What kind of Reflector Hood do ya'll fancy?

• Thread starter CannaVenture
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I just got a couple 6 inch XXXL hoods from Sunlight Supply... THEY ARE HUGE...and very lite too....I was very suprised.. The Hydrofarm Radiants are VERY HEAVY...I have a few of them as well as a Block Buster... The Block Buster is GREAT... I have not spoken to one single person that does not LOVE it... Put it on a light mover and you are good to go... But I have extremely HIGH hopes for The XXXL hoods....They seem to be awesome...Love the lite weight and how big they are.. Literally they are about 4 feet by 4 feet..lol...HUGE.....I'm thinking about switching over to them completely...

Let me know what you guys think about the different hoods out there, namely teh SS XXXL.....I have not heard a bad thing about them yet....The main thing I HATE is hot spots..and teh Radiant is famous for a big fat hot spot right under neath the hood... Its sucks....

Block Buster is GREAT, Im hoping I dig the XXXL even more.....

Chime in and give me you opinion...

Thnaks fellas... Have a great weekend... Have lots of fun and smoke nothing but The Best Home Grown.....I know I will be...

green punk

green punk

If heat is not a huge issue, the Adjusta wings are really hard to beat. They are spendy, but the increase in yield is a reality.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
If heat is not a huge issue, the Adjusta wings are really hard to beat. They are spendy, but the increase in yield is a reality.

That is what I have heard man.. I have not personally tried teh Adjusta Wings yet, But Im getting to the point where Im about to try them.. Heat is not a problem... I have a big flowering room with A/C etc....Also Stadium style using no hoods is something I plan to try very soon...So practical........ But for right now, Im using all air cooled hoods, and everything is controlled by a day/night temp controller.. Which makes EVERYTHING so much easier... My temps are ALWAYS 68 at night and 75 during the lights on period...I love my Temp Controllers... Pretty cheap and maybe the best tool I have ever bought....Set it and forget it!

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I was looking at the xxxl also. What do you think about the great white 6"?

Hey bro... I checked out The Great White 6 many times... I think its real close to the XXXL.... Just not sure about any hot spots or anything like that... But The Great White looks nice too.. I just could not get over who BIG teh XXXL really is... Its HUGE...Crazy HUGE....but again, Its very lite....Really suprised me man...

Maybe someone using The Great White will chime in and let us know.. I have NOT heard anything bad about them...and have heard some good remarks in teh past... The mian thing I HATE is hot spots...
From what I have heard from thsi thread and another one like it on a different forum of mine, EVERYONE loves The XXXL, The Block Buster and The Adjusta Wings.....

Hopefully we will get more info....Not sure how much The Great White cost, But you can get The XXXL for about $190.00....And it looks liike its going to perform nicely....Put that on a light mover and you can cover alot of square footage..... I would assume The Great White would be VERY similiar....

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I love the large adjustawing!!!!! I have them in my 4k garden and they throw down a shit ton of light imop they are the best reflectors avalible!!!! Every flowering garden I will ever set up will be built around the adjustawing!! I Dnt think there is a reflector out that throws down more light then them and they only weigh like 8 pounds. If I had to choose a air cool reflector I would go with the raptor witch imop is better than the xxxl . Bro I promise once you use the adjustawing you will never use anything else and the large one can be set up to run 2 600's instead of a 1000 witch I want to try at some point one hps and one mh would be bad ass I think . The adjustawings are the best out there plus with a bare bulb you get more lumens to your plants and there's something about a bare bulb that the plants just love. They also make the med size ones that are bad ass also and the large adjustawings are cheaper than the xxxl and raptors I believe I paid like 180 for each of mine brand new!

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I dont like the XXXL hoods as well as the king cobras. The reason I like the King Cobra hoods is the bulb placement is directly in the center of the hood and the glass is 100% sealed. I have seen the XXXL, Uno, Raptor and King Cobra all up close and personal and my choice is the King Cobra

M

MTM

I saw the King Cobra running beside XXXL last week and the cobra is by far the best reflecter out there right now.Ive never seen a light pattern like this from any refleter.My shop in Ashville got 6 in and sold all 6 that day,,,,,the king cobra is about 10 bucks cheaper

jagle

jagle

anyone make there own?

i got a friend, makes radiators for cars for a living makes his own, using white super heat resistant paint. can amke any size/shape/ there wicked, and work out about 10euros in costs and the afternoon it might take to put it together, much easier

S

spinkus

l use p.l.'s and l love them, VERY uniform distribution of light l run 2 midi 600's that are 3x5, and 2 deep 600's at 4x4. Awesome reflectors, a bit costly but damn money DOES grow on trees ya know... :)

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Bro I promise once you use the adjustawing you will never use anything else and the large one can be set up to run 2 600's instead of a 1000 witch I want to try at some point one hps and one mh would be bad ass I think .

Wow.. didn't know that, is that a user mod or does it come like that? :wondering

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
great link man - thats like 70 bux off the hydro store price!

