What makes a strain an OG

• Thread starter Typhonian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

The short answer is genetics. x strain + x strain = OG kush etc.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Sometimes it's just when you want to hype it.

What it seems to mean, in strains I've grown or tried, is that it has some "kushy" scents — stanky, gassy — or one of its parents had kushy scents.

I know the "ocean grown" and "original gangser" stories, but that doesn't help much.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

FYI 'OG' originally stood for Organized General, it was a street term for the strongest guy. Godfather OG I beleive was the kingpin for potency for over two decades, the OG could denote Godfather OG genetics.

elduderito

elduderito

OG is a family of cultivars/elite-cuts of which the origins are quite murky and highly debated ... however, it seems like a lot of the elite OG cuts migrated to/came out of California ... due to it's notoriety and the fact that it's 'clone only' hundreds of breeders have tried to recreate it in seed form or use it in all kinds of crosses.. that kind of explains the huge amount of strains that use OG in the name...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
OG is a family of cultivars/elite-cuts of which the origins are quite murky and highly debated ... however, it seems like a lot of the elite OG cuts migrated to/came out of California ... due to it's notoriety and the fact that it's 'clone only' hundreds of breeders have tried to recreate it in seed form or use it in all kinds of crosses.. that kind of explains the huge amount of strains that use OG in the name...
I agree.It has nothing to do with ocean grown either. OG was just a label slapped on some kush cuts to differentiate from other plant labeled kush. I would have believed it was labeled after OverGrow out of all the stories.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

In other words, if you want good info don't ask on THCfarmer because nobody here actually knows anything.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Lmao If it meant overgrown then I got 4 OGs goin right now Haha! It was just a guess on my part as I seen someone mention ocean grown somewhere and others were goin with it so I thought alright I guess that makes sense lol. I suppose things like this should be taken as heresy until collaborated

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Started way back when bag seeds from a Dead show were split up between two growers. One said his were Mountain Grown and the other being in LA said his were Ocean Grown. That's the jist of it. The lines trace back to some Chemdog, bubba kush, and others I forgot about. It is dated hype though. These days the hype goes to cookies, cakes, and candy flavors like skittles

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Yeah you'll get a different answer every time you ask a different person. Try grass city forums. Much better info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom