What to do with a high starting EC?

• Thread starter Zakattack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zakattack

Zakattack

I have something weird happening where once I put my water through my ro system it still has the same ec as before it goes through (usually around 0.25) . Calibrated my ec meter and it still gives the same measurements.
So I’ve learnt to accept this , But my question is when it comes to adding nutes. Do I factor this In And take my starting Ec as 0.25 or should I start at zero and add my nutes to my desired ec level ? And then my second question is, if I go over the recommended strength By the starting Ec amount (0.25), would it cause nutrient burn or are the elements in What’s causing the starting Ec to be high not something that would aid in nutrient burn ?

RGconsulting

RGconsulting

your RO system isn't working
0.25 isn't hard, its perfect to use with hard water nutrients (common nutrients )
just add 1.0ms of nutrients over this base and you're good
it is just 0.25mS of calcium/magnesium carbonate and other traces, won't hurt at all

Terpz719

Terpz719

I concur about you RO system not working. As a point of reference my input water is about 300 ppm and post RO it is 4.

Yes factor in your water's EC when figuring nutes mixes. Nute EC = Desired EC - Water EC, e.g. you want to feed the plants 500 ppm and your water is 125ppm. Add in 375 of nutrients.

Regardless of your water's EC, feeding your plants too much at any stage will harm them.

Zakattack

Zakattack

I concur about you RO system not working. As a point of reference my input water is about 300 ppm and post RO it is 4.

Yes factor in your water's EC when figuring nutes mixes. Nute EC = Desired EC - Water EC, e.g. you want to feed the plants 500 ppm and your water is 125ppm. Add in 375 of nutrients.

Regardless of your water's EC, feeding your plants too much at any stage will harm them.
Sweet. Yea I got no idea why the system doesn’t drop the ec down. Recently replaced the filters aswell so there’s shouldn’t be any reason. Water tastes so clean and crisp once it’s gone through tho so it’s Defos doing something right. But yea won’t go over the recommended strength then 👌🏼 Thanks

Zakattack

Zakattack

your RO system isn't working
0.25 isn't hard, its perfect to use with hard water nutrients (common nutrients )
just add 1.0ms of nutrients over this base and you're good
it is just 0.25mS of calcium/magnesium carbonate and other traces, won't hurt at all
Yea I figured it isn’t too bad a starting point. Just bummed I miss out on giving the plants that 250 worth of nutes especially going into mid flower cycle now. But I start at 250 go up to 500/550 with calmag and then up to 1800 with greenhousefeeding long flower.

RGconsulting

RGconsulting

Yea I figured it isn’t too bad a starting point. Just bummed I miss out on giving the plants that 250 worth of nutes especially going into mid flower cycle now. But I start at 250 go up to 500/550 with calmag and then up to 1800 with greenhousefeeding long flower.
honestly you don't need this calmag supplement
it will put out of balance your ratio of nutrients

Top Bottom