I am pulling the trigger on 2 of them bitches!

Yeah bro.. Feel free to hit me up in my PM box.. I know where ALL teh good deals are for whatever you are looking for.. Greners is nice for a few things, VERY few.. They are about 2 years old now, and when they first started, I used the alot...They had SHIP ANYTHING< ANYWHERE for like 11 dollars... Couldn't beat that.. But since then, things have gone down hill...Like Always... I would have to say, I was one of their first on-line customers...and they where great... But since then, The people that answer the phone have ZERO idea of what they are talking about... Its like a NASA Scientist ordering a part for the Mars Rover...lol... It sucks talking to people that have no idea what THEY are selling.... Had A LOT of problems with order not being fulll once it gets to me, then ballast breaking 6 months from new... THey ARE good about getting you out a "new" refurbished ballast quickly.. But still....The link I posted is where I mainly shop now for ALL my bulbs, hoods and ballast... They are great! For sure teh cheapest on those things... You can get a 1K watt, Switchable Sun Light Supply ballast for 140 bucks...Thats great man....The same product at Greners will cost you almost 200 if not more...M-A-R-K U-P BULLSHIT!

Greners is teh place to go for Big tents, unless someone knows of another place... Quality matters when it comes to buying tents...I have a few 4x4 tents, and just got a 10x10...Secret Jardin Dark Room II....And I love it!

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I love the large adjustawing!!!!! I have them in my 4k garden and they throw down a shit ton of light imop they are the best reflectors avalible!!!! Every flowering garden I will ever set up will be built around the adjustawing!! I Dnt think there is a reflector out that throws down more light then them and they only weigh like 8 pounds. If I had to choose a air cool reflector I would go with the raptor witch imop is better than the xxxl . Bro I promise once you use the adjustawing you will never use anything else and the large one can be set up to run 2 600's instead of a 1000 witch I want to try at some point one hps and one mh would be bad ass I think . The adjustawings are the best out there plus with a bare bulb you get more lumens to your plants and there's something about a bare bulb that the plants just love. They also make the med size ones that are bad ass also and the large adjustawings are cheaper than the xxxl and raptors I believe I paid like 180 for each of mine brand new!

Dude, I CAN NOT argue with you there man...and The double 600's, one HPS and one MH WOULD be KILLEr, No doubt about it...I love that idea man.... I gotta stop talking to you... Ill be buying all new Adjusta Wings soon....lol...

Yeah, I am going to be trying these soon too.. I have too... Heat is NOT an issue with my rooms....So the next refelctor I buy WILL be the Adjusta Wings... I have NEVER heard anything AT ALL, bad about them... Nothing... EVERY person that talks about them, says they are without a doubt the VERY best...That says EVERYTYHING!

Thanks for teh Adjusta Wing Knowledge, this is exactly the kind of dialogue I wanted when I started this thread... Alot of pro gowers around here, Nice to get them together and talk about set-ups, and what they think is teh best way to go about things...Priceless info....

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I dont like the XXXL hoods as well as the king cobras. The reason I like the King Cobra hoods is the bulb placement is directly in the center of the hood and the glass is 100% sealed. I have seen the XXXL, Uno, Raptor and King Cobra all up close and personal and my choice is the King Cobra

Yeah, I hear ya on that man, But I have a 4 inch extendor, that will put my bulb 4 inches closer towards teh center of the hood... SO I got that taken care of.... But You have A VERY good point, that most people do NOT think of before buying hoods... Bulb Placement is very important, IMO.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hmmm the 2 600s in an adjustawing sounds awesome - you know they make an adapter that you can run 2 600's off a single 1000 ballast

you could still do one mh and one hps if you were running 2 x 1000 - one as mh and one as hps

can you run the cobras without the glass?

I dont aircool - but Id like that as an option in case I expand

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I saw the King Cobra running beside XXXL last week and the cobra is by far the best reflecter out there right now.Ive never seen a light pattern like this from any refleter.My shop in Ashville got 6 in and sold all 6 that day,,,,,the king cobra is about 10 bucks cheaper

DAMN! I will check out The King Cobra right now.. Might go ahead and get one of those too... Sound great...

Who makes the King Cobra....Please tell me Advanced Nutrients is not the maker...lol...Sounds like a name they would give something, Kind of like their 12inch "Bad Ass Fan"....Which is probably nice, but I liek ot buy cars from car maufacturers and drying machines from GE....lol...

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
anyone make there own?

i got a friend, makes radiators for cars for a living makes his own, using white super heat resistant paint. can amke any size/shape/ there wicked, and work out about 10euros in costs and the afternoon it might take to put it together, much easier

Sounds pretty legit... You should buy a light meter and test for hot spots..other than that, Sounds like a nice buy....I'd try one...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sunleaves makes the cobra

and I agree about greners - I started from that place when they had the $11 shipping and it saved me a shit ton of dough back in the day - but yeah same story on all these online places when they get too big too fast I guess

Top Bottom