What Up My Friends ? Got A Head Full Of Knowledge, Grow Room And Drip Setup For 6. Gold Fish ?

• Thread starter EyesWideShut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
str8smokn

str8smokn

Sea,have you got a thread on your aquaponics set up.?would love to see some pics,not enough peoples into it on here,

Yes please ,I just finished a Koi pond and was interested in how those systems actually work. Do you have to be plumbed into pond or can you just scoop out the water? I might just have to do some research on it cause I know nothing about it.
STR8

keiksweat

keiksweat

Yes please ,I just finished a Koi pond and was interested in how those systems actually work. Do you have to be plumbed into pond or can you just scoop out the water? I might just have to do some research on it cause I know nothing about it.
STR8
Hey str8,I watched a few good vids.one guy has huge pond with loads of different fish and plant life.then he's got. A green house with 2 big flood n drain beds with t5s at the bk for extra light.he pumps the water from the pond,through a filter and into the beds.then drain to pond.he's got it dialed in bro.cant remember the link,but look through you tube.

str8smokn

str8smokn

That sounds cool ,but hard to do in my situation.
So I guess the majority of these are flood/drain type grows.
Still interesting.i will YouTube search it ,thanks.
STR8

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought I had a thread, gimme a minute. I guess not. Hrm. I've got videos.

@str8smokn -- you can drop a pump into the pond and push water up into the beds.

Our system has some plastic dropped over top. We had planned on building a quickie greenhouse over it and then I got sick. We've had some pretty cold weather and my tomatoes and peppers are still cranking out the fruit. I have to add a good bit of Fe, I use a product called CaFeMg from Sensational Solutions. I also use a good bit of Sea-90, and MicroHume. I initially loaded the system up with as much frass as I could muster (I have my own colony of mealworms).

Fe and Ca are the most difficult nutrients to manage so far. I actually expected P to be the most difficult to manage, based on my understanding and knowledge of water quality in relation to fish husbandry.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I thought I had a thread, gimme a minute. I guess not. Hrm. I've got videos.

@str8smokn -- you can drop a pump into the pond and push water up into the beds.

Our system has some plastic dropped over top. We had planned on building a quickie greenhouse over it and then I got sick. We've had some pretty cold weather and my tomatoes and peppers are still cranking out the fruit. I have to add a good bit of Fe, I use a product called CaFeMg from Sensational Solutions. I also use a good bit of Sea-90, and MicroHume. I initially loaded the system up with as much frass as I could muster (I have my own colony of mealworms).

Fe and Ca are the most difficult nutrients to manage so far. I actually expected P to be the most difficult to manage, based on my understanding and knowledge of water quality in relation to fish husbandry.

is that your place sea? Wow its amazing anyway,you should do a thread,even if its food not weed,id be subbed straight away.id love a small scale version in my garden,have to be green house here in uk else nothing would work,not enough peeps doing aquaponics on here,but everyones interested in it.come on sea.start a thread, keiks....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes it is our place, for as long as we can remain. LOTS of people are doing these in greenhouses, and based on Eliot Coleman's work I know that for each layer of protection you are shifting your growing zone close to 500mi south. That puts me, with one layer of plastic, well down into SoCal and you can grow damn near anything down there, as long as it doesn't require a long cold spell.

Swear to God I thought I had a thread, though! If I started a new one, where would I put it? I'm honestly not sure where it should go. Hydroponics? Organic soil? Indoor? Outdoor? Um...

Last edited:
Top Bottom