What the f is this plants problem ?!

• Thread starter GeorginaGilbert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

Hi

FTG

So quick backstory - almost killed all my girls with blood fish and bone nutrient burn oops - 1 died, 2 recovered and this one looks like this. Any ideas on what to do with it. I’ve included a pic of the other plant I tied down at the same time to give a idea on how sick it is. I’m close to chopping it down and starting again with autos and taking it as a learning curve. Any ideas helpful thanks :)

plants outside as the landlord decided the house needs a rewire 🙄🙄
Planted in coco

What the f is this plants problem
What the f is this plants problem 2
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
It's a leaner, with some potassium issues, (low by the looks of it) that's for sure. Phosphate (bones, blood) really tends to accumulate and difficult to leach out of the soil, I would do as suggested above and give a massive flush, then reset. More N next time around. Kelp is a great amendment in this regard. Try to keep it at around NPK of 4:1:1 ratio for the time being, until the flip.

Frego

Frego

It's a leaner, with some potassium issues, (low by the looks of it) that's for sure. Phosphate really tends to accumulate and difficult to leach out of the soil, I would do as suggested above and give a massive flush, then reset.
Why would you say potassium issues?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Why would you say potassium issues?
I would say that because looking at the brown along the leaf margins, plus the excess stretch, thin spindly shoots. Could be high, or low, but most likely a combination of the being pushed out by the abundant phosphate.

It's an educated guess, nothing more.

Frego

Frego

I would say that because looking at the brown along the leaf margins. Could be high, or low, but most likely a combination of the being pushed out by the abundant phosphate.
Thanks trying to learn

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

It's a leaner, with some potassium issues, (low by the looks of it) that's for sure. Phosphate (bones, blood) really tends to accumulate and difficult to leach out of the soil, I would do as suggested above and give a massive flush, then reset. More N next time around. Kelp is a great amendment in this regard. Try to keep it at around NPK of 4:1:1 ratio for the time being, until the flip.
Cheers pal - so do you think it’s worth carrying this one on? Would this be why new growth is dying? It kinda shrivels up. It’s just not growing bigger new growth at all.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Cheers pal - so do you think it’s worth carrying this one on? Would this be why new growth is dying? It kinda shrivels up. It’s just not growing bigger new growth at all.
It's a judgement call, but sure, why not, especially if you have the room and not one to take it's place, should still produce something of quality if you can turn the boat around. It's got established roots in the ground, so if you can stimulate that, then it should recoup in fairly short order.

Edit: A good solid dose of microbes, fungi/bacteria might really be the thing that will help gain the upper hand. After a good flush.

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

It's a judgement call, but sure, why not, especially if you have the room and not one to take it's place, should still produce something of quality if you can turn the boat around. It's got established roots in the ground, so if you can stimulate that, then it should recoup in fairly short order.

Edit: A good solid dose of microbes, fungi/bacteria might really be the thing that will help gain the upper hand. After a good flush.if your

Edit: A good solid dose of microbes, fungi/bacteria might really be the thing that will help gain the upper hand. After a good flush.
Are you uk mate? Do you have a product you would recommend as I don’t have a clue what a good dose of microbes looks like 🤣 sorry proper new to this! I feel like the plant itself really wants to live. So give it a good flush once? Or a few times? Thank you so much!

Top Bottom