What LED Light for $300.00?

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

I have about $300.00 and am wanting to buy an LED panel. Anyone have a make/model they would recommend?(And please don't tell me to go hid, I can't)

I was looking at this one for $260.00;

thoughts please!?

F

f1ydave

I

ibTheMan

Forget ah LED i got 3 alright ones, and the light aint as strong as 4 t-8, not t-5, t-8,s! grow with a small HPS.

NeWcS

NeWcS

I've been finding that most people who are anti-LED are people who have never used them. Has anyone gone from start to finish using led's? I was at KushCon yesterday and was very impressed with the LED lighting I saw on display

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Not sure for that price range, but you should check out Irishboy's grows - pm him for links to the full journals. He's rocking GLH lights w/ really good results. And I think you can probably get a discount code too.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Waste of FUCKING money!!!!

You are wasting your time and padding someones wallet for a bunch of bullshit!!! Spend your money wisely. Look on here and do a SEARCH before you get ripped off and come back here a month later asking questions to why your plants are not growing fast or you are not getting big buds or a big yeild.
You will get jack shit out of a LED especially a cheap one. For $300 go buy a proper grow light. I am pretty sure almost every grower that knows there shit will tell you the same.

DON'T FUCKING BUY LED'S!!! PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

NeWcS

NeWcS

It's funny that all the people who say LED's suck are people who have never run them. I don't know shit either way but I don't think I would bash something until I've used it myself. Ill do some more research.

For $300 go buy a proper grow light.

Like I said I can not go HID. To much heat and part of being able to grow is that my electric bill has to stay close to the same as it is now.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Get a 400 watt HPS. by far it will raise you electricity by $15 a month. How much difference is that to a LED that puts off around 280 watts? Or go with a 250 HPS and it will outgrow LED'S
I may have not used them myself. My brother fell to the whole scam. He had 6 of the UFO ones and those were crap. He barely got a ounce a plant and it was not worthy.
If you want to waste your time go ahead. You might actually like the "Light Bright" afterall. Considering they do look like a toy.
Why are you so against going with a HID?

NeWcS

NeWcS

Because I have NO WAY to vent the heat out of the grow closet. Other wise Id go with a 400w hps in a second

B

Bill Bloome

I did a Micro grow using 100 watt CFLs from Wally world.Not on par with HID but better than my pardners LEDs.

B

Bill Bloome

Hydrogirled; isn't that the girl/guy who scammed all those people selling car parts?Caveat Emptor!

B

Bill Bloome

Dude,I checked out your link and I've seen similar products for sale elsewhere for half the price.Try 420.com and look at the lights there.If you have to have LEDs,pay as little as possible cause they all pretty much function the same;poorly.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Nice Light Bright you got there. OH man, you do not know how to take advise do ya? I am sitting here laughing my ass off at you for not doing ANY reasearch on LED'S in flower.
If you are fine with very low harvests. Like being lied to. You should google up LEDGIRL. Or use the SEARCH fuction on here about LEDGIRL.
I do have to say that is one mighty fine looking Light Bright toy. If you are too young to know what a light bright is, then I guess you need to use Google. Guess you have no idea how to use that either. Considering.

NeWcS

NeWcS

I did use google and what google told me is that the majority of people talking shit about LED's are people who have never used them, Like your self I'm guessing. Google also told me that Irish Boy does awesome using LED's. He does use more expensive ones then me though(Must have a better job). Hey either it works or it doesn't, Ill be the judge, not some Shocker haiku writer.

Here's one I just made up for you;

2 in the mommy hole, 1 in the toilet bowl.

K

KushMe

Here is the truth as i know it about LED. The only people with anything POSITIVE to say are people selling them. I work in the industry and have never seen a successful LED grow.
You have been ripped off, sell it on CL or cancel your credit card and go buy a T5.

I DO HAVE LED LIGHTS, THEY SUCK.

I have the haight street solid state led light over some clones. GARBAGE. made in china . you could cook a sandwich on the back and T12's light better. Not to mention their rediculous BS. the light only works 6" away, but doesn't have spectrum blend, yet is claiming to handle 3x3 but at 6" its only 1.5x1.5 and further away doesn't do shittttt

9 x 300w(not HSSS) panels over a SINGLE 4x8 tray, STILL SUCKS.

You buy them because of good marketing and false promise. They look great on paper, and they get people asking me "what are those purple plants??" but those people are stupid anyways.

Top Bottom