What to feed 4wk old seedlings?

• Thread starter Thewho28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thewho28

Thewho28

Hi I’m looking for some advice on what I should fertilize my 4 week old seedlings with. I used myco+ when planting the seeds now I’m ready to transplant into large pots and don’t know what/when to feed them next. My plants are a mix of auto and regular seeds they’ve been outside for almost two weeks(northeast). I’m a newbie not even sure if I’m posting this in the right area of the form but any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

What to feed 4wk old seedlings
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

First thing to do is plant them, it's time.
If your going to grow them outdoors organic. This works great as a starter.

Are you putting them in the ground or in pots.
Home made organic top soil or potting mix.

A lot of guys make feeding overly complicated.
You can go the the hardware store and buy this,.
Transplant your seedlings into anything and water them in with Pro-Mix 5-15-5 then again in a week.
This gets the roots going.

Promix

Then switch to Pro Mix 12-6-6 1/2 strength for 2 weeks then full strength once a week until they are done stretching and begin to flower.

Once you see buds forming mid to late July, Switch back to 5-15-5 once or twice a week until 2 weeks before harvest.
If your growing in soil 1/2 cup of Bone Meal. Dig it in around each plant asap. This takes time to break down. It's extra Calcium and Magnesium for flowering stage.

A 1/2 tsp Cal Mag in a gallon of water once a week is also a good idea no matter what your planting in. entire grow.

If your wanting to grow completely organic outdoors in the ground or pots. Check this out.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

It all depends on what your thinking. Give us a little better idea what you would like to do.
Ron

Thewho28

Thewho28

Oh shoot I knew it was getting close, did I cause any harm? My plan was to pot them all but I may put a few in the ground. I have 20 gallon grow bags and was thinking about using pro mix organic garden soil in those. I’ll feed them with the fertilizer plan that you suggested. Do I use the bone meal for potted plants or just the ones I put in the ground? Thanks for the info!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Bone meal both potted and in the ground. It is for flowering time but takes time to break down.

I mentioned Cal-Mag as well. Start to finish of grow.
Add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Cal-Mag in a gallon of water. Then add the liquid fertilizer to the water mix well. Water your plants with this once or twice a week as needed. Just water the rest of the time.
You can keep any extra in a jug with the lid on until you need it next week.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I have bone meal, gypsum, and epsom salts. I guess I'll mix in small amounts for waterings or every other watering. I don't know if I should add some powdered dolamite lime too......

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The Gypsum is good with the Epsom Salts. Very week solution once or twice a week is all that's needed.
I don't use lime so I can't advise on it..

If you have access to some fresh clean wood ash.

Thewho28

Thewho28

First thing to do is plant them, it's time.
If your going to grow them outdoors organic. This works great as a starter.

Are you putting them in the ground or in pots.
Home made organic top soil or potting mix.

A lot of guys make feeding overly complicated.
You can go the the hardware store and buy this,.
Transplant your seedlings into anything and water them in with Pro-Mix 5-15-5 then again in a week.
This gets the roots going.

View attachment 1986551

Then switch to Pro Mix 12-6-6 1/2 strength for 2 weeks then full strength once a week until they are done stretching and begin to flower.

Once you see buds forming mid to late July, Switch back to 5-15-5 once or twice a week until 2 weeks before harvest.
If your growing in soil 1/2 cup of Bone Meal. Dig it in around each plant asap. This takes time to break down. It's extra Calcium and Magnesium for flowering stage.

A 1/2 tsp Cal Mag in a gallon of water once a week is also a good idea no matter what your planting in. entire grow.

