WHAT SHOULD I BUY TO GROW IN MY HOUSE????

• Thread starter sargewag04
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sargewag04

sargewag04

I grew my first baby this year all outdoor in my patio and it has been one of the most enjoyable and rewarding things I have ever done. I obviously want to continue this amazing “hobby” but I’m not sure about all the things I need for my tent. Can someone help a beginner out and give me a list of the things that I will need and which brands I should use? I saw some complete kits on Amazon but I’m not sure if I should just buy the whole kit or buy things individually. I’m thinking a small grow, maybe 4 plants. Thanks in advance my friends!!!!

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Make your own setup, most of the complete kits on Amazon are garbage.
Whatever your budget is.... Double it... At least 😁
I don't hink I have much change, if any at all from a 1000 Euro, Tent, Lights, Fans, PH/EC pens, Nutrients, grow medium and accessories, seeds.... The list ends up fairly long and then you find stuff that you want but don't really need but want because it is cool and convenient 😎
I haven't bought the cheapest stuff but I haven't bought the most expensive setup either.

beluga

beluga

Those kits are a great introduction. Something like this from Spider Farmer would probably be ample to get your feet wet on the indoor cultivation game. Probably use something like Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil and their Nutrient Trio to get yourself used to things... then just read a Whole Lot! People here are great teachers and very willing to share.

After you get a grow or two under your belt, then you can decide what you do and don't want to do... if you want different lights, more space, to go hydro... whatever. Tons of different methods and equipment grow great weed.

beluga

beluga

Make your own setup, most of the complete kits on Amazon are garbage.
Whatever your budget is.... Double it... At least 😁
I don't hink I have much change, if any at all from a 1000 Euro, Tent, Lights, Fans, PH/EC pens, Nutrients, grow medium and accessories, seeds.... The list ends up fairly long and then you find stuff that you want but don't really need but want because it is cool and convenient 😎
I haven't bought the cheapest stuff but I haven't bought the most expensive setup either.
I'm all about customization. I DIYed my own hydro system, LED fixture, etc. because I believe the components in manufactured products to be subpar and ridiculously overpriced.
However... I think to get yourself into the hobby starting from 0, getting as much pre-assembled stuff as you can will make for a much smoother ride.
Might not be the most, greatest, but it will suffice and it will probably get you into the hobby with a lot more enthusiasm than headache.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
However... I think to get yourself into the hobby starting from 0, getting as much pre-assembled stuff as you can will make for a much smoother ride.
Might not be the most, greatest, but it will suffice and it will probably get you into the hobby with a lot more enthusiasm than headache.
Absolutely...And you want your first grow experience to be a positive one..... 🙂
I will definitely be looking at some custom options when I make my next and bigger grow setup, unless I can find a sponsor LOL

sargewag04

sargewag04

You guys have been so helpful. Thank you very much. I am just about to harvest my first grow and it was such a cool and enjoyable experience that I want to be able to do it year around. I currently don’t have much space in my apartment, but next year I’ll be moving into a house where I can expand my grow space. So I’ll start small and get my feet wet as I know I’m going to learn stuff along the way. Check out pics of my baby.....
A7DA857E B129 4801 BDA7 6C2032330544
CAF8A2F4 931C 481A 8058 7EF6A22DAD3A
A4837171 E2EC 4CC2 8F6A A1317D5A2EB5
99AE10D1 3FBF 4931 AA8E E514F32746D5
912ECE0F 5DBF 4489 AFD8 FC08264C5580

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I can help you with specific items if you want but some advice I have is don't buy anything cheap, you'll end up having to replace it anyway so why not start with the good stuff, especially with lights.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A lot depends on how legal Cannabis is in your area. There is what the plant needs and there is what stealth or courtesy requires.

The plant needs:

1. a light,
  2. air circulation (fans and necessary ducts),
  3. soil at the right pH and
  4. nutrients.

If you're not growing autos, you need a way to keep the plant in total darkness for flowering. This means a tent, closet or cabinet of some sort.

Depending on how legal things are in your area, you will have to do something about odor. Even if it's legal, keep odor down. While we all love a plant that smells like skunk, diesel, dirty feet, diaper, armpits with rotten fruit, etc, believe it or not, non-potheads don't like those odors. (I mean WTF, right?)

Cobray

Cobray

A lot depends on how legal Cannabis is in your area. There is what the plant needs and there is what stealth or courtesy requires.

The plant needs:

1. a light,
  2. air circulation (fans and necessary ducts),
  3. soil at the right pH and
  4. nutrients.

If you're not growing autos, you need a way to keep the plant in total darkness for flowering. This means a tent, closet or cabinet of some sort.

Depending on how legal things are in your area, you will have to do something about odor. Even if it's legal, keep odor down. While we all love a plant that smells like skunk, diesel, dirty feet, diaper, armpits with rotten fruit, etc, believe it or not, non-potheads don't like those odors. (I mean WTF, right?)
I loved the smell of my plants this summer. I'd smear a bit of the sticky goo under my nose. My wife however hated it!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm!!

I can never emphasize enough how important environmental management is. If you cannot completely control every aspect individually, temp, RH etc...you will run into major obstacles growing indoors.

You can get the best light ever, and have absolutely zero chance at success with it If the plants live in a 💩 environment.

Guys and gals on here are growing fire with $200 lights because they understand there's waaaaaay more to it than that.

My fans, exausts, dehumidifier, humidifier, AC, heater etc all add up to triple the cost of the lights easily.

🌱

Latest posts

Top Bottom