What to do about WPM attack?

• Thread starter Downhomedude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Downhomedude

Downhomedude

So I started seeing WPM on a few fan leaves of my latest 3 plant crop which I quickly removed.

Now as I am close to harvest I am seeing WPM on quite a few sugar leaves going into the buds.

I am getting used to the fact that the crop is trash.

Will my entire setup (tent, fans, lights, etc) now need to be replaced?
The tent is pretty old, so I could use a new one; I am not sure however to clean the lights etc.

Help a growmie out! TIA

Observationist

Observationist

Milk/peroxide/dish soap diluted with water mixtures/combinations can kill the mold.

Some Outside growers bud wash with a peroxide/water mix but I’m not going into that…..that’s a fucking pain in the ass.

But yeah let’s see these babies

My 2c

Downhomedude

Downhomedude

Thanks for the replies.

It isn't much but I'd rather not spend a few hundred dollars to keep the dream alive.

I am increasing airflow with a 4" 195 cfm fan and filter next grow. Summer rh drops. First time I've had problems tbh. I've been active since legalized in CA.

20220506 131302
Observationist

Observationist

I say milk/water or peroxide/water possibly mixed with milk as well would be the easiest simplest cheapest thing you can immediately try

But someone else here probably has better ideas.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Prevention:
Air flow
RH control
Cleanliness, both tent and yourself when working on them. If you work outside, grab a lab coat or something that stays near the tent and is clean. Use gloves if you got them.
Keep pets out
Sterilize everything between grows

Once you harvest, clean the crap out of the tent with a spray bottle and clean rag. Clorox spray, H2O2 spray, even ISO Alcohol - whatever is handy. Same with pots, tools, water receptacles, everything. Clean it once and then maintain it. Don't introduce any more and control the RH and problem will resolve itself.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well if it is 60% now and you have it either you have weak genetics or it’s too high.

Fans do not reduce rh unless they are moving moist air out and sucking dry in. But they can help reduce the micro climate of wet air around a respiring plant.

You really want both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom