What kind of pump for drainage?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all. I'm upgrading my drainage and grabbing this floraflex system. https://floraflex.com/default/shop/drainage/potpro-platform-system.html

My question is, any recommendations for what pump to grab that'll pull the water at the right power? I'm looking to pump into a 10 gallon resevoir and emptying daily. I'm going to be growing 4 plants in 2 gallon quickfill bags and watering multiple times a day starting in flower. Any input is appreciated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey all. I'm upgrading my drainage and grabbing this floraflex system. https://floraflex.com/default/shop/drainage/potpro-platform-system.html

My question is, any recommendations for what pump to grab that'll pull the water at the right power? I'm looking to pump into a 10 gallon resevoir and emptying daily. I'm going to be growing 4 plants in 2 gallon quickfill bags and watering multiple times a day starting in flower. Any input is appreciated.
Waste water? I use a condensate pump. If not let me know the application
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=condensate+pump&ref=nb_sb_noss

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's the one! Thank you! I'm guessing I don't need any serious power. I shouldn't have any problems pumping the water from ground level up 3 feet into a reservoir bucket should I?
Those will pump over 25ft in height I believe and for long runs also.

Reactions: PK1
AmokNewb

AmokNewb

So those drain bases look cool, my only concern is that the drains once hitting the elbow are horizontal. I would be afraid of mold and ick building up in them as they don’t seem to be setup to drain all that well once they leave the riser. But I suppose you could set them up to with some work. I have some raised platters on casters with a drain that is still about 2 inches above the floor. This lets me have some downward angle for the run off to get to my auto waste disposal bucket that receives my dehumidifier and run off. They have worked really well for me.

unho Rolling Plant Stands, Pack of 2 Garden Planters Trolley 14 inch Metal Plant Pallet Caddy with Drainage Tray Indoor Outdoor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089KJDWR...abc_J1Y6DXPNPBHH0YV509DC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Zombierider

Zombierider

So those drain bases look cool, my only concern is that the drains once hitting the elbow are horizontal. I would be afraid of mold and ick building up in them as they don’t seem to be setup to drain all that well once they leave the riser. But I suppose you could set them up to with some work. I have some raised platters on casters with a drain that is still about 2 inches above the floor. This lets me have some downward angle for the run off to get to my auto waste disposal bucket that receives my dehumidifier and run off. They have worked really well for me.

unho Rolling Plant Stands, Pack of 2 Garden Planters Trolley 14 inch Metal Plant Pallet Caddy with Drainage Tray Indoor Outdoor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089KJDWR...abc_J1Y6DXPNPBHH0YV509DC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I was thinking about purchasing these drain planters as well, and thought of the cleaning issue as well. But then again, wouldn’t any runoff line, be it pvc, inclined or horizontal, build up “mold and ick” eventually? Looks like bucket company has some nice draining pots but I’m not paying 20$ for a pot….without proper convincing

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I was thinking about purchasing these drain planters as well, and thought of the cleaning issue as well. But then again, wouldn’t any runoff line, be it pvc, inclined or horizontal, build up “mold and ick” eventually? Looks like bucket company has some nice draining pots but I’m not paying 20$ for a pot….without proper convincing
That’s why I like drain away drain trays. The pedestal is level where the pot sits, then the tray around it is all slopped to the drain hole. This gives the runoff flow allowing you to drain on a flat floor. Now on my setup I did raise my trays off the cold floor with pallets but all my trays drain amazing and the pvc is bone dry by the time I feed again. Check out @drainaway if your interested in them. Also I used silicone on all my joints of the pvc instead of pvc glue that way I can completely disassembled the setup and clean or change arrangement.
0CD03AA4 C1A1 41A8 AE24 36CD271624FF
0FEC1731 6E73 41AE BB5A 3C9729223798
B6900048 91A2 43C4 835C EEE008AC55DA
D52E532D A90C 486F B1F3 A959EAFBE5CE
53B02B7B 4C23 4BAD ADF4 D14A05D3885B
098150E3 D185 4120 B47F 4B6A5200AF8C

Zombierider

Zombierider

That’s why I like drain away drain trays. The pedestal is level where the pot sits, then the tray around it is all slopped to the drain hole. This gives the runoff flow allowing you to drain on a flat floor. Now on my setup I did raise my trays off the cold floor with pallets but all my trays drain amazing and the pvc is bone dry by the time I feed again. Check out @drainaway if your interested in them. Also I used silicone on all my joints of the pvc instead of pvc glue that way I can completely disassembled the setup and clean or change arrangement.View attachment 1206997View attachment 1206998View attachment 1206999View attachment 1207000View attachment 1207001View attachment 1207002
Those drain away trays look fricken perfect. What kind of pump do you have to pump out the runoff? I’m thinking a 5 gallon bucket for runoff, and a 13 gallon reservoir. Do you use any kind of automatic watering system?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Those drain away trays look fricken perfect. What kind of pump do you have to pump out the runoff? I’m thinking a 5 gallon bucket for runoff, and a 13 gallon reservoir. Do you use any kind of automatic watering system?
I do not use an automated system yet but that is the plan. Started dealing with runoff first. I just have a submersible pump that I had around. I don’t have a permanent setup yet since I’m just setting up my new grow room. I plan to have automated water with a halo for each plant, then use either a timer or float switch for pumping runoff to drain.
B9CE0C41 A290 4085 8F30 6C6D61BC1DD5
CCDCECBE FCFE 4358 A8A0 1EAF778529DC

Zombierider

Zombierider

I do not use an automated system yet but that is the plan. Started dealing with runoff first. I just have a submersible pump that I had around. I don’t have a permanent setup yet since I’m just setting up my new grow room. I plan to have automated water with a halo for each plant, then use either a timer or float switch for pumping runoff to drain.
View attachment 1207021View attachment 1207022
View attachment 1207024
Nice setup, I’ll be doing a similar setup together with an auto watering setup. You should check out floraflex, they have some cool micro drip kits with manifold and some cool pot waterer/toppers.

71B4F7B4 39FA 4296 99A7 DBFC22492B31
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Nice setup, I’ll be doing a similar setup together with an auto watering setup. You should check out floraflex, they have some cool micro drip kits with manifold and some cool pot waterer/toppers.
I'm running Floraflex right now but just the basic setup, I want something more like this where it's running through pvc. Do you know where to find more info about how to set it up? their site has zero pvc instructions. I'm struggling most with how to hook up a pump to the pvc (also what kind of pump for feeding, same as I'm using now?)

Top Bottom