What plant is this? Is it full of seeds?

• Thread starter Richudlen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Richudlen

Richudlen

Hello all,

New grower here and by accidenta bud broke off one of my plants.

I was trimming the leaves off with plans to give it a test smoke and as I was doing it I found a brown seed!!
What plant is this is it full of seeds

Can I plant it?

Also, the plant looks like none of the other plants I am growing. Could the seed I planted have been a mistake from the seed store? I think it was supposed to be a Skywalker auto.

Could this plant be full of seeds?

Thank you!

Dan789

Dan789

If you found a brown seed, then guess that’s your answer...haven’t ever seen a seed growing would you mind telling the community and myself if they’re in all those little covered looking balls...? Another shot, maybe a close up of you extracting a seed...thanks

Richudlen

Richudlen

No. Out of the three buds that broke there was only one brown seed and a couple of green seeds. Most of the little green buds look like they are sending out pistols.

E3FAA71D 82BF 499B 9FE6 B3E8C82871F7
15BF5B60 6D7C 426B 80F5 F9A97CCB7183

mancorn

mancorn

The fact that it has some seeds would indicate that it has been pollinated. Easy enough just to squeeze a few calyx and feel if they’re seeded. The pistols will turn brown once it's pollinated (like your picture), but I’ve seen plants that look similar that weren’t pollinated. I’m going out on a limb and say it's not completely seeded.

A seeded bud from a few years back (if it's any help). It also has white pistols as those ones didn’t get pollinated.
86ECDFFC 0106 4E36 A93B 4A778B48C3FD

Richudlen

Richudlen

The fact that it has some seeds would indicate that it has been pollinated. Easy enough just to squeeze a few calyx and feel if they’re seeded. The pistols will turn brown once it's pollinated (like your picture), but I’ve seen plants that look similar that weren’t pollinated. I’m going out on a limb and say it's not completely seeded.

A seeded bud from a few years back (if it's any help). It also has white pistols as those ones didn’t get pollinated.
View attachment 999333

Thanks!!

I did squeeze a few and they did not feel like they had a seed in them. The one brown seed must have been just good luck.

So will all these little buds flower?

mancorn

mancorn

Thanks!!

I did squeeze a few and they did not feel like they had a seed in them. The one brown seed must have been just good luck.

So will all these little buds flower?
Yeah it's flowering now. Some genetics just look like this. But it could also be a clone (?) that flipped into flower real early (and why you have a bunch of single blade leaves). Not knowing any specifics (simply stuff like north or south hemisphere) hard to say what’s going on.

Richudlen

Richudlen

Thanks again. Hopefully it will produce as much as it looks like it might.

sambapati

sambapati

Thanks again. Hopefully it will produce as much as it looks like it might.
Looks like a really good omen to me...free seed screaming like that old song, "drop me in the shallow water, before it gets too deep"

Richudlen

Richudlen

Hello,

Here are the seeds I got from the plants.
I planted two and they both sprouted! Will these be dangerous to grow around the new autos I’m planting?

Thanks!

8F94F17C A45C 4DBF A68B B782100C7C27
98693810 05BC 4098 94E7 DB6AC98AC617
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When you have seeds that you suspect were created when a female popped a male flower or two, you should be ready for plants that might pop a male flower or two. As long as you have no problem with that, don't worry about them being a bad influence on the other plants.

Richudlen

Richudlen

Thanks!

You don’t think they would pollinate the female plants?

Top Bottom