What strain is good for Anxiety?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

I have a patient that has a lot of anxiety, I am on the hunt for a good strain that can help her. She is not a smoker, so chances are it will be in the form of med-ables.. If you have any good options I would love to hear about them.

Thanks.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I like something that isn't as potent as OG Kush for pure anxiety relief. To me the ones that provide this relief are always the ones that have that "feel good" high and make it easy to talk to strangers or be in public. The kushes or those types make me wanna stay at home, but stuff like Salmon Creek Big Bud or Green Crack, Golden Goat they seem to provide me with big time anxiety relief as I'm an anxious granny when it comes to my anxiety. There are a plethora of other kinds that provide this but those 3 I have a ton of experience with and can say they work for me. Stay away from Bubba Kush or the like, imo. Cherry Ak is good and mellow, Jillybean seems to be too, the softer smokes that are easy on the throat are something these all have in common too(just dawned on me as typing...).

johnursery

johnursery

strawberry cough, burmese, bubblegum, blueberry, are a few strains that work good and the genes are easy to get ahold of

vaporedout

vaporedout

romulan is good, my wife is stuck on grape ape right now. white rhino is another she had benefits from.

ask your patient if sativas cause her anxiety, my wife needs to stick to indicas strickly based on anxiety.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

I think you may need to ask the patient to describe the anxiety. I run a Durban Poisson that I have to watch if I smoke to much it kind of brings on a panic attack, racing heart shortness of breath and just feeling uneasy. On the other hand my ECSD is a perfect balance for me. One of my favorites to just laugh and chill is a good Afghan Kush ;)

dankworth

dankworth

My chemo x og kush is great for anxiety, as in it does not promote ANY. I do not know if this is primarily due to the chemo or OG genes, I have read that OG genes tend to not promote anxiety.
For reals, I love the total lack of anxiety. Fuck anxiety.

And stay the hell away from Chocolope. Holy shit 2 minutes after I smoked that, every time, I felt like I was in trouble for something. Like that "oh shit" feeling when you were a kid and you were about to get in big trouble.

Got some wifis to fuck with eventually to see about that for anxiety. I have read that the effects, among others, are like a "happy pill". I think I could live with that.

Edit- taking wheat out of my diet among other things helped tremendously with anxiety. That and cardio. Stabilized that stuff neurologically. Have to jog every 2 days to keep the anxiety totally at bay.

dankworth

dankworth

Dude I just now smoked some and I have not a care in the world. I don't give a FUUUUCK. Love that feeling, like everything is going to turn out alright.

We are not engineered from the outset to suffer anxiety. It is a response to something going wrong neurologically due usually to digestive issues/intestinal leakage, which is due to something in the diet that should not be there.

Lots of the food we eat has been genetically modified. A small percentage(but rising) of us have physiologies that are not compatible with these GMO foods, and the ratios and types of proteins presented, etc.

It is work, but elimination diets help a ton with this sort of thing.
Hope this helps someone with anxiety. That stuff will fuck up quality of life.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I use weed for anxiety also. I have only tried a little more than a dozen strains...
But the ones that have worked well for me are Green crack, Jillybean and Blue dream,
I think the Hybrids are the way to go for anxiety .
I smoke My own cross everyday (Bubba kushX Himalayan gold) and it works Great for me :D

The strong OG weed is nice and tasty too.
Great for working...But there is a little jumpyness there for me.

and yeah thanks Dankworth...i will not be trying chocolope ;)

johnursery

johnursery

I hear you there cgk, ive been using mine daily too (SS x SMCG) supergold or necktie is what its been called so far works great for my anxiety from PTSD, and ive grown that him gold too, that also worked very well for me lol ive been admiring that bubba gold you made

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I hear you there cgk, ive been using mine daily too (SS x SMCG) supergold or necktie is what its been called so far works great for my anxiety from PTSD, and ive grown that him gold too, that also worked very well for me lol ive been admiring that bubba gold you made
Superskunk X Colombian Gold?..Thats sounds Awesome...We just may have to do some seed swapin some day. :)

KAL EL

KAL EL

Not sure if you can find it, but Blue Thunder by Reeferman is an excellent strain for anti anxiety.

S

SoloSour

my wife suffers from severe anxiety.the worst panic attacks I have ever seen,one minute she is fine we will just be sitting around doing nothing.next minute shes through the roof.

im going to be breeding a strain to treat her anxiety,but to also send them in to certain places as freebies for people.
i want to start with a heavy indica because shes always had good luck with those.

gage greens grapestomper,or grapestomper hybrids like sunmaiden have done the trick for her.
i also think stuff like djs bluberry,would be beneficial to her as well.

i dig this thread,its given me a few ideas already!
thanks for putting it up.

does anyone have experience with high cbds?im wondering if a high thc//high cbd strain would work well because the cbd would kind of counteract certain parts of the experience when smoking high thc strains,like the paranoia.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Thanks guys, I do have OGK, Strawberry Cough and Green Crack in my line up right now. Like I said the only way she would even try any strain would be in Medibles.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I think different strains effect different people in different ways. However, for myself, Forbidden Fruit is the best medicine I have found so far. I have PTSD and anxiety is a major symptom I have to deal with on a daily basis. Forbidden Fruit is the best overall strain for me. Some strains I have found will actually increase anxiety and do not help at all. I would just start trying different strains until you find one that works best for your patient. Everybody is different.

Top Bottom