What to do... Seeking advice.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So, I planted up some clones tonight, watered them in, and then realized one of my wifes cigarettes somehow landed in the res Sunday night.

My concern is TMV transmission. Scrap them and start over?

Dammit.. I know what I should do but jebus I've been getting a lot of setbacks lately...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Has there even been definitive results that the virus infects cannabis? And can it be transmitted from the dried and now burned tobacco?

Still. Eww. And i smoke. Lol.

I would be more worried about the filter.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Has there even been definitive results that the virus infects cannabis? And can it be transmitted from the dried and now burned tobacco?

Still. Eww. And i smoke. Lol.

I would be more worried about the filter.

It was a full unsmoked cigarette. And yeah it's a super persistent virus, it can infect cannabis and can stay viable for 50 years even in a dead host. A friend of mine lost an 80 light crop to TMV from one of his workers, they even did a Lab assay to determine what it was.
From what I understand about 50% of cigarettes have viable TMV in them.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thankfully I've still got some real healthy plants to take more cuts off.. but jeez I'm already 3 weeks behind, and now this adds another 2 weeks..
I'm just so sick of bad news and dumb shit happening.. I really need to catch a break.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Afaik there has not been a confirmed case of tmv. Lots of talk about it but I haven't found one yet. Personally I wouldn't think twice about it but if it was confirmed I would appreciate if you could try to get some info from him on it or a lab report. I'm a skeptic but if it's confirmed I would really like to see a definitive report. I'm pretty sure it would be a first and that would be huge to have that info.

BigCube

BigCube

Afaik there has not been a confirmed case of tmv. Lots of talk about it but I haven't found one yet. Personally I wouldn't think twice about it but if it was confirmed I would appreciate if you could try to get some info from him on it or a lab report. I'm a skeptic but if it's confirmed I would really like to see a definitive report. I'm pretty sure it would be a first and that would be huge to have that info.

Yeah, it would be nice to know definitively. I knew a guy who blamed smoked cigarettes killing
His crop. But he also thinks lizard people are real, so I wouldn't put much stock in to that claim lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, it would be nice to know definitively. I knew a guy who blamed smoked cigarettes killing
His crop. But he also thinks lizard people are real, so I wouldn't put much stock in to that claim lol.
I have learned science and info changes over the years. I don't discount anything unless it's proven false and I don't accept anything that isn't prove true. There is a good case to made that tmv can affect cannabis. It's just missing confirmation afaik. If we can get that then I'm sold that it is a concern.

On the lizard people thing.. im with ya but who knows. I'm a true skeptic. That includes religion, ghosts etc etc. Unless there is scientific proof I just have a hard time accepting things.

Let me tell ya it makes life hard for my family and friends and I try to keep my opinions to myself most times.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

arrrrrrhhhahahhah are you guys kidding me,oh shit im rolling,for as long as i been alive ive heard every damn excuse about cig's and there harm but yet we all go and crank that car up and roll on,hahahah cig's cause this or that,billions of dollars spent to prove all kind of shit,then we light up a joint ,smoke in lungs be just that no matter what plant or form,gotta give you this,it was a great way to start the day and laughter right out of bed makes a beautiful day,thanks for the great day lmao,let me leave with this,now that most states are legal for the mighty weed,now all you all can defend what we smokers have for years,so enjoy the back porch folks,free america ya right when city's tell ya were you can smoke at outdoor parks and such,you cant smoke a cig but you can sure enough buy and drink all the beer and wine you can hold and then go get in that car get on that phone roll down the road and kill someones awesome child ,go to jail bail out 2 hrs later ,then go to court and in your defense my mama and daddy never taught me that and get off scott free,ya freedom,one thing for sure about serving your country is the light that snaps on when the first zing flys right by your head,freedom ya boy direct order go in there clear that house,yes sir you reply and then walk into a massacre,ya freedom,gets worse from there ,you come back home and find that it really was better over there,you took orders but one thing in common was we all were the same,then you have folks that come to you and thank you for your service to this country,shit on me,i volunteered to do what i did and what shames me most is coming home with open eyes to see what i gave freedom too,,,,,,,,,, over it now all good thanks for the laugh

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

arrrrrrhhhahahhah are you guys kidding me,oh shit im rolling,for as long as i been alive ive heard every damn excuse about cig's and there harm but yet we all go and crank that car up and roll on,hahahah cig's cause this or that,billions of dollars spent to prove all kind of shit,then we light up a joint ,smoke in lungs be just that no matter what plant or form,gotta give you this,it was a great way to start the day and laughter right out of bed makes a beautiful day,thanks for the great day lmao,let me leave with this,now that most states are legal for the mighty weed,now all you all can defend what we smokers have for years,so enjoy the back porch folks,free america ya right when city's tell ya were you can smoke at outdoor parks and such,you cant smoke a cig but you can sure enough buy and drink all the beer and wine you can hold and then go get in that car get on that phone roll down the road and kill someones awesome child ,go to jail bail out 2 hrs later ,then go to court and in your defense my mama and daddy never taught me that and get off scott free,ya freedom,one thing for sure about serving your country is the light that snaps on when the first zing flys right by your head,freedom ya boy direct order go in there clear that house,yes sir you reply and then walk into a massacre,ya freedom,gets worse from there ,you come back home and find that it really was better over there,you took orders but one thing in common was we all were the same,then you have folks that come to you and thank you for your service to this country,shit on me,i volunteered to do what i did and what shames me most is coming home with open eyes to see what i gave freedom too,,,,,,,,,, over it now all good thanks for the laugh
Lol I know the persecution all to well. Been a smoking since 12yrs of age 😔. I almost can't light up anywhere without that look of your a disgusting person. I will smoke till the day I die because I enjoy it even if it kills me. I know sounds stupid but I'm a stubborn soul. I won't get to political with it but this world has shifted it's views to the extreme on almost every aspect of life.

Just to add tmv is not harmful to people afaik

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Lol I know the persecution all to well. Been a smoking since 12yrs of age 😔. I almost can't light up anywhere without that look of your a disgusting person. I will smoke till the day I die because I enjoy it even if it kills me. I know sounds stupid but I'm a stubborn soul. I won't get to political with it but this world has shifted it's views to the extreme on almost every aspect of life.

Just to add tmv is not harmful to people afaik
about 10 yrs ago,i was a one them quick lubes that done state inspections,that have a little waiting room there crowded as hell,i dont do crowds very well,so im out leaning against the building ,wind blowing about 10 to 15 mph,im standing there waiting my turn for inspection smoking a cig,about half way into it this old man and his wife come outside to get away from crowd too,the old bastard says you need to put that cig out,i ignored him and glance at the wife told me it wasnt going to stop with the old gizzer ,she kinda just sunk back behind him like she was a slave and old times of kids and wives dont speek to they are told to ,so the old man said i told you to put that cig out,i didnt say nothing,just took my ball cap and twisted it around were the bill was on the back side,went right to his nose with mine,said put it out for me,he jumped back cussing and hollering,owner of bussiness calls the cops all this time im steady in his face,im done with my cig but never let up on his ass,cop gets there,they go to wife first,then they go to the man,so i hear the cop say were do you even get off trying to tell anyone what they can do or say,the old man said back in the day my mama and daddy were slaves,about that time cop says that was them and this is you if you havent figured it out your old world is long gone,im really surprised that man didnt break your jar and i suggest you cant your way of thinking and get with todays issues and now you can leave as in right now,im like wow ,cop comes to me and says sir problem is solved and thank you for your service,how the hell he knew my demons i dont know,thing is this if you worried about a smoke or drink killing you might should look right out your kitchen window to the chaos this world provides or look in the mirror on you car and watch how much folks really care for life,my nose stays on my face and no one else,and you damn sure better be looking in them mirrors for some idiot that tries to out run cops in pursuit they will run you down and no one pays for that but you,hahahahhah life is so grand,you think you have it bad,go outside the borders of the good ole land of the free and see what the world really is,do enough of it and you be a hermit like me hahahh ever seen a group of 10 to 20 kids trying to kill each other for a empty MRE package thrown to the ground,just like a pit match for dogs,that will change anyone with a heart mind about what they do have

Latest posts

Top Bottom