What size intake fan do i need??

• Thread starter Floodster31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Floodster31

Floodster31

What size intake fan would people recommend for a 3x3x6 grow tent. i have a 6inch inline fan with my carbon filter fitted and docking taking air out the tent. but have no intake yet. many thanks

dred

dred

I use a 4inch intake on my 3x3 and 6 inch exhaust I don’t filter though

logdog

logdog

If your environment is fairly stable passive intake is usually sufficient in my experience, I run a 5x5x8 tent and usually get by fine with a 6 inch passive duct in extremely hot weather I will tape this duct to a portable ac if I need extra cooling but rarely do. It really depends on the room your set up in, if you need active intake a 4 inch would work I would guess.
good luck with your grow.

Floodster31

Floodster31

If your environment is fairly stable passive intake is usually sufficient in my experience, I run a 5x5x8 tent and usually get by fine with a 6 inch passive duct in extremely hot weather I will tape this duct to a portable ac if I need extra cooling but rarely do. It really depends on the room your set up in, if you need active intake a 4 inch would work I would guess.
good luck with your grow.
Ok thanks

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

+1 passive.. I've used my intake fan probably 5 times in 5 years if that, not even sure where it is anymore, probably up in the closet

Floodster31

Floodster31

+1 passive.. I've used my intake fan probably 5 times in 5 years if that, not even sure where it is anymore, probably up in the closet
Ok thanks for the help looks like I will be better off without 1

dred

dred

Ok thanks for the help looks like I will be better off without 1
Depends on your environment I always use one for a couple of reasons
it is impossible to keep light out of my grow room and with passive intakes open
lots of light gets in
during flower when the plants get bigger my tents humidity goes 60% and above
I have an unfinished side I pump cooler less humid air into tent using intake fan

everyone’s environment is different an intake fan solved a couple of my problems
for $100

chemistry

chemistry

If you have a twin input fan controller, you can set both fans to equalise your inner tent pressure, but you'll need two fans the same output, or the lower powered fan will have to work harder to keep up with the higher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom