What seed Company best represents the original OG Kush?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/posts/1352108/Yeah I had ran some of DR green thumbs ghost og they were expensive an they weren't good to me at all pretty much everything @nightmarecreature said is spot on! But there is an new up an coming seed company that is putting out some keeper right here on the farm seed junkies @justblazen has some nice gear from what I have been hearing his HOFA seeds are supposed to be fire! Here is his seed thread an he is working on bx3 as we speak!

B

Bluenoser

I have been messing with seeds for five years and nothing I mean nothing compares to the old school clone only OG's. Unless its an S1 of a pure OG, its not the same. I hear Archive Seeds is close but that is hear say.

Dr. Greenthumb's S1 are bogus fakes, his strains are garbage period. The Hells Angel og lacks quality but puts out a good yield. I tossed it. I grew tons of Rare Dankness, great smell and yield but nothing that bangs. Sin City had some keepers but they were not OG.

Try Archive Seeds, OBS or Franchise Genetics for OG Kush.

OMG what a load of BS! Greenthumb was the first seedbank to offer OG in seed form back in 2002 and has carried it in a continuous line ever since. I grow a lot of OG and it's still the best OG money can buy

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

I'd say cannarados white og crosses could have some absolute gems..

P

Pimples

Old thread but sjn city has some gear that with the right selection or just lucky...you can get some phenos of strains that are very similar to og kush type. Sins og being one. Sin Valley. Power nap. A bunch. The early and original releases of the Blue Power crosses is what i basically have. The Sins Og...i bought several packs. About out of every 5 or 6 you will get one short bushy very indica pheno. I kept one but the real keepers are the stretchy very Kosher Kush dominant ones. But within this general group (the majority of a 15 pack) you will get sub phenos and slight variations.Tall lankys that are very dense and tight golfballs. Or slightly bigger buds that arent as tight..slightly foxtaily but very "kushy" in smell and high. Yall should really try a pack or 2 of any SCS Blue Power crosses. The most og like of any breeder i have tried for sure. And ive tried alot. Cali Connect hadan early small window of banging og kush type in seed form but quickly went to shit with questionable ethics..breeding practices and subpar plants.

707seedbank

707seedbank

Supporter
I have a SFV Bx2 thats really nice in seed form. Skunk Va found a nice male from my seeds that he uses in most of his crosses. Im currently working on Bx3 but that several month out. Check out 707seedbank on IG, you can see the last male that i used.
The OgKush smell and flavor is a very rare trait. Out of sever hundred seeds i will only get a few that have the straight Og flavor. Most of the time you get a wet cardboard smell. I'm hoping that after the last bx i should have a very stable, consistent sfv OGkush in seed form.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'm in the UK so I don't have access to all these clone onlies but I found goji og to be awesome.very earthy fuelly(which is what og is known for in my experience).also got a true og pheno out a pack of jimmy nitz true og x Death Star.it never had any fuel just really really earthy.great banging high but the yeild was very low.as usual with most ogeez iv seen.
Iv never tried them but true canna genetics has a great looking og called "the truth" it's a tk,sfv,Chem cross or I think there's one called josh d by josh d which is sfv,tk,ha og.all available on the tude

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I dunno if it's been mentioned and I dunno how I forgot this quintessential og kush in seed form.i am of course talking about loompas yeti lines

Blaze

Blaze

I hope nobody bashes me but... Cali connect. Yeah yeah yeah there is some instability issues but when u get a hit its a hit

"Some' instability issues? More like they slap made up labels on shitty random crosses and hermie seeds and try to sell it as whatever they want. It's not so much that their genetics are unstable (which they are) it's that they lie about what their genetics *actually* are and have zero integrity. You are better of growing bag seed from brick weed smuggled in from Mexico that fell off a boat, spent the last two years floating around the Gulf of Mexico before getting eaten by a bull shark, shit out by said shark, and then washing up on some beach in Florida where it gets discovered by some mentally impaired gang-bangers who decide to call it "OG Kush' because that's what the high school kids are smoking these days and everyone involved is too stupid to tell the difference. Oh, and their 'feminized' seeds are usually 60-70% male and/or hermies. Whoops.

