What Nutrients Can I Use In Coco Loco?

• Thread starter No1up
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

No1up

Just wondering if I need soil based fox farm trio or hydro based.. coco loco is not soil as far as I know..

S

stemznseedz

I don't know fox farms recommendations but here is what I do know.

Coco is inert meaning it provides no nutritional value to your plants. Coco Loco is amended with some additives to the coco (nutrients) but it's not enough nutrients to last a whole grow. Once the food in it is used up its just inert coco (and I think perlite which is also inert and just helps aerate the medium). At that point, you should expect to need to feed it like any other hydroponic medium, not like soil.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Just wondering if I need soil based fox farm trio or hydro based.. coco loco is not soil as far as I know..
I have grown in coco loco before, and you must absolutely treat it like soil. They heavily amended the coco in that stuff. If you begin feeding the plant right away you will burn it. If you treat it like hydro with daily waterings, you will burn it. I suggest nothing but water, when the medium is dry, for at least the first 4 weeks. After that you can begin to introduce nutes at 1/4 strength and increase as needed. Basically think of it like soil, but with better drainage.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thank You! So use nutrients for for soil delivery?
You can use any nutrient brand you like. The ppm is the important part. That’s how strong the nutrients are in solution. I would start around 300-400 ppm (500 scale) and move up gradually from there.

Top Bottom