What other lights can i combine with LED full spectrum to get my IR and UV?

• Thread starter Tommy_Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tommy_Green

Tommy_Green

Hey all,

I order Quantum board but decided to go without the IR and UV diodes. I've read they burn out and I also think the UV was token. I've worked in UV photography before and know a little about UV but unable to find much info on how much UV is required to get the extra results.

I was thinking that I could look at some UV and IR strip lighting but are there any other options?

I've got an old UV led strip that I can do a test with in one tent.

My setup will be 2 x 8 x 4 tents with 2 x 480 per tent, the lights are from Yuanhui on Alibaba.

One friend has recommended putting a HMS in each tent too....

Interesting to know what combines well with these these new quantum boards :-)

WankirA

WankirA

Bit of research needed @Tommy_Green
UV a & UV b different in terms of effects and largely the one needed is not supported by light comp mies ( think UVb is needed but most lights dit UVAa?!?)
Same goes for other end of spectrum red/far reds (=Emerson effect?!)
So will come down to what you want to achieve with the additional lights.

WankirA

WankirA

😉Blues

And (same page)

Reds

Hope they help and you can thank @Aqua Man for them.

Tommy_Green

Tommy_Green

😉Blues

And (same page)

Reds

Hope they help and you can thank @Aqua Man for them.

Thanks man! I missed your response. This will help greatly

N

Nordle_BK

I'm in the same boat kinda, got some qb288's (with lm301h chips only). And would like to add some spectrum to my grow.
What do you think of the following products:

Bulb (the 18w one: 11red + 3 blue + 1 white + 1 w.white + 1 IR + 1 UV, diodes)
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32816305827.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2e013c00ywwqpa&mp=1

Strip 660nm red + 445nm blue
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32816305827.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2e013c00ywwqpa&mp=1
no UV and IR on the strip tough

What do you think about UV fluorescent lights in general, be it tubes or bulbs?

Are there any good diy options on this? I'm not afraid of soldering tiny high voltage chips i would rather enjoy that.

Suryia

Suryia

I use UV as a supplemental by hanging a 2' T5 High Output Fluorescent on either side of my main grow light - 24" hang height (not attached to it, just on the sides of it) . Each T5 is angled at 30° toward the center of plants at height of 12" from canopy. I have two different bulbs that are used in rotation : Eye Hortilux Full Spectrum + UV and Agromax Pure UV. The FS+ UV is used starting in veg (stay on when lights on) and Pure UV switched out intermittently only starting last two weeks (starting from only 5 minutes every hour for 4 hours in middle of lights on and increase by 1 minute per day up to max 15 min/ hour and no more than that as Pure UV is super strong.

Agromax Pure UV - 280nm and above
Hortilux FS+UV - 300nm and above

Careful when using Pure UV as the spectrum goes down to more energetic range at 280 along with having more intensity at the UVB range over the FS+UV.

BodaciousG

BodaciousG

Tanning lights work great for adding uvb. 2 hours a day in the middle of the day. I like the tanning lights with built in reflectors. Tanning lights have a 4‘ range. All you need to do is trick half the plant into thinking it is being sun burnt for the whole plant to respond and create more trichomes. The way I understand this is, Trichomes are light refractors like a prism and protect the buds (seed sites) from damage from the suns rays. THC is then secreted through a membrane in the bottom of the trichome and up into the ball of the trichome to help the light refraction process.

Top Bottom