What would you do before changing cycle?

• Thread starter Alunaone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alunaone

Hi Crew, I'm about ready to flower these girls after a stressful 12weeks. The longest node is about to hit the light that is almost at the top of the tent. Can you please tell me what you would do at this stage? I'm thinking they will be needing another defoliation, if so when, and how much/what area. I want to purchase a net over the next few days and start weaving the branches through. This is my first grow so I did no training and need advice. Regards P
What would you do before changing cycle
What would you do before changing cycle 2

A

Alunaone

I also want to take a few cuttings. Can someone please link me to the best reading on cloning.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
wow those are some monsters for your first grow. What size tent are you in and what kind of lights? Most strains double in size during flower which is going to be a real issue it looks like but I can only see a couple angles and don’t have much more information other than the plants are 12 weeks old. They look great but your gonna need a trellis net. Defoliation won’t do much but maybe topping the main cola down to a manageable size. I just think you may be fighting these plants thru out the flower cycle.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
i think you should have been training hard up until this point because when you flip they are gonna stretch like hell especially if they’re sativas or sativa-doms. plus 12 weeks of veg is crazy long. but they look nice thats a plus. clone the top nodes which are above the rest of the canopy and definitely net that asap and flip.

A

Alunaone

Unfortunately they were started off outside by my gf (her house her grow) got paranoid and bought them in and out, spending hrs next to a window. I put them in a tent and it turns out they had started to flower then reveg. Kinda glad I persisted because I learnt a lot along the way. I put up a post a few weeks back and they were looking rank. Thanks for the reply.

A

Alunaone

wow those are some monsters for your first grow. What size tent are you in and what kind of lights? Most strains double in size during flower which is going to be a real issue it looks like but I can only see a couple angles and don’t have much more information other than the plants are 12 weeks old. They look great but your gonna need a trellis net. Defoliation won’t do much but maybe topping the main cola down to a manageable size. I just think you may be fighting these plants thru out the flower cycle.

The tent is 2m H x 2.4m L x 1.2m W. Had some issues to begin with hence the long veg. 😊 Thanks for replying

A

Alunaone

600 Watt MH switching to HPS

A

Alunaone

20220419 135743

A

Alunaone

Unfortunately yes. I started with 2x600 but it got way too hot in the middle of summer, and with poor ventilation. Tried to convince the gf to use two and put a little aircon unit in but she wouldn't listen. We are four weeks away from winter and much cooler atm, perhaps I will use two for flowering.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
you need 2 for flowering atleast. when i first saw your tent i thought it was a 120x60 tent but 240x120 is big. 600 cant cover that. even 3 would have been amazing if you could keep a flat low canopy but you alredy have height issues and hps needs space. have you looked into leds?

Heywood

Heywood

Here you go. Moe.Red posted a link to this excellent video recently.

That will help you get those plants cleaned up.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i would say if money is not a concern to add another light. Also, take some clones and with some super cropping, and SOG net you can send these girls to flower.
I see few long branches, These definitely should get shorter. Try to create a even canopy as they stretch in flower, like other members mentioned

A

Alunaone

you need 2 for flowering atleast. when i first saw your tent i thought it was a 120x60 tent but 240x120 is big. 600 cant cover that. even 3 would have been amazing if you could keep a flat low canopy but you alredy have height issues and hps needs space. have you looked into leds?
I did but it was all last minute, and was short on funds. The plan was to invest in some for the next grow. I'm in AU what LED brand and size can you recommend for size tent?

A

Alunaone

Here you go. Moe.Red posted a link to this excellent video recently.

That will help you get those plants cleaned up.
Great, thankyou.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I did but it was all last minute, and was short on funds. The plan was to invest in some for the next grow. I'm in AU what LED brand and size can you recommend for size tent?
cover that with bar style leds wall to wall. i dont use brand fixtures. got a diy i’ve been using but even chinese knockoffs off aliexpress can grow beautiful weed. may run a bit hotter and waste a bit more electricity but would get you there. other than that when you can afford it there are many name brands like mars and stuff and they all are excellent at this point in the evolution of led. oh and i’d shoot for a 1000w fixture over that canopy. that would be ideal for that space.

C

Christos1974

Hi Crew, I'm about ready to flower these girls after a stressful 12weeks. The longest node is about to hit the light that is almost at the top of the tent. Can you please tell me what you would do at this stage? I'm thinking they will be needing another defoliation, if so when, and how much/what area. I want to purchase a net over the next few days and start weaving the branches through. This is my first grow so I did no training and need advice. Regards PView attachment 1237265View attachment 1237266
Hey, how's it going? Great looking plants. Here's a video that may assist you. Have a good day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom