what size exh. fan and best fan ??

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfarmer

I have a grow room which is about 1000 cubic ft. so what sized fan should I be looking at? Anybody know which brands are the better fans? From what I have read Farmers are buying an inline fan which has a higher capacity than they need and using a fan speed controler to dial the rpm down which makes the fan run quieter while moving enough air.
Thanks for any help

R

Rolln J

exchange your air once every three minutes for maximum smell control - so you minimum would be a 340 or so - but like you said go bigger and get a speed control - also give you latitude to control the temp if you live where the temps change from season to season.

B

budfarmer

Thanks Rollin J, these guys say this blower is good for only 2000 watts of lighting and of course as usual in this game only adds confusion () At the peak of farming season I would have a Max of 4000 watts of lighting.

R

Rolln J

honestly if you plan on running 4 x 1000 id go with an 8 inch - something around 600 cfm - and youll need another strong fan to vent your lights...

B

BayAreasFinest

rollin j what do u mean when u say vent your lights? you mean like cool em?

R

Rolln J

yup - running $x1000 in a small area like you have will build up a lot of heat - get vented hoods and try and place your ballasts outside the room if you can...

B

BayAreasFinest

ok thats what i thought u meant i was pretty medicated earlier. will 737cfm work in a 12x12x8 with 4 1000watts.

R

Rolln J

thats 1152 sq feet - and you want to exchange air minimum once every 3 minutes - so yeah that will do it every 2- so you will be fine.

you will want a fan = to that to run your air cooled lights.

pork

pork

good rule of thumb is to try and get 150cfm per 1000w light. If you can do that, then you're probably good on hood ventilation

D

danko

i like the eco plus 8" fan....it pulls 740cfm and is not that expensive. i just grabbed one on ebay for $175

Top Bottom