• Thread starter bon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
Birthday coming up, and i need to help my girl with my present :cool

Been thinking and came up with these (the present has to be non weed related!!)

-Nikon D90, i already have a Nikon D40x, but the D90 has got live view and is more lens compatibel... Need to sell the D40x though...
-Canon G10, i already have the Canon G9, and i'm pretty happy with it, but the G10 supports macro flash rings and has a few new features like wide angle etc...
-Iphone, i already have a HTC diamond touch, but it's a hassle syncing since i made the switch to an imac, and i'm not that happy with the htc...

So, actually i don't need anything of the above, but it would be cool to have an upgrade...

cheers and thanks for the help!

F

FastForward

G10.....iphone is nice, but it's not all that....Nikons are shit (!!! - I'm Canon)...which just leaves the compact Canon, which does RAW etc and is pocketable....I'd go with that personally. Plus you can get an iphone free if you find the right contract...

B

BuddKlott

Canon all the way - get some nice lenses if you can afford em

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks for the help guys!

@FastForward: not a nikon lover eh? I never used a Canon dslr, only the G9 compact... I'm pretty happy with the G9, except for the focussing part, and from what i've heard/read, the G10 has got the same problem. Also when ISO goes up, the quality really goes down, alot of noise...

I already have the macro lens for the G9, but that's just crap... And i do have the nikkor micro VR 105, which is a pretty damn good lens... The reason i bought a nikon dslr was because i really wanted to use nikkor glass...

Overhere in Belgium, you can't get a Iphone for free, we have a law against package deals...

I also did head or tail, tail being a camera, head being the phone and it was head...

@BuddKlott: The G10 is a compact camera, you can some lenses for it but nothing good actually...

Cheers guys!

F

FastForward

In that case, go with the DSLR over the iphone or compact any day....but I think you already know what you want to do :) Once you've got the body you'll be lusting after lenses though...it's another expensive addiction like beans :)

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah i know what you mean! I already own three nikkor lenses :sun The new sigma 18-200mm looks good, and with the D90 i can get it, not with the D40x, cuz the D40x has to have the focus motor in the lens, just like the D60... (well apparently sigma sells it with the motor in the lens, but its more expensive)
And the new and improved nikkor micro 60mm is also high on my list... Or the legedary Tamron 90mm...

Man i can feel a storm of extra costs coming when i buy the Nikon gheghe

F

FastForward

Personally I go for primes or L series glass if I can (total glass snob) - I know some of the Tamrons and even Sigmas get okay reviews but the build quality just doesn't match up to Canon L series.... (e.g. I dropped my 17-40 f4 from waist height onto concrete in Indo a few years ago and I'm still shooting with it today).

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
yeh, those canon lenses look very good build (just went to their site)... I dunno what would happen when i drop my nikkor lens, but i'm definatly not gonna test that gheghe :clapping

G

greyfx

I had an iphone and sold it. Was only good when I hacked it with quickpwn so many apps through cydia. I really wouldn't call it hacking the other term is jailbreak lol.

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
alot of canon! hmmm...

@hubcap: lol! I hear ya, same with glass and beans,... all crack!

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
sorry to dissapoint everybody, but yesterday i got the Nikon D90 + 18-200mm lens...

I didn't take the iphone, cuz i've seen pictures of the third generation iphone online... So next gen will be available around july...

I didn't take the canon G10 because i still have the G9, and the differences are pretty small... Was hoping they upgraded the focus a little better on the G10, and the lens... Maybe when the G11 comes out LOL

cheers verybody and thanks for the help

T

thc4sim

Go with the G10!,
i bought the G9 & 2 days later they released the G10!!
i was gutted.., but im more than happy with my G9

LOL i did not read to the end! stoners eh!

:icon_cookie:

Top Bottom