If your wanting to grow completely organic outdoors in the ground or pots. Check this out.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

It all depends on what your thinking. Give us a little better idea what you would like to do.
Ron
Hi so I’m noticing the 2 most bottom leaves of most of my plants are yellowing/dying. They are in good soil and mix(some in containers) and I watered them in with 5-15-5 fertilizer. It’s been rainy and cloudy for 5 days not sure if that’s related. I don’t know if it’s a nutrient deficiency issue or shock from transplant

E6671C94 15EB 40F2 ADC5 5BFAF37508A2
281F003B 0B8F 41DA 8C96 C5D422B33A4B
17D29234 173E 4B63 BE40 5F7D042A333E
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

There is plenty of nitrogen in the 5-15-5 to get your seedlings going. It's just getting settled into it's new home.
Hang in there be patient, give it another week and see how it looks. What's with the spots? This plant is way to young for nutrient deficiency.
Give it a good looking over for bugs or webs.

It would not hurt to give it a spray with insecticidal soap and water. Soak it good top and bottom of leaves just to be on the safe side.
I don't see anything to worry about at all other than the spots. After transplanting sometimes some plants just take a week to 10 days to get it together.

Just relax and let nature take it's course. Her color is good, I don't see any signs of ill health. All of a suden it will just blast off and start growing like crazy. Stick with the plant bud she is ok.
Ron

Thewho28

Thewho28

There is plenty of nitrogen in the 5-15-5 to get your seedlings going. It's just getting settled into it's new home.
Hang in there be patient, give it another week and see how it looks. What's with the spots? This plant is way to young for nutrient
Hang in there be patient, give it another week and see how it looks. What's with the spots? This plant is way to young for nutrient deficiency.
Give it a good looking over for bugs or webs.

It would not hurt to give it a spray with insecticidal soap and water. Soak it good top and bottom of leaves just to be on the safe side.
I don't see anything to worry about at all other than the spots. After transplanting sometimes some plants just take a week to 10 days to get it together.

Just relax and let nature take it's course. Her color is good, I don't see any signs of ill health. All of a suden it will just blast off and start growing like crazy. Stick with the plant bud she is ok.
Ron
I think the spots are from water droplets and tree pollen on the leaves, I don’t see them now they are dry. I hit them with insecticidal soap just to be safe. Lol I’ll try and chill out and let them be! Thanks for the help!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud. I get it. It's hard to just let the plants be plants and let them do there thing. But it's what you need to do right now.
Hows your out door temperature been. If it's still pretty cool at night, that can set them back a bit but I really don't think you have anything to worry about. My Buddha is just coming into it's own and it's been in the ground since may 15. It's been cool and the pots have not warmed up much yet.
Hang in there all will be well.

Thewho28

Thewho28

Hey bud. I get it. It's hard to just let the plants be plants and let them do there thing. But it's what you need to do right now.
Hows your out door temperature been. If it's still pretty cool at night, that can set them back a bit but I really don't think you have anything to worry about. My Buddha is just coming into it's own and it's been in the ground since may 15. It's been cool and the pots have not warmed up much yet.
Hang in there all will be well.
Temps have been pretty mild 60-70 highs and a few dips into upper 30’s not too long ago which they handled very well actually. Ya I bet they’ll take off when it consistently warms up and summer sets in

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I think your good man. Hang in there for now your plant is looking good. As things warm up your plant will get it together k.
Don't over feed it. Just water now until it starts to grow, All of a sudden it will double in size in a week, Then just start feeding it Pro Mix 12-6-6
First time 1/4 tsp in a liter of water.
After 7 days and 14 days 1/2 tsp pr liter of water
7 days later 1 tsp pr liter of water once a week until she begins flowering.

Then switch to Pro Mix 5-15-5 again 2 oz in a 7L watering can for 4 weeks.

Weeks 6 and 7 of flower you can give her Pro Mix 3-6-12 to finish up. 2+ 1/2 oz pr 7L watering can. if you have it.
If you don't have 3-6-12 continue with 5-15-5.
The last 2 weeks before harvest just water.
This is how I have done it for years. Have faith don't push k, everything will be great.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I was looking at your picture. When you water, don't just dribble a little water around the plant. Give the entire pot a good drink a little at a time so the soil can take up the water. Then don't water again until she needs it. Let the top inch of the pot dry out. It could be a week at these temperatures before she needs another watering.

Top Bottom