What went wrong

• Thread starter Jimmy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimmy321

Jimmy321

Need some guidance for future reference.
I am growing Gorilla Glue #4 autos and realized I had planted them in small pots and would need to re-pot. I knew this was frowned upon with autos but had no choice.
The pics show 2 plants: as you can see one of them appears very wispy with long stems while the other shorter one seems to have been stunted a bit but all else looks fine.
Is there any hope for the tall one? We are 7 weeks in

What went wrong
quirk

quirk

Need some guidance for future reference.
I am growing Gorilla Glue #4 autos and realized I had planted them in small pots and would need to re-pot. I knew this was frowned upon with autos but had no choice.
The pics show 2 plants: as you can see one of them appears very wispy with long stems while the other shorter one seems to have been stunted a bit but all else looks fine.
Is there any hope for the tall one? We are 7 weeks in

From what I can tell through my grow glasses, they look fine.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

They don’t care if you shut off the lights for a moment to take a picture. They DO care if they are in flower and you put on the lights during the dark cycle.

DankBuds420

DankBuds420

They don’t care if you shut off the lights for a moment to take a picture. They DO care if they are in flower and you put on the lights during the dark cycle.
sounds good! maybe take look at my plants with those fancy things? haha first time grower here, decided to create an account to get some knoledge

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Not really. In over 20 years of indoor growing I've never seen a minute or two of light cause any issues in the dark cycle. I regularly flip an incandescent bulb on in the dark cycle during flower to see them in normal light or do chores or whatever.
A constant light source in the dark is where the problems lie. But even then, I've grown crops in terribly setup buildings with major light leaks and not had herms result from it. The genetics really have to be prone to herming under stress for it to happen, and the light needs to be constant imho.

Probably no coincidence I really only grow established cuts of proven stable strains from regular seeds. I havent played around with many of the hyperhybridized, feminized strains that are so popular on iG. But when I do, it's only because someone else has already stress tested it before giving me the cut.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

as long as u aren't interfering with current, light cycle, when u take em for a wlak. mind pest exposure. no in n out. that's about a hamburger.

um... appears as if they've just been "watered".

it's a strain thang gg is relatively, new-ish... ur likely, lookin at: see: phenotypes.

i gotta keep it short. sorry.

any help u feel value in, please, pay it fwd. start a journal so that those who follow, may learn... from even a g1, example (first gro)

DankBuds420

DankBuds420

Not really. In over 20 years of indoor growing I've never seen a minute or two of light cause any issues in the dark cycle. I regularly flip an incandescent bulb on in the dark cycle during flower to see them in normal light or do chores or whatever.
A constant light source in the dark is where the problems lie. But even then, I've grown crops in terribly setup buildings with major light leaks and not had herms result from it. The genetics really have to be prone to herming under stress for it to happen, and the light needs to be constant imho.

Probably no coincidence I really only grow established cuts of proven stable strains from regular seeds. I havent played around with many of the hyperhybridized, feminized strains that are so popular on iG. But when I do, it's only because someone else has already stress tested it before giving me the cut.
i really want to grow more of an Brazilian strain next time, tropic type. i have no clue what im growing rn, came out of some pretty dank bad i had.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

dbag has a great point. in eternal darkness, they spend the first 2hrs, transitioning. new tech is able to delete this transaction, however. sunset um... ummm... lightwaves r measured in... um... ummm... frequency? i forget the frequency.

@Moshmen

mass produce an led flashlight, in this frequency so that when g vacuums on the wong circuit, i don't have to sing lullabies, um... during jacked, bud hrs... resetting obsolete timers, with dead, backup batteries.

did my best. I'm out.

one thing, only

this time, it's a person.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

a one time oops, is bound to happen

from time to time

nobody's perfect; just human

i wouldn't make a habit of it

unless u like vegetables

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

sorry. I'm crazy.

um... ummmm... u may also see them play possum, maturation, wise... from the trans shock. u, as u say... knew the job was dangerous, when u took it. don't take it personally, if they don't speak to u for a week. they have other things, on their minds...

roots, for instance...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i know all our tellin ya won't help... we all thought, "well, i can! i can reinvent the wheel!"
do yourself a favor: don't bother cloning. everything you've read, is true. wasted opportunities n questionable, decisions. you're gonna do what ur gonna do. we all had to c for ourselves. regardless, it'll b wasted light, $, resources n light space... on the upside- you'll get some cloning experience... and lost bulk: "opportunity".

life lessons

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

and as u read: what your barenekedladiez r doin, is commonly referred to, as shrugging. women! right?
happens when they're fed, thirsty, flushed... healthy... right b4 bedtime is best, so u have less opportunity, to oops/sunburn.
unhealthy, they shrug, when overdried, overwatered and overflushed.

there IS a point of no return.

urs, is a healthy, shrug.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

see also: surface tension of h2o... u can easily make auto feeders, if u aren't diy impotent; like myself. seen em sold. peeps use water bottles, also, if I'm not mistaken.
i am aero

wicking, is also intriguing

and if u haven't already, cause dirtydirtybag will b grinding his teeth, right now, with curiosity... you'll want to see: fungus gnats

n then, aerate ur soil, with perlite, vermiculite, coco, hydroton, etc... for better, moisture control.

um... marijuana garden saver by j.c. stitch, also available in pdf... worth a gander.

ph measuring tool/s... everything, eventually, breaks... and a tds/ec meter... inoculant and um... calmag...

Last edited:
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

snapz to u for the airpruning, holes.

attaboy, on doin ur homework

Latest posts

Top Bottom