repot or not ????

• repot to 11ltr pots and do 4

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • dont repot and do 6 in 6.5 ltr pots

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
U

ukcheesehead

atm the psychosis and psychoberry are in 6.5 ltr sq pots .
with loads of roots popping out the bottom .
the plants stand at 23"24" tall . last time the psychosis streched x2 . if i do repot i will have to bin 1 of each strain for more room in the tent.

with 4 plants it will be easyer to lst and control the strech (i hope ) ... what do you guys think i should do ????

today is day 1 12/12 i flipped the light last night so realy if i do repot i wana do it tomorrow ......

when u do the poll plz leave a message why

steveedg

steveedg

repot and do the 4 m8, especially if it will fill your tent

F

FastForward

I'd leave them as they are....repotting now could only make things worse with more root growth, whereas if you keep a smaller pot it's more likely to restrict the growth....that's my thinking anyhow. Train 'em, supercrop 'em, tie those bitches down....or even try a late stage semi-scrog?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
FF is very right, but I would actually give a repot.

Mainly because I always believe in less is more. I just feel, from reviewing your shots, that youll have 4 far happier and easier to manage plants then you would 6. Even perhaps taking 2 plants out and not repotting could actually yeild you more than leaving the 6 over vegged plants to full fruition.

I would def thinking about netting it up to scrog and maximize all those flower sites.

U

ukcheesehead

as im on day 1 12/12 say i got rid of 2 and repotted the other 4 into 11ltr pots then put in my budbox scrog new how long would u think i should train for ? last time the strech lasted just over 4 weeks so if i trained for 3 weeks job should be a good 1 ???but is i scrog i will have to move tent as its close to a wall . lst would be a better for me .

U

ukcheesehead

herbie do u think the 6.5 pots would be ok if i only do 4 ? when they get rootbound do u think it will give me a lower yeild ?

U

ukcheesehead

right ... ive giving a psychosis and a psychoberry plant too a mate off the farm as hes got room in his new flowering tent

im going to lst the other 4 in my tent . but still not sure if i will repot

N

Nuglover

Cramped roots make for unhappy girls. I've always went by...1gal/vertical foot of plant growth. 24in plant in at least 2 gal. I would personally put 'em in 3gals at least.

U

ukcheesehead

just went to repot 4 of the grl as ive gave 2 away and guess what .... not enoght coco to repot the 4 ffs lol . cant get any till tuesday .. but loads more room now .

C

coldnorth

hehe lol that must be so annoying, hope it works out for ya cheesehead :)

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
IMO, I would only keep them in the small pots if you can feed them perhaps a couple of times a day, say on a dripper system of somekind. I have some plants in 3.7 lt pots, coco but on constant feed (coarse coco) and they look to be yielding as much if not more than the plants in larger pots and being fed every other day.

Infact, I am loving the yield and size of the plants and small amount of medium so much, that I am going to run a table of smaller pots now. Saves so much ball ache.

And on stretch and scrog. I would prob scrog or lst till day 14 really. Any longer than that then you may end up with smaller yeilds, but youll know the time. Somewhen between 14-21 anyway on the psycho.

U

ukcheesehead

IMO, I would only keep them in the small pots if you can feed them perhaps a couple of times a day, say on a dripper system of somekind. I have some plants in 3.7 lt pots, coco but on constant feed (coarse coco) and they look to be yielding as much if not more than the plants in larger pots and being fed every other day.

Infact, I am loving the yield and size of the plants and small amount of medium so much, that I am going to run a table of smaller pots now. Saves so much ball ache.

And on stretch and scrog. I would prob scrog or lst till day 14 really. Any longer than that then you may end up with smaller yeilds, but youll know the time. Somewhen between 14-21 anyway on the psycho.

ta herbie... will stay in the 6.5 pots and ill fire up the topspin in a week and water 3 times aday like it did the last grow ...

Top Bottom