What should outdoor defoliation look like?

• Thread starter dame.grows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dame.grows

dame.grows

I’m in Northern California and arrived at my grow to see my partner had done some defoliation work on one of the plants. We’re both fairly new to growing but to me his work seemed to have been a bit too much. What do you guys think? How should defoliation be done outdoor? Any tips and tricks would be appreciated!
What should outdoor defoliation look like
What should outdoor defoliation look like 2
What should outdoor defoliation look like 3
What should outdoor defoliation look like 4

Sag3

Sag3

Haha in my opinion that's not enough!
I have over 1300 plants and we do this technique called lollipopping, look into it.
It seems like your partner was kinda going for that, but didn't go all the way .

Anyways looks good, you want to clean up the bottoms as much as possible, as well as all the little inside branches that aren't gonna amount to anything.

We usually strip our plants bare after they stretch in flower, and within a week they are leafed back out .

They can handle harsh defoliation and when it comes to when your plant is in bloom , this technique will product the biggest buds as light is able to penetrate each and every part of the plant with ease.

dame.grows

dame.grows

Haha in my opinion that's not enough!
I have over 1300 plants and we do this technique called lollipopping, look into it.
It seems like your partner was kinda going for that, but didn't go all the way .

Anyways looks good, you want to clean up the bottoms as much as possible, as well as all the little inside branches that aren't gonna amount to anything.

We usually strip our plants bare after they stretch in flower, and within a week they are leafed back out .

They can handle harsh defoliation and when it comes to when your plant is in bloom , this technique will product the biggest buds as light is able to penetrate each and every part of the plant with ease.
Awesome thank you!! Is there a certain point into flowering where you want to stop defoliation altogether?

Sag3

Sag3

Awesome thank you!! Is there a certain point into flowering where you want to stop defoliation altogether?
At about 4 weeks you should have enough leaves off that your plants are nice and open for light penetration .
At this point they won't be focusing on growing leaves either so you won't have to defoliate anymore.and just reap the rewards !

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I wouldn't lollipop outdoor plants, the whole point of that is because indoor lighting diminishes exponentially when distance is doubled from the source. Outdoors the light from the sun is equal intensity from top to bottom of plants. What your partner did wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't defoliate more from the bottoms, I would focus on the inner parts of the plant so you don't have leaves on top of leaves that are transpiring on themselves which can be a recipe for mold, mildew and fungus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom