What to do?

• Thread starter Tomlaforest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tomlaforest

I have a bit of a dilemma and wondering how to proceed. I started two seeds, one is White Widow autoflower and the other is some good bag seed that I've saved. These last pictures are about 25 days of growth. The bag seed plant is showing testicle already and I'm running an 18/6 light cycle. The white widow finishes out 6 more weeks and here is my dilemma. Should I try to pollinate the auto flower and get some seeds that could possibly be some great seeds for future grows and I wonder if they would have the autoflower characteristics about them, or would that be lost? Hmmmm🤔
My weather is acceptable to where I can just put the male outside in a few weeks and call it a decorative plant?
I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are. 😁

What to do
What to do 2
What to do 3
What to do 4
What to do 5
What to do 6
What to do 7
What to do 8
What to do 9
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The progeny of a cross between an autoflower and a photoperiod plant will be a photoperiod plant. Autoflowering is a recessive trait, from what I've heard. The next generation, if you cross two plants from the seeds you produce, will be roughly 3/4 photo and 1/4 auto.

T

Tomlaforest

I figured that was gonna be the case on reproducing autoflower. I'll see how how it goes and make the decision on if I want to produce some possibly good quality seeds 👍

Dothraki

Dothraki

I figured that was gonna be the case on reproducing autoflower. I'll see how how it goes and make the decision on if I want to produce some possibly good quality seeds 👍
Think of it this way...right now you have a male flower you didn’t plan for, already growing with one female the same age, plus you have a bit of an urge to experiment. I’d say go for it and see what happens!!! Growing those unknown seeds out will be fun and exciting as hell. Take the opportunity!

growsince79

growsince79

I played with pollen chucking long enough to know your chances of making quality weed by crossing two random unknown quality plants is very slim. Doesn't mean you can't get lucky though. But you might as well try. You got nothing to lose but time and money.

T

Tomlaforest

So this is the end of week 10 and the seed company states this strain finishes out in 8 weeks. I think k there's a couple more weeks to ripen, trips are barley getting past the clear stage. Anyone familiar with White Widow from Homegrown seeds?

20220202 110755
20220202 110509
20220202 110438
20220202 110413
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You are right, it's not ready. Wait until those white stigmas turn red, then look at trichs.

Top Bottom