What to seal drywall with?? Home Depot Products

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bert Gruder

If your planning on painting the interior walls of your grow room, consider adding the Ionic grow additive by Air-ReNu to the paint, accelerates plant growth and purifies the air. The additive eliminates airborne, bacteria, virus and mold spores, that are harmful for your plants.

The Joker

The Joker

Water based O VOC paint is awful. Even if you go with the higher end Benjamin Moore Advance Primers, they just lay on the surface and don't really bond. You have to vacuum the walls before you prime them or it just peels off. The old oil primers would go right through dust and bond, we always vacuumed anyway. I have my sister mail me oil primer from another state to California for my home, since the latex stuff lasts about a year outside in the California sun before it fails. I get 5 years out of the oil primer.

Mylar is a great for creating a place for mold , fungus and bugs to be out of reach. I just use water or oil based stainlok / cover stain every couple of months.

H

heisen

Worse thing in the world for a grow room is hidden cracks and spaces.Thats where moisture develops and turns to mold.White elastomeric with copper is what you want.The higher copper% the better.Dont hang wrap on the walls.It will build moisture behind it and cause mold.Been there done that.
You can get BASE 1 elastomeric and have them tint it bright White will be the best reflective base.They use elastomeric on exterior shaded walls over stucco and it prevents the green mold from growin on exterior walls.It works even better in a grow room over dry wall.Make sure you get the High copper.
Killz is a joke.mold will growon that shit all day.Its good for hiding stains from water damage but if you want maximum reflectivity use the high white elasto.
Also good paint is expensive.Dont skimp on the copper in it.

Top Bottom