• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Nice..here's one from the 60's!
View attachment 863044
I flew into Barcelona once around 2000 and forgot that I had one in my luggage. I NEVER get checked going thru customs except this time...it was like it had flashing lights and a sign. The agent reached in, grabbed it, asked what it was (it was full of my homegrown). I was taken down into a basement with cut stones...like the Midnight Express movie. I was taken into a small room and thought I was going to be "Interrogated". Instead, there was a triple beam scale, which they measured the contents at 1.6 grams. The supervisor came in, looked at the big haul, and laughed. I didn't know if it was good or bad as they were speaking Spanish. It turns out that this was the agent's first day on the job, and I was his first big bust. They kept the pot, returned the bat/container, and sent me on my way. I scored an Oz of hash off of the cab driver on the way to my hotel!
For some reason, they put the contents into one of those drug testing kits. He crushed the vial, swirled the test, and looked at a bunch of ground up stuff floating around in clear liquid. It didn't show or react to anything. Good luck was with me that day!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I flew into Barcelona once around 2000 and forgot that I had one in my luggage. I NEVER get checked going thru customs except this time...it was like it had flashing lights and a sign. The agent reached in, grabbed it, asked what it was (it was full of my homegrown). I was taken down into a basement with cut stones...like the Midnight Express movie. I was taken into a small room and thought I was going to be "Interrogated". Instead, there was a triple beam scale, which they measured the contents at 1.6 grams. The supervisor came in, looked at the big haul, and laughed. I didn't know if it was good or bad as they were speaking Spanish. It turns out that this was the agent's first day on the job, and I was his first big bust. They kept the pot, returned the bat/container, and sent me on my way. I scored an Oz of hash off of the cab driver on the way to my hotel!
For some reason, they put the contents into one of those drug testing kits. He crushed the vial, swirled the test, and looked at a bunch of ground up stuff floating around in clear liquid. It didn't show or react to anything. Good luck was with me that day!
lol right on!!!!

Imone

Imone

I am started on the grow with some Lebanese and some taskenti hash plants. I wanted to find something with CBD that will grow in Oklahoma weather!

Im not much for white bread and mayo but grow your own or try a good home growers weed and you may be surprised.

Cash cropped dispensary weed sucks for the most part. Grown on a time schedule as first priority. Cut early. Overfed. And dried quickly even tumbled for trichome extraction and then sold as buds anyway.

The dispensaries here were like having a bad black market connection. Get one decent bag and the next three suck.

cruzin

cruzin

this reminds me the old days,brick came from columbia and mexico,when they could get along,lb 250 each,i loved it especialy the creeper weed,reminds me of many ill thoughts and opinons of smoking what is called larf these days,i smoked the shit out of them fan leaves,you had to be there back then,when the hammer fell with nixon,finding weed was almost impossible and i live by the border,ya bad times,me and many friends would smoke seeds to buzz,yep the good ole days,in 70 i was smoking some the best vietnam black you ever could smoke fresh from country,i never was charged for it,i lived in a hippies garage and worked around the house and such,fell in love with growing flowers about 78 is when shit went dry,from 10 bucks a bag to 35 and that was brick

Tell ya what I miss that old brown seedy pot, most of it. Loved it. and I had lots of that nam pot too. I Bought and half full shopping bag of tia weed 15 bucks and carton of cigarettes .

CardinalPuff

CardinalPuff

I remember the Thai-stick dipped in opium, well...that’s what everyone said it was anyway....when I joined the army in ‘76 I sold my car for a hundred bucks and two small jars of hash oil. Potent stuff that hash oil was. Couldn’t finish it all before I had to report for duty, ended up giving one of the jars to a friend.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Ok, i remember this stuff that was black and sticky stuff my friend called Opium, it tasted like soap when we smoked it, we smoked anything we could get out hands on.....
I never felt a high from the soap bubble stuff.....
I wondered what that stuff was.....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
We used to make our own opium when I lived in Surrey BC. There is a massive Indian population in south surrey and everyone has poppies in their yard. We used to cook the pods in water with citric acid and slowly evap the water to make the crude opium. Shit was awesome, but addictive.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

We used to make our own opium when I lived in Surrey BC. There is a massive Indian population in south surrey and everyone has poppies in their yard. We used to cook the pods in water with citric acid and slowly evap the water to make the crude opium. Shit was awesome, but addictive.
Oh crap, my poppies will be up in the next four weeks

zebrausa

zebrausa

First experince was with Jamaican trip weed. Yes, you tripped. That was in 1970. I bought a matchbox for $5. My fondest memories was buying Red Bud in Virgina /Maryland area in the mid 70's. Damn that was good smoke. Colombian Gold came around the same time. It was a fantastic breed. It tasted simular to Girl Scout Cookies of today. Of course Mexican dirt weed was always available. The mexican weed took over in the eighties because the quality improved so much. In the ninties, California orange hair was popular and sought out.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This may look familiar to some of you old timers..
20190609 102713

This above is the second strongest marijuana I've ever smoked in my life.

I believe it was sold to me as Colombian Gold, circa 1976 and there's the picture of it, from my first apartment on Revere Beach (the first State Beach in the United States)

I also remember the sticky black hash that was actually opium LOL that was around Boston at the end of the 60s around here, maybe the early seventies too, haven't seen it since, and there was some black hash oil in the early to mid 70s that was exceptional as well

By far and away best smoke ever was Panama Red which came around Circa 73, you would literally put the joint out and pull your car over, you had no choice

the second best was that gold in the picture, that jar in the pic was all I kept, sold the rest of the pound or kilo, sorry I did!

I had seeds from both for so long but everything went in the bin when I got married in the mid-90s.

the third-best was maybe a year later, 77 or 78, another gold and then after that it was crap until the mid-80s when I got some real Skunk #1 while traveling the Left Coast, came home and started my first Grow, grew that strain (and many crosses of it) for a decade

the smoke these days, eh just my opinion, but I'm not so impressed. I'm also not interested in a debate over how much "stronger" it is now (fake news?) LMAO

Sorry, but I was there, & if you weren't you don't know. And if you didn't have decent connections back then you don't know, so no point in debating it. Just my opinion, but heres the pictures, so it happened.

Hard to believe all these legitimate cuts are gone, even real skunk #1. I've grown many different breeders so-called Skunk#1 looking for it, first thing I did when I got back into growing a few years ago, it's not around, not even close. Just my .02

20190609 101422
Last edited:
Top Bottom