What the best colloidal silver to make fem seeds

• Thread starter Ganjadad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Hey farmers,
This will be my first attempt at making my own seeds. I’m about a month I will be putting 1 DoSiDo #33 and 1 biscotti mintz in my 2x2x3 tent both fem photos and both from Barney’s farm. I’m going to spray colloidal silver on the biscotti and pollinate the other and itself. My first question is will this be crossing the strains and my second question is will this make fem seeds for both plants and third question is what is the best colloidal silver to use to make fems. I hope someone can help me with the questions bc I don’t want to screw this up. Thanks in advance ✌🏼

josefrahl

josefrahl

I researched the spray a bit a few months ago by going to sites like ILGM, RQS, GWE, ect.. The brand that was recommended by the most sites was Trace Minerals Research. I plan on making seeds in the spring so I haven't tried it yet though. While I haven't made seeds yet, as I understand it they will be fem with no actual male genetics being used in the breeding. As for the x question... I imagine some of the Biscotti genes will be picked up, but not sure how much. Hopefully, someone else can help clarify that. Like @Trustfall or @Poekie

I know Poekie uses a different type of silver to reverse his donor plant, and said he gets better results than with colloidal, but I can't remember the name.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I researched the spray a bit a few months ago by going to sites like ILGM, RQS, GWE, ect.. The brand that was recommended by the most sites was Trace Minerals Research. I plan on making seeds in the spring so I haven't tried it yet though. While I haven't made seeds yet, as I understand it they will be fem with no actual male genetics being used in the breeding. As for the x question... I imagine some of the Biscotti genes will be picked up, but not sure how much. Hopefully, someone else can help clarify that. Like @Trustfall or @Poekie

I know Poekie uses a different type of silver to reverse his donor plant, and said he gets better results than with colloidal, but I can't remember the name.
Awesome thank you for that info. I’m gonna look into that trace minerals brand. Yeah I hope someone can help more. Thank you again 🙏

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter

Hi yep indeed i use STS, a mix from colloidal silver and sodium thiosulfate.
I buy both separate and mix myself, never bought any pre mixed.

I think its more effective and gives quicker results than colloidal silver only.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I think its more effective and gives quicker results than colloidal silver only.
Awesome. Thank you for this info. It’s a big help. I will be looking into this. So if my biscotti pollinates the DoSiDo is that considered crossing strains and will it be stable?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

here's a nice article on the topic:

if you plan to spray colloidal silver twice a day for two weeks you usually need colloidal silver 20 to 25 ppm in concentration.

- yes this will be crossing the strain for biscotti and dosidos.
- dosidos will be selfed S1 i do recommend to pollinate a clone not the plant you used the colloidal silver on.
- you should obtain 99,9% fem seeds

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Awesome. Thank you for this info. It’s a big help. I will be looking into this. So if my biscotti pollinates the DoSiDo is that considered crossing strains and will it be stable?
Yes it will be a cross, but its impossible to say the outcome, mainly depends on which one is dominant.
It will be a F1 cross, for a real stable cross you would need to continue crossing until F4 or F5.
F1 can be pretty stable if the parents were stable, i've made a few from which i was surprised that the F1 cross hardly gave any variation in phenotypes.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

if you plan to spray colloidal silver twice a day for two weeks you usually need colloidal silver 20 to 25 ppm in concentration.

- dosidos will be selfed S1 i do recommend to pollinate a clone not the plant you used the colloidal silver on.
This is the exact information I’ve been waiting to hear. Thank you 🙏 why pollinate a clone instead of the plant?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Yes it will be a cross, but its impossible to say the outcome, mainly depends on which one is dominant.
It will be a F1 cross, for a real stable cross you would need to continue crossing until F4 or F5.
F1 can be pretty stable if the parents were stable, i've made a few from which i was surprised that the F1 cross hardly gave any variation in phenotypes.
This is great info thank you so much. How do I keep crossing it? Do keep pollen from the original biscotti and pollinate the F1 seeds. Or spray the colloidal silver mix on the F1 seeds and make her self pollinate again? Thank you again, really big help

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

This is the exact information I’ve been waiting to hear. Thank you 🙏 why pollinate a clone instead of the plant?
because it's easier to manipulate a full female plant than a hermie. only a recommendation not an obligation tho'.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Thank you for this article, really big help

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
This is great info thank you so much. How do I keep crossing it? Do keep pollen from the original biscotti and pollinate the F1 seeds. Or spray the colloidal silver mix on the F1 seeds and make her self pollinate again? Thank you again, really big help
To keep crossing next generations i prefer regular seeds, not feminized.

I would first try the new F1 to see how you like her.

Long time pollen storing in freezer is always a good option if you really like that particular plant.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

To keep crossing next generations i prefer regular seeds, not feminized.

I would first try the new F1 to see how you like her.

Long time pollen storing in freezer is always a good option if you really like that particular plant.
Awesome, thank you again for all the help Poekie

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

because it's easier to manipulate a full female plant than a hermie. only a recommendation not an obligation tho'.
Another question, would I be able to spray a branch from the pollinator, cover the branch, collect the pollen and let her finish flowering out to see if it’s a hermi instead of waiting a taking a clone? And vice versa, apply pollen on a branch or two on the other plant, cover branch and let her finish flowering out to see if she is a hermi too?

Madmax

Madmax

I used elite x elite on my clones.one spray, it was put straight into flower room then in 14 days time put the clones in there you want to pollenate..by day 14 reversal plant was recovering from the treatment as it does knock them about..at day 26 i had sacs everywhere lol..elite x elite works brilliantly and you dont use much of it at all..it is fool proof..

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I used elite x elite on my clones.one spray it was put straight into flower room then in 14 days time put the clones you want to pollenate..by day 14 reversal plant was recovering from the treatment as it does knock them about..at day 26 i had sacs everywhere lol..elite x elite works brilliantly and you dont se much of it at all..it is fool proof..
Interesting I’ll definitely have to check that out. Thanks Max!

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Hey Poekie, I found this article describing the benefits of STS over CS and how to make a basic STS spray. Do you think this is a good mix to start from?

Top Bottom