What to do in heavy rain

• Thread starter Carty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Carty

Hey all.

I am somewhat of a beginner. I have grown and harvested about 4 plants and after a bit of advice.
My current plant is about 2-3 weeks off harvest(I think) and we have had about 2 weeks of consistent rain and heavy. The forecast looks like it will be raining for the next week.
Can I bring it inside and finish it off.Or should I leave under cover still outside?
My usuall process for drying is to hang it for seven days in the dark, then trimming and placing it in glass jars with moisture sachets. Thanks in advance for any advice

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

oz?

anyway, you could leave it under cover outdoors or bring 'em indoors. just make sure you don't give it any light during the night. they look well protected from the harsher outdoor elements.

yeah, keep an eye for bud rot, even bugs, etc. but your plants look fine there.

i reckon its more than 3 weeks, and i would be tempted to defoliate a little, but what would i know, it's your plants.

you're gettting anxious.

Last edited:
C

Carty

Yeh in Oz. I have just moved them under the patio. Yes abit anxious. I lost my last one to mould. Maybe I’ll leave it outside undercover and hope for the best. Cheers for the tip I will trim some leaves.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Yeh in Oz. I have just moved them under the patio. Yes abit anxious. I lost my last one to mould. Maybe I’ll leave it outside undercover and hope for the best. Cheers for the tip I will trim some leaves.

yeah, move them undercover or even indoors if the weather gets wild.

ok, now i understand where your anxiety came from. you could even defoliate it a little, it allows more sunlight onto budding areas and also allows better airflow, combating bud rot. otherwise, do what you've been doing, it's going good.

always monitor & inspect. and be patient.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Whenever taking a plant indoors that has lived outdoors, you are probably going to bring pests inside. That might not matter if you don't have anything growing indoors.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Whenever taking a plant indoors that has lived outdoors, you are probably going to bring pests inside. That might not matter if you don't have anything growing indoors.

yes, it's always some trade-off.

here, it's been raining for the last 13 days, and forecasted to rain for at least another week. plants are fully budding, close to her harvest. it's a delicate equation, approaching autumn with its unsettled weather. grower concern about over-watering and bud rot. wild winds could do further damage. so, move the plants under cover.

mysticepipedon reminds us all - yes, there is this risk of transferring nasties.

C

Carty

I’m not really familiar with growing indoors. I have a light. Do I need to put it in a tent/cupboard or could I just stick it in the garage and hang a light over the top of it. At night it would be in complete darkness, during the day it would be a little light in there as well as the light I’ve got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom