What the hell is this?

• Thread starter Ogbagunky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ogbagunky

Ogbagunky

I was told this is light doing this. Only grow it’s ever happened in. Water pH is at 6.2, EC is at 2.2. Feeding Jacks Nutrients 321 mix. Mixing correctly with no other additives. I have never changed the lights,so I’m just not sure it’s that. Par is reading at 350 in veg and 500 in flower. I’ve looked some things up saying it’s cal,mag,and potassium deficiency,not light burn. Or it’s one making the other susceptible to it. All new fan leaves are skinny as all hell and some new saplings are starting to lose color. Also seems like there’s very little root structure,like they are all very thin and flimsy down low. Gonna try to add the supplemental calmag and some extra potassium and see. All else has failed. I also switched to Vic to see if that works. Here’s some pics...

What the hell is this
What the hell is this 2
What the hell is this 3
What the hell is this 4
What the hell is this 5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's a rootzone issue. Unless your spraying them.

Ph, watering, quite possibly bugs, nutrient ratios, lockout from overfeeding etc.

Have some details on the grow?

Temp?
Humidity?
Watering practices?
Nutrient and additives?
How exactly are you mix them?
Source water ppm?

Lighting and distance? Lux or par if you can.

Ogbagunky

Ogbagunky

That's a rootzone issue. Unless your spraying them.

Ph, watering, quite possibly bugs, nutrient ratios, lockout from overfeeding etc.

Have some details on the grow?

Temp?
Humidity?
Watering practices?
Nutrient and additives?
How exactly are you mix them?
Source water ppm?

Lighting and distance? Lux or par if you can.

Temp is 70s
Rh is 50%
Watering when dry
Only Jacks 321 mix rn
Hand mixed and properly checked EC with a Hanna instruments meter
Source water at under 52 ppm
Lighting with 2 lights totaling 550w in veg room and 3 lights at 1350w from @budgetledgrowlights (sounds shitty but they’re not)
Veg ppfd is 350 and bloom at 500.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
As in overwatering?
yes i can see the effects of it
As in overwatering?
id say 90% chance, i see signs of it here and there, but i kinda feel maybe the start of pest? than i thought i seen a spot of mildew but i don’t think it is?
you should see to rule out pest or mildew.
did you recently transplant?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'm guessing that you are growing in soil because of the the PH valve of the water, I'm not sure about soil but in Coco 2.2 EC is up at the high end and needs to be monitored to avoid nute lock out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agree with @JSH1973 2.2ec is burning the plants. And if soil the root zone ec could be higher. I prefer to feed half that amount or less but with most every watering.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I'm guessing that you are growing in soil because of the the PH valve of the water, I'm not sure about soil but in Coco 2.2 EC is up at the high end and needs to be monitored to avoid nute lock out.
Is around 1.6 ec good for coco?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Is around 1.6 ec good for coco?
Depends on the plants but 1.6 should be fine mostly, I do go up to 2.4 myself but I will monitor the run off daily and drop nutes a little when run off get within 500 ec of the feeding and/or give them extra bit of water and extra run off if I suspect that things have gotten a little to hot.

Ogbagunky

Ogbagunky

Another grower that’s killing me in the game is running same EC with coco. Going by the Kootmeds schedule 2.2 is right on. So this isn’t cal mag deficiency or potassium deficiency? Or root aphids?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

EC will be impacted by alot of things.... don't follow someone else's other than just a guide and go by your plants.

Make sure the plants are off the floor. 1.6 EC under most conditions without co2 should be plenty.

How are you checking if the soil is dry?

Back the light off until they get healthy... driving a plant hard while having issues is only going to make the issue worse.

Make sure they get good airflow.

Try to get your temps up to 80ish.

Water first thing after light on to allow the plants to uptake some before lights out so they don't sit in cold soggy media.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Another grower that’s killing me in the game is running same EC with coco. Going by the Kootmeds schedule 2.2 is right on. So this isn’t cal mag deficiency or potassium deficiency? Or root aphids?
Well it very well still could be :-)
I only advised based on the little information given, I'm up at 2.4 at times

Latest posts

Top Bottom