What would cause this...

• Thread starter AudioWorks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AudioWorks

Sprouted from seed and they all 10 did the same thing. Planted in peat pots with seedling mix and watered with RO. Have grown from bag seed for many years, this was my 1st seed buy through the mail.

What would cause this
hubcap

hubcap

how old is the seed stock? you know?
sometimes older seeds take a lil longer to get goin.
let the medium dry a bit before you water, again, as well. sometimes they do that when young and overwatered.

my vote is to hang tight, shell bounce back. imo.

-hubcap-

A

AudioWorks

The seeds, I was told, were fresh seeds. I had just watered before I took this picture, they were a bit on the dry side at the time. Could the seeds been radiated for inspection or something along that line. I've just never had seeds do this. 3 did come back, but they just will not grow. After 4 weeks on 18 hr light they are still only 3 inches tall. They are in a Rainforest 36. RO water, tested today at 1065ppm ph is 6.5 nutrent temp is around 75f. Here a look...

P1020860
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
how far from your light are you? deffinatly could be over water too

A

AudioWorks

For the moment, I am using 2 CF bulbs, 3 to 6 inches from plant tops. In the picture I turned 1 off for a better picture! I rotate these 3 around to see if any change happens. They were about that size 4 weeks ago when I placed them there. I have even fed them extra nutrents from the top for the last 8 days. These were seeds that "flopped over" like the one in the first picture. Maybe there is a genetic flaw in the seeds?...maybe they got too hot? X-rayed by customs...maybe?:420:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i hadnt seen the 2nd pic it wasnt up when i posted. but from the 1st pic to me it looked like over water or lack of light. i was gonna say transplant it an bury it up to after that weak part in the stem. seedlings do not need a ton of food 1000 ppm for a 3 week old seed seems like alot.

hubcap

hubcap

couldnt agree more.
your ppms are too high for a seedling of that age.
7-850ppm might be a better ballpark to back up into....
imo.

-hubcap-

A

AudioWorks

couldnt agree more.
your ppms are too high for a seedling of that age.
7-850ppm might be a better ballpark to back up into....
imo.

-hubcap-

With new nutrent solution I'm at 760ppm ph 5.0. Using MaxiGro from GH. Tried to stay organic with Pure Blend. In the 1st few weeks I had the ppm around 500 and increased the ppm just to try to boost growth. Will see if new food will make them grow.

old.Ford

old.Ford

what would cause this?

audioworks, This same thing happened to 5 of the plants I germed. See the way the one stem turned kind of a wine color? That extended into the leaf vein on one of mine. calciumThe plants I am talking about were not overwatered . Were under 4 lamps ,so plenty of light .All was well. The outcome so far. The discolored plant has gotten bushy and I trimmed the funky leaves with a razor with no bad effect. One other with the discolor is still small. three other of the germinations got stretched to about 3 inches, even with the light close, but look healthy color wise. I did a lot of research on the discolor and it seemed to be too much nitrogen or calcium. I talked to a bunch of people as well , but no real solution. I have hard artesian well water and used good potting soil with advertisement of helps roots get started. I hope this gives you some help. old ford

Latest posts

Top Bottom