What The Hell Am I Making??? New Guy Bho Question!

• Thread starter fitski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fitski

Hi!
My brother and I, both medical cannabis patients, have been making BHO oil for a few years now and today I learned we are making Decarboxylated BHO!! I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if we are going the wrong route with the processing after extracting? Are we losing a large percentage of thc and weight by doing this??

We extract to a Pyrex dish that is sitting in another larger Pyrex dish with very warm water, not boiling but really close to it maybe 70 - 85 Celsius... after extracting we swtich out the water with warmer water that the Pyrex dish with the extracted BHO is sitting in. As the butane boils off the reaction slow down and it forms larger clear bubbles.

At that point we pour it into a little mason open top mason jar. and then we put this jar between 2 electric burners on a glass top stove on a low - med setting. This is enough to bubble of any excess butante, and I am sure a whole lot of other things! What comes out is a very amber honey like oil that is very potent to everyone that has smoked it. I have also eaten 1/2 gram to gram before going to slept and still felt high when I woke up the next morning. There is no taste of butane whatsoever when dabbing or eating it. We usually end up

So after all that rambling I was wondering if anyone though that was a totally incorrect way of producing oil? I am assuming we are losing THC content and weight?? Should we be doing something else that would get a much better result? Thank you for reading my long winded question! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hi!
My brother and I, both medical cannabis patients, have been making BHO oil for a few years now and today I learned we are making Decarboxylated BHO!! I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if we are going the wrong route with the processing after extracting? Are we losing a large percentage of thc and weight by doing this??

We extract to a Pyrex dish that is sitting in another larger Pyrex dish with very warm water, not boiling but really close to it maybe 70 - 85 Celsius... after extracting we swtich out the water with warmer water that the Pyrex dish with the extracted BHO is sitting in. As the butane boils off the reaction slow down and it forms larger clear bubbles.

At that point we pour it into a little mason open top mason jar. and then we put this jar between 2 electric burners on a glass top stove on a low - med setting. This is enough to bubble of any excess butante, and I am sure a whole lot of other things! What comes out is a very amber honey like oil that is very potent to everyone that has smoked it. I have also eaten 1/2 gram to gram before going to slept and still felt high when I woke up the next morning. There is no taste of butane whatsoever when dabbing or eating it. We usually end up

So after all that rambling I was wondering if anyone though that was a totally incorrect way of producing oil? I am assuming we are losing THC content and weight?? Should we be doing something else that would get a much better result? Thank you for reading my long winded question! any help would be greatly appreciated!
It sounds pretty standard. As long as the BHO doesnt smoke from heat dont worry about it.

You are losing Terpenes but not THC.

Top Bottom