What the F is this?

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

weedgirl

I just harvested and am trimming like crazy. I found some white stuff on some of the leaves near the buds (not the trichones). It's like some white powder. I am afraid It could be some fungus?

Any help would be much appreciated?

P1010740.JPG

P1010739.JPG

P1010736.JPG

P1010735.JPG

W

weedgirl

I was thinking (edited) it could be leftover pesticides. What do I do if it's mold? Do I have to ditch the whole harvest?

C

critical

i duno powdery meldew maybe? or like u said some kind of fungus or mold, its not natural though i know that so i would just chop it off a lil bit further around the infected area to try n make sure it all gets removed n smoke whats left of the juicy bud if it was me

C

critical

o look lol as i was writing my post a few others beat me to it, this farm is full of good peeps see

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Most def pm, powdery mildew
Just the beginning too, watch your dry room temps
And rh levels, get em to high and it's just gonna get worse all over your buds
Trim as much off as you can

It's all good tho could have been much worse
Learn from this, watch you rh levels, get some
Sprays for pm to add to your regimen calendar
Maybe get a sulfur burner?

Good luck

cannabeans

cannabeans

looks like PM and that shit is nasty. i would be very careful about using your meds. PM cant have an adverse effect on people.

i would start cleaning up your rooms with a sanatizing solution. you will also need to increase air flow around your plants and keep the humidity and temp down. if you read up there are many post on PM and it has been refered to as "the plague" for good reason. if left unchecked it will ruin your entire crop time and time again.

there are plenty of products that will help, but the only thing that "worked" for me was a sulphur burner. i used the burner heavy during the veg cycle to ensure there was no chance of it getting ahold of the plant. like i had mentioned before, extensive cleaning will be due, because there are spores everywhere by now. good luck

hope this helps.

S

SSHZ

I mean if you did not nothing, it would get worse and continue to spread........

W

weedgirl

Thank's DrCALIGREENTHUM and cannabeans and friends :)

What does "just at the beginning" mean and how poisonous is this?

My "problem" is that i got around 1½ - 2 Kilos (assumed dry weight, it's still wet) and there is quite allot of this stuff on some of them. To go thew all the buds and cut all this mildew away would be a huge task (I could do it tho) and I would almost surely not get all of it, and I am thinking maybe there could be something inside that I can't see. I did split open a few buds, but did not see anything on the inside)

I was planning to sell some and keep some for myself, but I don't wanna sell anything that is not perfect and I don't wanna smoke something that is bad for me.

I am considering if I should just turn the whole batch in to ice hash and be done with it.

I really really appreciate all the help.

GodZsoN

GodZsoN

Dont cry, its part of growing.. let it dry a little and get a few air duster cans and blast that shit off.. PM is some nasty stuff.. If you make it into hash its not going to go away.. Good Luck and dont let this stop you from growing..

Peace,
GodZsoN

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
let it dry a little and get a few air duster cans and blast that shit off.

I don't recommend this if it is for medical patients, or any person you are friends with.

Tank333

Tank333

would it still be usable if it were made into some bho? That's what I've been told is the only thing you can do with mouldy buds...

GodZsoN

GodZsoN

I don't recommend this if it is for medical patients, or any person you are friends with.

Yea I understand, heard it can cause bad respiratory infection.. judging by the statement of Kilos. I dont believe that she is in the US.. So med patient gets thrown out the window.. Stuff comes off like dust once in its dry so wear a mask.. and clean the shit out of ur room before going for another grow.. But you can get most of it off.. Who wants to throw 2-4 pounds away.. I tell you one thing.. I do not miss Hydro..

S

SSHZ

If I see it during the drying period, I raise the temps and try to dry it all quickly. A food dehydrator might help to finish it off quick. It's often deep in the buds but I'd expect a good portion will need to be thrown out. People with immunity or lung issues have to be extra careful......

hiboy

hiboy

Bro just say its super crystally bud. JK, toss the mold, it attracts to leaves, so mow em off and see whats left.
h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom