What size pots do you use for outdoor?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
If using fabric or regular pots for your outdoor grow which size do you use? I got some 25 gallon fabric pots for free and I’m using a bail of promix to divide up between 4x 25 gallon fabric pots. Got the outdoor patch almost complete!! I planted my two smallest today they are both the same strain (Blue hash by dinafem) but check out the different phenotypes. One has major side branching and one does not. I topped the bushier one and I’m leaving the other one untrained for this outdoor grow.
What size pots do you use for outdoor
What size pots do you use for outdoor 2
What size pots do you use for outdoor 3
What size pots do you use for outdoor 4

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I haven't grown outdoors in about 5 years, but if in containers, the bigger the better — especially if you live in warm climates.

A black, 5 gallon container can get very hot in the sun all day. I'd say 25 gallons is a good size. I always preferred to put them in the ground, with enhanced soil.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

If using fabric or regular pots for your outdoor grow which size do you use? I got some 25 gallon fabric pots for free and I’m using a bail of promix to divide up between 4x 25 gallon fabric pots. Got the outdoor patch almost complete!! I planted my two smallest today they are both the same strain (Blue hash by dinafem) but check out the different phenotypes. One has major side branching and one does not. I topped the bushier one and I’m leaving the other one untrained for this outdoor grow.View attachment 1133285View attachment 1133286View attachment 1133287View attachment 1133288
If you want monsters, 200 gallon smart pots

SmallGuy

SmallGuy

If using fabric or regular pots for your outdoor grow which size do you use? I got some 25 gallon fabric pots for free and I’m using a bail of promix to divide up between 4x 25 gallon fabric pots. Got the outdoor patch almost complete!! I planted my two smallest today they are both the same strain (Blue hash by dinafem) but check out the different phenotypes. One has major side branching and one does not. I topped the bushier one and I’m leaving the other one untrained for this outdoor grow.View attachment 1133285View attachment 1133286View attachment 1133287View attachment 1133288
It depends. Do you know the strains and when to expect them to be ready. If your are outside and you are concerned about late fall weather and if so do you feel you may have to move them. In my case, I use 10 gal fabric pots so I can easily move them and I personally don't want monster size plants that are going to give me cramps trimming them. So really how much weed do you want, pounds or ounces. Growing three Alcapulco Golds this year in my 10 gallon pots should provide me with enough for me and mine until next season as we go thru about an oz a month at my homestead. With the three I should get an easy 12 oz and not have to screw with the popcorns.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm an outdoor grower, I used to use large pots with great success. But I Changed to 1/2 a Blue plastic drum, each 1/2 is 27.5 gallon.
If you want big plants you need big pots!
I quit growing big plants last year in pots. This year in the 1/2 drums I'm growing "MONSTERS" that dwarf the plants in this picture. These plants got 7 L of rain water each a day this time last year. This years plants are are much bigger, averaging 21 L of rain water each a day. There are 4, it was 90 deg F today with a 10 mph wind. I also top dressed with 3" of wood chips this year otherwise they would require a lot more water. I guess it just depends how much you need to get ya threw the winter.
Mybluedream

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

It really depends on how much nug you can sanely trim at the end of the season.

I built a couple 100gal raised boxes out of undressed hemlock three years ago and couldn’t be happier.

My old 35 gal fabric pots produced an elbow of top shelf reliably with little maintenance. I got sick of larf so my lollipopping game got better/more aggressive every year.

Top Bottom