what should i pay my greenhorn helper kid.???

• Thread starter zoeronerer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zoeronerer

hi everyone took a little one under my wing this year ..

percentage wise what do you feel is fair for someone who has zero expierience , put very little cost wise into the grow ....and worked on a marginal level.

i want to be fair and i also want to be fair to myself .

i will be honest there wer some work related issues as far as motivation . and the attitude at times was not there .

im using this to gage his pay and to make sure he dosent throw a shit fit ... friends in humby said 10% max what do you think ? i know many others would offer nothing but i would like to hear what u guys charge for imparting knowledge on a young jedi.

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

hey zoe , nice to help out the misguided

if it was me maybe not give him a percent the first couple rounds especially if he isnt self motivated and hard working..think of it as an internship of sorts and the more he learns and the more reliable he becomes the more percent he gets..but maybe pay him a flat sum regardless of what you pull....i would be happy getting a couple grand a month if im working full time in a greenhouse ,its better than any other job...however i would tread lightly because when money is brought in the picture things get strange he might see all you can get and feel he deserves more than he does then you get things like resentment and such...this career isn't one that you can just succeed at if your lazy and you should show him this by making him earn his stripes before he gets any percentage......but then again i work alone so take it with a grain of salt

joeca1i

joeca1i

So your saying, you had some dumbass,help you with your grow.Not a good move on your part.Hopefully you know the guy,and he's not a snitch,or a thief,drug addict,etc.

Venom818

Venom818

hi everyone took a little one under my wing this year ..

percentage wise what do you feel is fair for someone who has zero expierience , put very little cost wise into the grow ....and worked on a marginal level.

i want to be fair and i also want to be fair to myself .

i will be honest there wer some work related issues as far as motivation . and the attitude at times was not there .

im using this to gage his pay and to make sure he dosent throw a shit fit ... friends in humby said 10% max what do you think ? i know many others would offer nothing but i would like to hear what u guys charge for imparting knowledge on a young jedi.

I think i depends on your skills 2

O

Oregonic

And this right here is why my wife is learning how to clone, trim, water, ect.... and she doesn't even smoke but I know I can trust her, plus she works for cheap ;)

I agree on the flat fee, maybe just get a number in your head and talk to him openly and let him know the deal.... work your ass off next year and you'll see your share increase!

Z

zoeronerer

So your saying, you had some dumbass,help you with your grow.Not a good move on your part.Hopefully you know the guy,and he's not a snitch,or a thief,drug addict,etc.

hes fam dude ..............

not the answer im lookin for yo ..i have been in this game since i was 3 years old homey hes just my charge for the summer.

thanks as usual don juan ... thats what i was thinking im just going to pay him a flat rate for the help.... i was trying to gage what i felt was correct .... its not a huge grow this year but more than most make in a years work .. i was prob going to pay him a monthly wage as u suggest but thats about spot on with a small percentage .... i was thinking the same thing but we are not making it to a second phase.

i have ran huge crews with 20 people blindfolded and stuffed in a van ...

but this kid is fam so i have to be fair .. i posted this for him to read when he has trouble with it ... peoples opinions are valued as long as they are constructive ..

in the last few years i have worked alone as well ..

number one rule in the game no partners ..

sometimes u have to give someone a little direction in life .

Z

zoeronerer

I think i depends on your skills 2

i get 5800 for my og in hollyweird when im in cali ..

i planted my first pot seed at 3 ................

im 33 years steeped in game ........

if your from dego or laguna u know my name ..

my head is so big it floats around the room ....

so yeah skills are there yo

Tripsick

Tripsick

I'm guessing 50% as most people feel entitled to that much.

depending on what he helped produce and then no more than 10%
risk - reward + time

Z

zoeronerer

I'm guessing 50% as most people feel entitled to that much.

depending on what he helped produce and then no more than 10%
risk - reward + time

10% in nor cal was a high as i have ever heard ..

thanks guys .. i figure this may help some other people as well because many people are goin for it this year ..

helps to get a consensus idea of a going rate for worker bees ...............

Z

zoeronerer

10bucks per oz should be fair...

yup i have heard this rate as well jaws .... if u do no manicure thats what i have seen in mendo a couple times .. prices are going low this year anywho ...

Tripsick

Tripsick

In Colorado i think they want that to be the average rate for most things related to mmj.

10.00 per hour.. i guess it beats working at wal-mart

G

Green Supreme

20 bucks an hour till he is skilled labor, then consider a percentage. If he works hard he still does well. Peace GS

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
What was the understanding going into the season? Was there any kind of understanding either stated or implied? Also what exactly did he do? Dig holes, fill pots, cut clones water???? How old is the kid. If he is under 16 he gets fed scraps like a camp dog. LOL!

Just shooting from the hip with this. If you had 50 nice plants and he really helped and earned it give him 5 plants. Average worker 3 plants. Unmotivated but still was some help 2 plants. Total waste but you never fired him then he still gets 1 plant. Unless he wants money and not weed.

southstreets

southstreets

i had to tell a fam member to kick rocks... wasnt hackin it.. sometimes thats what kids neeed bro.. showem u dont needem as much as they think... on a side note... i give a straight pound per grow.. of some top grade... but since my fam couldnt cut it its gettin cut n half and my greenhorn who said hed do it for nothin will prob get a little more than half... just for bein motivated and him bein on top of everything from trimming herb to sprayin down plants to goin through evry plant and takin out all the caterpillars he could find...

E

edux10

if they are learning from you maybe kick a few oz but they should really want to work for free. especally if you are a pro. If it was you and you buddy then split it more like 50/50 but if you got your thing going on and he comes around to help you out for a round he should want to work for free and maybe some smoke. depends if you harvested 1 pound or 100 pounds. I say 10% is a lot even tho, if he didnt invest anything into it except his time, and you were there too investing your time.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Where I am from, a family member not doing well with a family enterprise amounts to an arse kicking at worse to being sent away and not used anymore.

Depends on the kind of figure. Greenhorns dont get much. I would start off offering a salary with bonus (5% I would start at) potential based on the quality of work done during the grow and after final sale. I would have the salary be decent but not luxury like for him as you want them to "need" that money at the end to keep them focused on the prize.

If they do well help him expand to his own operation or take him more on as a partner over time if applicable. Many ways to work out compensation.

Sounds like you are more than experienced so I would do your best to keep him learning and perhaps give him some "project" plants or something so he can learn different aspect of the plant. Such as learning different training techniques and the like. I would evaluate how he does with that before getting to excited about his future though.

Let him prove himself and earn the right to be part of the garden. Just because he is family I would not let it trump common sense when selecting people. Typically in my experience, family can be some of the first to take advantage. My best advice, have him understand boundaries and enforce them when applicable.

Just my 2cents and it was brought to you by Hericules!

Top Bottom