiency is this
What kind of deficiency is this 2
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

First rust fungus came to mind and than magnisum, hard to pin point. Maybe some will have a better answer for you. Are you using RO or Tap water? When I first had something similar I found out that my tap water was at 500ppm (when I finally got my first tds meter) it was filled with alot of unnecessary nonsense in the water that was causing me alot of promblems, there after I mix it with RO or gave plants straight RO and never saw that promb again years after

Miked1988

Miked1988

First rust fungus came to mind and than magnisum, hard to pin point. Maybe some will have a better answer for you. Are you using RO or Tap water? When I first had something similar I found out that my tap water was at 500ppm (when I finally got my first tds meter) it was filled with alot of unnecessary nonsense in the water that was causing me alot of promblems, there after I mix it with RO or gave plants straight RO and never saw that promb again years after
Thanks for the reply bro! I noticed it’s mostly on the darker/older leaves too.. I’m using tap water and I’m PHing it. Whenever I check my ppms with my tds meter my tap is usually around 120-150ppms. I was at the hydro store and they had this filter thing to hook up to a hose that’ll clean out some of the contaminates for around $40, maybe I’ll give that a shot.. it just started happening once I bumped up the ppms though and I did spray it with green cleaner like 2 days ago as a precaution for bugs but that’s all I can really think of right now that has been different

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

150 ppm is alot better than 500 ppm 😂 the thing is we don't know what that 150 or 500 ppm is based on. We could be giving our plants too much of something without knowing. Usally it's more Cal mag but how much of it is the question and there must be other minurals in the mix. Maybe lower your ppms you could be giving your plant too much of something

Miked1988

Miked1988

150 ppm is alot better than 500 ppm 😂 the thing is we don't know what that 150 or 500 ppm is based on. We could be giving our plants too much of something without knowing. Usally it's more Cal mag but how much of it is the question and there must be other minurals in the mix. Maybe lower your ppms you could be giving your plant too much of something
Exactly, and if I’m giving them calmag and theirs already cal mag along with other minerals in the tap I could be overdosing them.. I didn’t think of that! I’ll lower that until I get into flowering. but yeah I think I’ll do that an lower the feeding and flush a little in the mean time!

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Exactly, and if I’m giving them calmag and theirs already cal mag along with other minerals in the tap I could be overdosing them.. I didn’t think of that! I’ll lower that until I get into flowering. but yeah I think I’ll do that an lower the feeding and flush a little in the mean time!

Maybe reduce the cal mag by half and see if you spot any difference. If things dont get better we can try going straight RO with your dosage of cal mag and nutes

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Roots organic 707 blend is not really living soil in my estimation unless you put a lotta worm or compost into it, its primarily coco with some rice hulls. Growing coco is different than real soils, make sure to keep the moisture in the soil if you let it dry you get nute lockout. Your leaves look like they want P, when you go into flower is a big transition and your plant craves different nutrition i.e P&K i imagine that the plant still wants P. Re veg is a pain in the butt and can bring up many different and strange things. Do you always re veg or is this a experiment?

Top Bottom