What the hells going on?

• Thread starter Koutz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Koutz

Koutz

So I’m into day 24 of my cabinet grow of gorilla glue and ak47.

some information:

temps: 72-76 F
Humid: 52-55%

Soil: root farm hydro potting soil
Real Organic worm castings
Mix: 70/30

nutrients: rootfarm base and Bloom

last nute feed was 5 days ago
Last fresh water feed was 2 days ago (watered till drained from bottom)

Just switched to 18/6 two days ago from straight 24

My gorilla glue is doing amazing besides some rust spots of leaves that I’m hopefully going to take care of with some cal-mag.

My ak-47 on the other hand just doesn’t look good and I can’t figure it out.

Last three pictures are of the ak47

any opinions would be greatly appreciated

What the hells going on
What the hells going on 2
What the hells going on 3
What the hells going on 4
What the hells going on 5
mancorn

mancorn

Does is always look like this, or just at end of day? Could be light stress is she looks good in the morning. 24 schedule could have been too much. And you're white tips on the top leaves suggest light burn.

visajoe1

visajoe1

What size is the pots? They look over-watered to me. Even though root farm markets that soil as "hydro" its still soil. Be sure the pots are dry before watering. Lift them if you arent sure, or wait until the plant wilts a little if you really have no idea. That wont hurt anything. Over-watering will though

Koutz

Koutz

Just checked, they draw 116W each. 230W is a good number for your space for sure!!!

I agree. My new problem as of about ten minutes ago is my temps are down to 68F. I’ve already insulated the cabinet as it’s in my basement.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
I agree. My new problem as of about ten minutes ago is my temps are down to 68F. I’ve already insulated the cabinet as it’s in my basement.

Temps can be rough with LED. you have 46W per square foot, which is EXCELLENT 👍I keep heat mats under my tents and lower my exhaust cfm, plus use only passive intake. Definitely helps raise temps.

Koutz

Koutz

Temps can be rough with LED. you have 46W per square foot, which is EXCELLENT 👍I keep heat mats under my tents and lower my exhaust cfm, plus use only passive intake. Definitely helps raise temps.

Good to know my lights are more than adequate. I was originally going to buy one 1000w. Tomorrow I’ll be picking up a heatpad.

Koutz

Koutz

What size is the pots? They look over-watered to me. Even though root farm markets that soil as "hydro" its still soil. Be sure the pots are dry before watering. Lift them if you arent sure, or wait until the plant wilts a little if you really have no idea. That wont hurt anything. Over-watering will though
Pots are 5gal. Do they both look overwatered to you? To me only the one plant looks like it’s suffering. And when I have been watering I have been lifting them to see their weight.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Pots are 5gal. Do they both look overwatered to you? To me only the one plant looks like it’s suffering. And when I have been watering I have been lifting them to see their weight.
Thats a large pot still for girls that size, it should take close to a week to thoroughly dry them out considering your low temps and low wattage. They dont drink much because they arent working that hard. 3g is plenty for a cabinet grow like this; next time. The pot should feel light as if there is no soil in it, not just lighter than the day before.

Koutz

Koutz

Thats a large pot still for girls that size, it should take close to a week to thoroughly dry them out considering your low temps and low wattage. They dont drink much because they arent working that hard. 3g is plenty for a cabinet grow like this; next time. The pot should feel light as if there is no soil in it, not just lighter than the day before.

thanks for the reply. Definitely going to run 3gals next grow. And I’ll be sure to make sure the pots are light as hell before next water

growsince79

growsince79

thanks for the reply. Definitely going to run 3gals next grow. And I’ll be sure to make sure the pots are light as hell before next water
5 gal. pot, depending on your mix, needs 1.5- 2 gals each watering. Water to runoff and let it dry until it loses 12-16 Lbs.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Good to know my lights are more than adequate. I was originally going to buy one 1000w. Tomorrow I’ll be picking up a heatpad.

Right on!!! You may or may not want to get a thermostat/rheostat for the heating pad. Not super expensive and can be used to heat and cool simultaneously. My basement is 65F at all times so I'm lucky in the sense that I can just leave mine on 24/7 and floor temps are a steady 75-80. I also have a piece of cardboard placed in between the mat and the plants themselves. This helps evenly distribute the heat and prevent hotspots.

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom