What should I do with these free auto seeds

• Thread starter Ganjadad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I buy seeds so I don't have to take care of the moms. Also, I get a lot of variety by where with clones until you're ready to start something new from seed ... you're stock with the strains in my mom collection.
I swap moms on each cycle. I grow a plant until its big enough to clone off, take cuttings and flip the mom, raise her children, take cuttings and flip the mom, I'm just finishing off a Bubble Bomb line I've had about 2 years now. I found a GSC that I'm going to run like that replacing the BB.......I take 2-3 cuttings off any I think I may like, grow out the moms...if I like I'll keep for a while...... if not...as in The Platinum OG ( nice big beautiful plant with huge buds, but all air ) I've grown out a few times its getting dumped in favor of ??? this next run of stuff maybe...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah I wish I could just buy seeds, it’s so much easier but my wife said she doesn’t want me to spend an extr60-80 bucks every month and a half if I don’t have to. I’m glad she’s letting me get and do everything that I’m doing now hahaha
My situation is probably a bit different. My kids are grown so I probably have a bit more discretionary income. I know I couldn't have done things the way I do now if my kids were still living at home. Probably the biggest difference though is my wife is involved and its our hobby that we do together. I rarely get questioned when I ask if she has a problem with any of my grow room purchases.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

No tjey will need 18/6 full cycle in my opininion - autos are much more finicky - lite feeders usually if you transplant do it early with no plant stress. Good luck
I thought areas with short days and lack of sunlight was the reason people grew them,because that's what they have in their native land?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah I wish I could just buy seeds, it’s so much easier but my wife said she doesn’t want me to spend an extr60-80 bucks every month and a half if I don’t have to. I’m glad she’s letting me get and do everything that I’m doing now hahaha
1 seed.....1 plant.....2 months later 1 big plant and 4 little cuttings in cups.....2 months later 1 harvested plant and 4 big plants with 16 cuttings taken off.......2 months later...4 harvested and 16 ready to go with 64 cuttings....lol.... I could go on in 6-7 months you could have a lot of weed off 1 seed.... Buy 2 just in case,,,lol......then double my numbers.....and that's conservative just for fun.....you could go crazy and take many more cuttings on each cycle......... buy once and never have to buy again unless you want to...not every 1.5 months

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My situation is probably a bit different. My kids are grown so I probably have a bit more discretionary income. I know I couldn't have done things the way I do now if my kids were still living at home. Probably the biggest difference though is my wife is involved and its our hobby that we do together. I rarely get questioned when I ask if she has a problem with any of my grow room purchases.
same same man, We've all our bills paid off and don't owe jack shit to nobody any more. My wife has a bad knitting habit..... don't laugh wool is expensive and she has more needles than an army of knitters could use......so she doesn't ever say anything about my grow expense's.

Cannadian

Cannadian

For some reason the seed banks like to send autos as freebies. I have a whole bunch and at some point I will probably run them. They probably would do well outside in a Michigan summer and finish soon enough to avoid the fall weather issues outside. Especially if started early inside.
I'm in Southern Ontario - I did that with 1 x Humboldt Seed Companies Auto Watermelon last season... started indoors in early May, put it out around May 24th weekend, and let it go until harvest near the end of August. I gotta say, compared to tending to and waiting for my Gorilla Glue and Cherry GarSeeYa to be ready last season (lost over half of both - cold wet fall, PM issues... bud rot...), it was a pleasure... I'm going to plant 3 autos that way next season... have 3 more of the Auto Watermelon seeds (it was really good smoke)...

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I swap moms on each cycle. I grow a plant until its big enough to clone off, take cuttings and flip the mom, raise her children, take cuttings and flip the mom, I'm just finishing off a Bubble Bomb line I've had about 2 years now. I found a GSC that I'm going to run like that replacing the BB.......I take 2-3 cuttings off any I think I may like, grow out the moms...if I like I'll keep for a while...... if not...as in The Platinum OG ( nice big beautiful plant with huge buds, but all air ) I've grown out a few times its getting dumped in favor of ??? this next run of stuff maybe...
That’s exactly how I do it too, never keep a mom too long so I do t have to go super big with the pots

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

1 seed.....1 plant.....2 months later 1 big plant and 4 little cuttings in cups.....2 months later 1 harvested plant and 4 big plants with 16 cuttings taken off.......2 months later...4 harvested and 16 ready to go with 64 cuttings....lol.... I could go on in 6-7 months you could have a lot of weed off 1 seed.... Buy 2 just in case,,,lol......then double my numbers.....and that's conservative just for fun.....you could go crazy and take many more cuttings on each cycle......... buy once and never have to buy again unless you want to...not every 1.5 months
Yeah that’s why I do moms. Seeds are easier but moms are cheaper imo

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Yeah I’m a family man right now with 3 young boys and another in the way (hopefully a girl haha) my wife doesn’t smoke but she knows how much I love to grow so she lets me do it but to an extent hahaha

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

same same man, We've all our bills paid off and don't owe jack shit to nobody any more. My wife has a bad knitting habit..... don't laugh wool is expensive and she has more needles than an army of knitters could use......so she doesn't ever say anything about my grow expense's.
Can’t wait to get to that point. Soon enough I’m sure