Cali Connect is literally the worst genetics I have ever seen in my entire growing career and in no way represents the good genetics that can be found in Cali. I have gotten random volunteers pop up in my compost piles that are 10 times better than the garbage they vend. They are nothing but con artists as far as I am concerned - intentionally spreading god-awful genetics, hermie seeds, and contaminating the entire cannabis gene pool, all the while screwing over every customer that buys from them.

Archive has some good stuff and a lot of OG hybrids to pick from. So does Sierra Skunk - his genetics are top notch. If you want good OG type genetics that is who I would recommend.

below frigid

below frigid

Come on Blaze what gives? A lot of hate and anger in your post. I have grown a lot of different genetics from many, many different breeders. I can't say CC is the worst or the best but somewhere in between. I can say I have grown his Tahoe & Larry with no herm issues. The Larry was decent but this was 4 or 5 years ago. No disrespect Blaze just saying.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Cali connect had it made at first.they had good genetics a good name and a good rep.all they had to do was just continue in the way they were and he would been set but greed got in the way of theyr desire to put out good genetics.a shame really as they were pretty popular at one point.from what I saw it seemed like everything went down hill wen pie guy I think it was outed theyr fake cookies in Cali connects own booth then posted it on the internet.from then on it was a downward spiral culminating in "that pic" uploaded online o swerve holding his cock n balls with nothing but two fingers.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Funny that you ask......for the scotts it was terrible , out of 12 I got two that made it lol, right next to a few packs of mr nice gear all of which germinated , Leeroy had a better rate, of the two Scotts I got 2 ladies both dank , one that is very very nice example of OG , grown other RD stuff and had no problems germinating, just with scotts
I was gonna ask if shanti or mr nice have a version that does any justice?

P

Pimples

From '09 to 2010...Cali Connection and Swerve were the bees knees in the forums and seed selling business. And rightfully so. The strains they had at first were top notch. Very few herm reports and no flowering while still in veg bullshit. They quickly went downhill and Swerve acting like a dick online only hastened the downfall. I grew alot of cc gear. The early stuff was kick ass. Thier Tahoe and Chemdog #4 was nothing but top shelf. At least a keeper in a pack or 3. Then it just changed practically overnight. The next couple packs i bought...seeds were not viable. Herms. My Larry started flowering in veg...shit phenos...like it all started turning to hemp. Dont know what happened. But Cali Connection really fukt up a good thing.

P

Pimples

I make my own seeds now. With my tester room. I got a couple prized champion males including my stud Blue Power f2 male. I swear its the best pollen ive ever worked with. Every clone i dust with it...the subsequent seeds i get turn out very noticeably better than the original clone. About 80% of the time. Very consistent what that bpf2 pollen does. Just simple pollen dusting really. No real work. And the seeds are really really good. I call him King Midas. With the golden finger.lol

Blaze

Blaze

Come on Blaze what gives? A lot of hate and anger in your post. I have grown a lot of different genetics from many, many different breeders. I can't say CC is the worst or the best but somewhere in between. I can say I have grown his Tahoe & Larry with no herm issues. The Larry was decent but this was 4 or 5 years ago. No disrespect Blaze just saying.

I've had several friends grow Cali Conenct genetics. The result was the same every time - they caused tens of thousands of dollars of losses to their crops if not an outright crop failure.

Every time, with every strain (over 6 so far and counting), over 50% hermed out in early flower and had to be yanked. The ones that didn't herm got dusted with pollen and ended up seeded. This was with different people in different gardens who were experienced gardeners.

Even the ones that didn't herm or get seeded produced absolute garbage bud. Their knock-offs are far cry from the original strains they pathetically try to represent.

Every strain. Every garden with every grower. Every time. So like I said - Cali Connect has BY FAR the worst genetics I have ever seen.

DaKindBud

DaKindBud

Here is a Chem valley kush from Cali connect ran some years ago.. Not the best picture but definitely was some top shelf meds. I think it's Chemdog D x sfv og if I remember correctly?? I can't say all the phenos were a+ but def a keeper in a pack or two.

