What size A/c for new room??

• Thread starter REGISTRD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

REGISTRD

Been looking for a BTU calculator for lighting with no luck..
I remember coming across a couple links in the past that calculate how many BTU's youll need for So many lights and just cant find anything like it anywhere anymore...
Anyone have any links??
Either way were planning on running only 6 1ks in this new room and am trying to figure out if a 25k btu split ac is going to be sufficient?

*perfect room*

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Been looking for a BTU calculator for lighting with no luck..
I remember coming across a couple links in the past that calculate how many BTU's youll need for So many lights and just cant find anything like it anywhere anymore...
Anyone have any links??
Either way were planning on running only 6 1ks in this new room and am trying to figure out if a 25k btu split ac is going to be sufficient?

*perfect room*
Ya its 2or3 thousand BTU per 1000 watts if I remember correctly, I run 7 open hoods in my room and I have a 25000 BTU split a/c, and it cools them very well.....GM

H

headband707

It's 5000BTU's for 1100sq ft when you call the A/C ppl they will tell you it's on the machine peace out Headband707

R

REGISTRD

Ya its 2or3 thousand BTU per 1000 watts if I remember correctly, I run 7 open hoods in my room and I have a 25000 BTU split a/c, and it cools them very well.....GM

Sweet... Exactly what i want to hear!!

So im guessing your in a sealed room with Non-air cooled hoods?
If thats the case what unit you running? Ive got fujitsu in a couple of other locations but found a great deal on a mitsubishi mrslim. just not sure the reliability on it..
Im thinking the fujitsu 24CL? should run 6 open hooods??

S

S4v

I believe 1kw bulbs put out 3412 Btu of heat (not counting the heat from the ballast). Our rule of thumb is 4000 btu per light. Right now i have a 3 ton (36000 BTU) 'house' ac cooling 10k w/ ballasts in the grow rooms. Slightly less than what i would prefer but after making some modifications to the rooms i'm keeping my girls at 75 degrees ;)

R

REGISTRD

6x4k is 24kbtu.. Looks like itll work!!

anyone have any experience with the MR slim units?

S

satindica

I tell you guys one thing about A/C units, check reviews online before you buy them. I have a 400 dollar dead whirlpool thru wall unit, and all reviews on it were negative, I should have known, I bought it from best buy for 399.99, and got a $200 giftcard with purchase.

Now I am mid-grow in a sealed room setup pondering how the hell I am going to complete this grow.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
24 k btu would work are you going to air cool the hoods?

R

REGISTRD

24 k btu would work are you going to air cool the hoods?

No.. None of our rooms have air cooled lighting.
Just open hoods with no glass..
I hate putting holes in the room know that ive gone sealed. the only hole is the DOOR..lol..

T

the Rock

6x4k is 24kbtu.. Looks like itll work!!

anyone have any experience with the MR slim units?

yeah they are one of the best- i have installed a few of these for friends who are growing.I would oversize it 1/2 ton at least so its not working as hard(these put off ALOT of condensation).If you dont have anywhere for it to drain you will need a pump to get it outside or into a drain.are you gonna install it yourself?

R

REGISTRD

yeah they are one of the best- i have installed a few of these for friends who are growing.I would oversize it 1/2 ton at least so its not working as hard(these put off ALOT of condensation).If you dont have anywhere for it to drain you will need a pump to get it outside or into a drain.are you gonna install it yourself?

Ya were contractors by trade..
we run a drain line right to a 55 gal drum and reuse the water its barely 15ppm..

Everyone I found this link am really contemplating it help me out FARMERS...
http://paylessminisplit.com/24000

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I have always ran Trane and Carrier units but thats a pretty good price...JACK

R

Rolln J

ya know thats seems like a great deal for the BTU - its at least a toshiba compressor...

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

I'm running 3 amcorair 12k I picked up last year for 700 each included free shipping. I'm mostly happy with amcor although It'd be nice to set day and night temperature separately from each other. welp! using a little remote control twice a day for the flip can get old real fast;) I called amcor last week to see if I could get a standard thermostat hooked up to it and they said it couldn't be done. bleh... So I asked the guy what spit I should look at in the future. He said fujitsu is the best because they build it from the bottom up.... Where as the other guys just coble together different parts from other manufactures. Then he said mitsubishi used to be that way... don't know if that helps you out... just passing it along.

R

REGISTRD

Went ahead and went with a fujitsu so just we could run a wired thermostat.. Got a 30clx for 2500 with line sets/pad,thermostat, and cables...I figured the extra 1500 is a definte peice of mind knowing itll last a few years...

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Sweet... Exactly what i want to hear!!

So im guessing your in a sealed room with Non-air cooled hoods?
If thats the case what unit you running? Ive got fujitsu in a couple of other locations but found a great deal on a mitsubishi mrslim. just not sure the reliability on it..
Im thinking the fujitsu 24CL? should run 6 open hooods??
No im not in a sealed room, I pull in fresh air from outside, and I dont have a split unit, (my dumb ass) I have a 25000 btu window A/C unit, and I cut the factory thermostat off of it and hooked up a household thermostat to it and it works way better, more efficient, and keeps the room cool enough even in the 100+ summers we have............GM

Latest posts

Top Bottom