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I'm in the same boat except the wife doesn't knit but buys books like crazy,they don't give them away either,but it does keep her quiet so not a problem😊.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm in the same boat except the wife doesn't knit but buys books like crazy,they don't give them away either,but it does keep her quiet so not a problem😊.
oh yes the books too, if she's not knitting she has 2 readers, a Kindle & Kobo ....needs 2 in case 1 battery dies.... I keep giving her a hard time about all of the.....the's,,,in, out,are,when,where,who,ifs,and, & or she reads....days after days reading the same small words over and over again, Read a dictionary at least then you get new words on every page instead of the same stuff rearranged to tell a story. 🤣
🤣

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

oh yes the books too, if she's not knitting she has 2 readers, a Kindle & Kobo ....needs 2 in case 1 battery dies.... I keep giving her a hard time about all of the.....the's,,,in, out,are,when,where,who,ifs,and, & or she reads....days after days reading the same small words over and over again, Read a dictionary at least then you get new words on every page instead of the same stuff rearranged to tell a story. 🤣
🤣
Must be so nice to be able to read and knit. I have to do all my growing when all the kids are sleeping and it’s a battle on who watches the kids so the other can do a project 😂

Gmix

Gmix

If seeds became a problem i would go back to making me own. I haven’t done it in years it’s good fun though I liked doing it as much as growing I stopped years back when I moved out of the attic to a smaller room.
Had some good ones one I was real proud of was a citral x skunk x mazar it done real well inside & out one was a complete failure Mexican x orange bud the flavours didn’t go well but it was a good time.
Haven’t tried doing it using sts or Colloidal silver I well might do soon mind, just a stoned thought 😋

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

If seeds became a problem i would go back to making me own. I haven’t done it in years it’s good fun though I liked doing it as much as growing I stopped years back when I moved out of the attic to a smaller room.
Had some good ones one I was real proud of was a citral x skunk x mazar it done real well inside & out one was a complete failure Mexican x orange bud the flavours didn’t go well but it was a good time.
Haven’t tried doing it using sts or Colloidal silver I well might do soon mind, just a stoned thought 😋
That would be nice but I wouldn’t know where to begin. I’m just a basic soil grower haha. I’ve tried all the growing mediums but never really tried making seeds or breeding. How do you make your own seeds?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Must be so nice to be able to read and knit. I have to do all my growing when all the kids are sleeping and it’s a battle on who watches the kids so the other can do a project 😂
Our kids are 40 & 50, with 5 great grand kids, We have 3 black American Short hair male cats to look after now. More fun & less stress than raising children. Kids were fun too just more work and expensive these days.....one of our grand daughters had husband troubles and is now single with 2 kids, 1000 litre oil tank.....$2.05/ litre +15% tax in an old leaky house......last year it was$1.10/litre and she struggled, I don't know how anyone is going to heat with oil this year if a fill up is going to cost $2500+ every 2 months.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Our kids are 40 & 50, with 5 great grand kids, We have 3 black American Short hair male cats to look after now. More fun & less stress than raising children. Kids were fun too just more work and expensive these days.....one of our grand daughters had husband troubles and is now single with 2 kids, 1000 litre oil tank.....$2.05/ litre +15% tax in an old leaky house......last year it was$1.10/litre and she struggled, I don't know how anyone is going to heat with oil this year if a fill up is going to cost $2500+ every 2 months.
Yeah I can’t believe how much inflation has raised the prices for everything. I’m a small time flipper and can’t believe how much building materials have gone up let alone living expenses and mortgage rates. I switched my heating and cooling to a air sourced heat pump and that really saved money but I don’t get snow in my winters so it handled better. Some places a heat pump wont keep up.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My kids range from 26 to almost 32. I also have 2 stepsons almost 20 and 22. The 22 yr old still lives here but he's self sufficient and pays his own bills ... right down to his monthly rent. (I charge him $200/mo for for food/utilities etc.) He's smart enough to know that is a solid deal. lol ... I also have 9 grand kids with 1 on the way.

The dependent "kids" all have 4 legs. 2 cats and 2 dogs. The dogs are featured in my profile pic.

I'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter's struggle. Despite those struggles, its frequently better to live alone than to be involved in a toxic relationship. Best of luck to her as she works through things going forward.

sportyridr

sportyridr

So I received some freebies from my last purchase at seedsman. I was able to choose two freebies and out of the 4 choices I chose 3xWhite Widow feminized seeds and 3xcritical +2.0 auto seeds. The other two options were regular seeds and I didn’t want those. So I never grown autos before but know there lighting is different than photos. I’m growing photo plants and not sure what I should do with them. Any suggestions? Should I just throw them in the flower room and say fuck it haha? Thanks ✌🏼

The last order from Seedsman said the freebie was Autoflower seeds, told them in the notes to keep them...unfortunately they didn't....more junk lol

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

The last order from Seedsman said the freebie was Autoflower seeds, told them in the notes to keep them...unfortunately they didn't....more junk lol
Yeah I took the Whjte widow bc it was the only feminized freebie so we’ll see how it turns out. I’m gonna play around with the auto just bc I’ve never grown an auto and it was free🤷🏻‍♂️

Top Bottom