These are some "22" and "purple Chem" I have vegging waiting to throw in bloom in my fathers organic garden. I have not seen any problems so far in veg...lets hope they stay true to the female side of things boys, keep it irie

The best of in seed form? I would say the yeti line is supposed to be stellar from what I hear!

below frigid

below frigid

Sorry to hear about your and co farmers large losses. Like I and others said, a hand full of years ago CC had some decent genetics. I have not grown CC genetics since then. Heard some stuff about hermie prone in more current releases. I was about to check out CC's 818 but would rather not chance it. I will stay away as well. Not like I really need more genetics anyway. Bought one pack of Cali King from Golden Lion, the rest of my grow this season will be form beans I have made over the years. High hopes for my Fruity Pebbles x Goji OG.

P

Pimples

I've had several friends grow Cali Conenct genetics. The result was the same every time - they caused tens of thousands of dollars of losses to their crops if not an outright crop failure.

Every time, with every strain (over 6 so far and counting), over 50% hermed out in early flower and had to be yanked. The ones that didn't herm got dusted with pollen and ended up seeded. This was with different people in different gardens who were experienced gardeners.

Even the ones that didn't herm or get seeded produced absolute garbage bud. Their knock-offs are far cry from the original strains they pathetically try to represent.

Every strain. Every garden with every grower. Every time. So like I said - Cali Connect has BY FAR the worst genetics I have ever seen.
I understand ya on Cali Connect beans but WHY on earth would anyone in there right mind throw up a decent sized operstion with untested and ran beans from ANY seed company? You dont run beans in them ops. Thats just retarded. If pheno hunting...you run your beans in a small area or even a tent. Several times in a not so perfect small setup. See what they do. Then pick your moms that do what you want (and dont herm for crying out loud.) Take cuts and boom up some production. I always hear this time and again. Cmon. No disrespect intended. ..but ya dont run untested and unproven beans in a bkg setup...at all. Any pro grower knows this. You test all new gear before introducing to the big leagues.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Sorry to hear about your and co farmers large losses. Like I and others said, a hand full of years ago CC had some decent genetics. I have not grown CC genetics since then. Heard some stuff about hermie prone in more current releases. I was about to check out CC's 818 but would rather not chance it. I will stay away as well. Not like I really need more genetics anyway. Bought one pack of Cali King from Golden Lion, the rest of my grow this season will be form beans I have made over the years. High hopes for my Fruity Pebbles x Goji OG.
Fpog goji sounds nice.i have some fpog and Nepali og x Goji in veg atm.the fpogs are fem testers from jaws.
There's no one seed co that's the best.theyrs loads of quality seed cos.
Topdawg,csi humbolt,aligee,DVG,jaws,seed junky,London city genetics,dank genetics,exotix genetix,la plata labs,karma genetics,serious seeds,green beans seeds,in house genetics,Pisces genetics,snow high,relentless genetics,red eye genetics,motarebel,big buddy, cannarado....etc etc.thats just a few i can think on but there is literally thousands of good seed cos these days

below frigid

below frigid

Fpog goji sounds nice.i have some fpog and Nepali og x Goji in veg atm.the fpogs are fem testers from jaws.
There's no one seed co that's the best.theyrs loads of quality seed cos.
Topdawg,csi humbolt,aligee,DVG,jaws,seed junky,London city genetics,dank genetics,exotix genetix,la plata labs,karma genetics,serious seeds,green beans seeds,in house genetics,Pisces genetics,snow high,relentless genetics,red eye genetics,motarebel,big buddy, cannarado....etc etc.thats just a few i can think on but there is literally thousands of good seed cos these days

The Fruity Pebbles I used to make the cross were F2's made from a pack my buddy bought from Aliens release. I have ran them a few times outdoors and the came out really nice. Only draw back is that they had a tendency for bud rot even in my low humidity environment. Found out it was better not to push them and take them if they look close. Hoping with the Goji mixed in it will fix the problem.

Top Bottom