What should I do with these free auto seeds

• Thread starter Ganjadad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The last order from Seedsman said the freebie was Autoflower seeds, told them in the notes to keep them...unfortunately they didn't....more junk lol
I was an auto detractor too until I grew a GSC auto I got from one of the members here. There's a place for them and If you grew one of these GSC I think you'd be sold on them too. I like that they sex themselves while still in 1 gallon pots at around 4-5 weeks so I can get the males out early then transplant and flower.

I'd like to see the bud development from 18 hrs of light in flower but I've not been able to coordinate running my flower room or tents on 18 hrs yet. So any auto's I've grown I've only given them the 12 hrs flower time...... I've seen pics of a Head Banger auto strain here that grew some nice real big hard buds I don't think can be beat with a 12 hr photo period.....60 days on 12hr = 720 hrs of light.....60 days on 18hrs = 1080...that extra 360 hrs of light has to do something to them other than just cost 33% more

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yeah I took the Whjte widow bc it was the only feminized freebie so we’ll see how it turns out. I’m gonna play around with the auto just bc I’ve never grown an auto and it was free🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm just messing round mostly here, but I did tell them that lol. I mean, how hard is it to offer a cpl photo seeds as well. You'd think there was a shortage lmao 🤣

I have grown my share of autos, some ok, some not worth the dirt they're in. I have 3 autos goin now to use up some seeds from a few years ago.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm just messing round mostly here, but I did tell them that lol. I mean, how hard is it to offer a cpl photo seeds as well. You'd think there was a shortage lmao 🤣

I have grown my share of autos, some ok, some not worth the dirt they're in. I have 3 autos goin now to use up some seeds from a few years ago.
I'm not sure how shipping from Canada would work for you but you'd get a better bang for your buck on seeds here. The guys at QCseeds ship from Vancouver and I've not had any auto's from them and have shipped me free photo's with each order. I may have mentioned I don't want auto's in my orders but I don't remember doing so... I haven't flowered any of their seeds out yet but in another few weeks I will be. So far so good they all popped and are growing like weeds.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Yeah I noticed you get to have more options on freebies when you spend more money hahaha.

Gmix

Gmix

That would be nice but I wouldn’t know where to begin. I’m just a basic soil grower haha. I’ve tried all the growing mediums but never really tried making seeds or breeding. How do you make your own seeds?
Ahh back when I was breeding it was easier as we only had regs to play with so you would pick a female & a male that had what you where looking for ( you get to figure quite easy what to look for ) & simply collect some male pollen and use a paint brush to brush it onto the female flower or grab a male brach & rub it on a female branch you don’t want to pollinate much more than a branch to get a 100+ seeds back

Nowadays you would choose two females unless you want regs & use silver phosphate ( sts ) or colloidal silver to reverse one of the females ( you can’t smoke the reversed plant once you spray it ) collect pollen from the reversed female & do the same as you would do with a reg.

pollen from reversed females isn’t as viable as pollen from a reg male however a little bit goes a long way.

Probably best to start with two of the same strains and create your own ibl ( in breed line )

There’s a lot more to it to create a stable strain however that’s the basics that will get you seeds

As for auto why oh why do they add them when your buying fem’ed or regs, guess they make to many

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Ahh back when I was breeding it was easier as we only had regs to play with so you would pick a female & a male that had what you where looking for ( you get to figure quite easy what to look for ) & simply collect some male pollen and use a paint brush to brush it onto the female flower or grab a male brach & rub it on a female branch you don’t want to pollinate much more than a branch to get a 100+ seeds back

Nowadays you would choose two females unless you want regs & use silver phosphate ( sts ) or colloidal silver to reverse one of the females ( you can’t smoke the reversed plant once you spray it ) collect pollen from the reversed female & do the same as you would do with a reg.

pollen from reversed females isn’t as viable as pollen from a reg male however a little bit goes a long way.

Probably best to start with two of the same strains and create your own ibl ( in breed line )

There’s a lot more to it to create a stable strain however that’s the basics that will get you seeds

As for auto why oh why do they add them when your buying fem’ed or regs, guess they make to many
Wow thank you for the quick run down. I’m assuming you need quite a bit a growing space to accomplish this. I’m very limited and limited on time. I’m a full time family man with a full time construction business. I barely have time for my lil grow up i have going now hahaha. But thank you for the break down. I will be saving this for the future! ✌🏼

P

periscalatayud

Yeah I wish I could just buy seeds, it’s so much easier but my wife said she doesn’t want me to spend an extr60-80 bucks every month and a half if I don’t have to. I’m glad she’s letting me get and do everything that I’m doing now hahaha
I always buy some articles of CBD like a fowers and never have any present... i've the hope in the next purchase.... luck for u!

Top Bottom