What would happen if you smoke buds from the plant early?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I am new to growing and thought that more bud sites was good then it was recommended to cut the small bud sites that would not get much light to let the plant use more energy on the bigger bud sites on it but to only cut the small bud sites like 1 at a time every few days. I am now on day 54 and I still have a few small bud sites that I am cutting off but the buds have orange hairs on them. The buds are very small but maybe like nickel to quarter sized. It feels like a waste to throw it away. Would it be ok to dry it and try to smoke it? What would that be like? Less potent but still worth doing? What do you think? Is there any reason not to try it on there? I put the buds in a small plastic grocery type bag that I use for trimmings like defoliated leaves in the tent on there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
GrundleGrow

GrundleGrow

In the future just leave those buds on there, removing them doesn't direct more energy to the large buds (basic plant science) they will fatten up and ripen eventually, especially if you let the plant continue going another week ish after the top colas are harvested

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
In the future just leave those buds on there, removing them doesn't direct more energy to the large buds (basic plant science) they will fatten up and ripen eventually, especially if you let the plant continue going another week ish after the top colas are harvested
Correct I have done a 2 Nd stage grow on I call it , At 12 weeks I harvest tops ,I lover the light over canopy from 36”to 24” and continue the flush cycle you will find the popcorn has turned to little nuggets of gold . Just an old growers tip if your selling the primo to who ever than the reward is the 2 Nd stage harvest. Od .

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I think I may look for the trichomes then decide if I want to try it on there.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Dude first time heard of that and once again I am like...why didn't I think of that! 👍

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

This. Maybe its my OCD, but i do as much to keep as much on the plant as possible till harvest. I do a minor defoliation going into flower, and thats about it. Now, im only on my 3rd perpetual cycle, So im not super experienced. But So far ive had good results with doing so. I dont touch any bud, until the day of harvest. I did on my first cycle though lol.

Cutting them early wont do anything to help the plant in my opinion. Just getting yourself some weak smoke earlier. But... Hmmm... you got me thinking about a nice sampler of this upcoming plant now, might just take the weak buzz... xD

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Not a good idea to cut on maturing flowering plants imo. Might not have an effect on some strains but could be a source of stress some strains just won't tolerate. Cut off any lowers before flip and let em roll.

Top Bottom