What To Cut When Using Jack's And Moab?

• Thread starter Piggiesmalls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Piggiesmalls

Piggiesmalls

So like the title says I use Jack's and I want to add some MOAB at week 6. The instructions on MOAB say that I might need to cut back on base nutes to 50%. I would assume that you would at least want to cut back on things that have P&K, in my case the Hydro and bloom booster, but do I want to cut everything back by 50%? I have read a bunch of thread talking about both MOAB and Jack's but no one has specifically said what they cut when they add MOAB?
At week six I am using(grams per gallon):
3g Jack's Hydro
1.8g Cal-Nit
1g Epsom Salts
.4g Jack's Bloom Booster
.1g MOST

xavier7995

xavier7995

Hey...just wanted to clarify...I didn't mean to use the same amount of moab as the current one by weight. All nutes are different, so use at the recommended rate. Moab was really concentrated IIRC, so don't burn your plants by over application.

Piggiesmalls

Piggiesmalls

I think I get what you're saying. Cut my the bloom and base, then adjust the cal-nit to 2/3 of the base, and add the 1-2 tsp of MOAB for every 5 gallons or w/e it is. My biggest question was really what do I do with the cal-nit, mag and MOST.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I've cut the calnit by 20% and added mkp (which is basically Moab) @ 0.5g/gal, and kept the base and Epsom the same. No jacks bloom, no most.

Works well, ime.

Piggiesmalls

Piggiesmalls

I've cut the calnit by 20% and added mkp (which is basically Moab) @ 0.5g/gal, and kept the base and Epsom the same. No jacks bloom, no most.

Works well, ime.

So why'd you cut the cal-nit? I thought the whole point of cutting back on nutes was to not give too much P&K. Or is it more about keeping the EC down?

xavier7995

xavier7995

You want to adjust the amount of calnit and mag in proportion to how much you drop the base. The proportion of those to each other is what's important. So if you drop the base from 3g down to 2g, that's 33% or so; so you would need 1.188g of calnit and .66 of mag, based on what you are using currently.

*that proportion comment is something I just ballpark, there's wiggle room there for personal preference.

Some folks drop adding cal and mag towards the end of the grow. up to you, I didn't notice much difference vs keeping them going till I cut out all nutes a week or so before harvest to flush.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

So why'd you cut the cal-nit? I thought the whole point of cutting back on nutes was to not give too much P&K. Or is it more about keeping the EC down?

More about keeping the ec down. Also, no need for as much N late in flower as early on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom