What would you do to boost buds here?

• Thread starter JohnnyGrow309
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MasterCookie

If you all read the info in this thread, he is being attacked by more people than who are trying to help him. Stop arguing with him and showing him pictures of your weed and telling him why hes wrong. Explain the shit to him or get the fuck out. Ive been on here for years, and I can assure you that while most are good headed, there are a few that think they are king kong but are actually donkey shit. Im positive if you stoped 5v1ing him he wouldn't be throwing shade back.

PS MODS READING, im trying to become a supporter. I messaged logic a while ago, filld out that email form. . no response. . .
If you properly read the thread the same 5v1 people were the only one actually helping him.. he them choose to tell us the because we grow in small plant count our information is invalid and it is not applicable to his grow.. which is all well and fine.. but if you start to get personal that say or make assumptions that our information is not credible because of your certification.. things will go south. No if but or maybe. We never asked to assist him.. he ask for help and not only turn us down.. but as told what we are doing.. is wrong.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

If you properly read the thread the same 5v1 people were the only one actually helping him.. he them choose to tell us the because we grow in small plant count our information is invalid and it is not applicable to his grow.. which is all well and fine.. but if you start to get personal that say or make assumptions that our information is not credible because of your certification.. things will go south. No if but or maybe. We never asked to assist him.. he ask for help and not only turn us down.. but as told what we are doing.. is wrong.
He tried telling everyone hes not wanting to talk about the defoliation, hes wanting to talk about any of the other 10000 ways you can get bigger buds.
I seen someone on here prove everyone wrong with one comment yet its still an attack thread. Just chill and get back on subject.
If were being honest, I think what hes doing is exactly how you get bigger buds after reading this thread. Im glad I was able to learn that heavy defoliation means nothing if you have available nutrients and an appropriate environment. Good talk

M

MasterCookie

I literally only grew cannabis once.. only 1 month of flowering.. had to chop.. the buds after only a month nothing special I guess.
20221104 122732
20221104 122848
20221104 131305
IMG 20221026 WA0003

M

MasterCookie

Bro Johnny.. ok let's restart.. the key to growing bigger bud or bigger yield starts at the day to transplant or if you direct seed. The day you seed.. you need a balanced nutrition. For instance a person going to the gym cannot instantly bench 200lbs but with time nutrition and training with also genetic and body composition you can one day reach it. Same for plants. All fruits are determined via the vegging section. Yes in flowering stage you can increase yield. But that increase in yield must be built on strong foundation ie you plant stems.. thicker fewer stems usually making for a good precursor to big buds. But if you don't have that. No amount of potassium and phosphorus and defoliation can't make a big difference. It will actually stress out the already stressful plant.

My apologies for the name calling and the tit for tat.. I have a very short fuse when it comes to plants..

But with.my chemical engineering side I have help you with your nutrition and how to balanced plant diet. I am here to help.. No bad blood bro.

M

MasterCookie

The obviously root actually is the main first place to check. Healthy big roots Healthy fruits.. here is clones after 7 weeks vegg.

Before
Screenshot 20221112 122424 Gallery

7 weeks after.
20221112 113126
20221112 113303

M

MasterCookie

Notice the short spacing between nodes. And they are thick green stem. Phosphorus calcium and nitrogen allows that to occur. You want a 1:1 ratio of nitrogen(nitrates) to calcium. Nitrates is Both nutrients and a growth hormones for plants. Nitrates is actually metabolize in the very new growing shoots of the plant where is reconverted back into ammonia to be processed in the roots of the plants which it is combined with plants sugars to produce plant protein. However if adequate calcium is not present. Cells doesn't divide but elongates.. why because the plant need new shoots each day to process the new nitrates. Calcium However is needed for plants cell division hence making thick compacted stem. That's why plants can actually grow with other nutrients being deficient but if calcium is deficient.. the new growing tip curls and will never uncurl.. I'd this persist the plant looses the ability to process nitrates and hence stops growing all together.. but for cannabis it's even worse.. because we all know them big buds develops only on the newest growing tips..

I got more of my tedtalk bottled up in my Head.. if you want more.. we can go thru more effects of other macro nutrients and micro.

M

MasterCookie

Potassium contrary to popular belief. It is not a magical plant food that makes everything better.. lol plants actually utilize more calcium and magnesium to grow than Potassium. Where Potassium is important is in fruits set and fruit development. If you look up on Google "mg/g of potassium in tomatoes" you will get a potassium nutritional requirement per gram of tomato fruit. So if it's let's say 500mg/g of potassium.. that means for ever gram of tomato bio matter increase.. the plants has to find 500mg of additional potassium. That you once the vigor is there for the plant to increase the size of the fruit the plants needs extra potassium... and hence increasing potassium in bud formation is beneficial to bud size but the plant will quicker take potassium from a fan leaf to put into fruit and then put the potassium back into the leaves because it much more bio available in the leaves than in the soil. And with water uptake of nutrient water.. as the water is being loss at the left margin the leaves filter the potassium from that nutrient solution as the clean water is being evaporated on through the stomata. Plants does select bulk nutrients.. nutrients flows up the stem of the plant and concentrate in the leaves as water is being loss via evaporation.

M

MasterCookie

Potassium has a secondary function.. well depending on the phase of growth it can be a primary function. They act as literally pumps and valves within the plant. In roots they regulate osmotic pressure to force water uptake throughout the plants even in 100% humidity or In rain. If that wasn't the case.. each time humidity increases or in rain time.. plants will stop growing.. and that surely not the case. In the stem potassium regulates the opening and closing of the stomata via dehydration and rehydration of the cell to Induce movement. This movement together with the ion pumps in the root allows for water with nutrients to be uptake in the plants. However with less leaves means less evaporation with means less transpiration with means less nutrients with will eventually lead to less growth.. but if high nitrates was already assimilated within the plants.. this can cause excess stretching and leggy growth.. or better known as too much stretch.. bro I didn't even reach phosphorus or magnesium.. but you by now get the jist. Balanced nutrition is key.. that's all you have to take away from this.

J

JohnnyGrow309

If you all read the info in this thread, he is being attacked by more people than who are trying to help him. Stop arguing with him and showing him pictures of your weed and telling him why hes wrong. Explain the shit to him or get the fuck out. Ive been on here for years, and I can assure you that while most are good headed, there are a few that think they are king kong but are actually donkey shit. Im positive if you stoped 5v1ing him he wouldn't be throwing shade back.

PS MODS READING, im trying to become a supporter. I messaged logic a while ago, filld out that email form. . no response. . .
Tbh I wasn't irritated at all until MasterCookie started his nonsense. Perhaps that's my bias though as I mentioned a plumber I used go work for that gave me headache with his chest beating everyday. Maybe bad memories sprang up as I read ridiculous statements like USA relied on Jamaican and Trinidadian weed which is just silly and non factual at any point in history

But I agree though only 3 people and counting have actually sent in proper suggestions and I've bookmarked them as I'm gonna try each method. The rest are simply here to tell others how they're the perfect grower with no flaws ever

ninjadip

ninjadip

I just finished defoliation. Today would be day 25. Took me four days to defoliate. Where do I go from here? Strain is Pink Kush and Bubba Kush. I'm using General Hydroponics for nutrients. 10 gallon pots with soil. They are 10-11 week strains. I'm pulling them at 10. Flushing at week 8 onward. Using RO filtered water. LED lights 645W - 880W. What would you guys do to boost yield and get bigger buds?
You say you are using general hydroponics, are you using their boosters? Liquid Kool bloom and floralicious plus?

And I think everyone is saying that there is a middle ground between no defoliation and what were looking at that might be best.

J

JohnnyGrow309

You say you are using general hydroponics, are you using their boosters? Liquid Kool bloom and floralicious plus?

And I think everyone is saying that there is a middle ground between no defoliation and what were looking at that might be best.
Liquid Kool bloom yes. Floralicious plus no I haven't used that one. Kool bloom is my heaviest ingredient at this stage. I also marked and will try the bloom boosters other people suggested as well. I can afford to experiment on 10 or so plants which is why I ask for advice or techniques people have used. I always keep ten plants to experiment with with anyone's suggestions

J

JohnnyGrow309

Bro Johnny.. ok let's restart.. the key to growing bigger bud or bigger yield starts at the day to transplant or if you direct seed. The day you seed.. you need a balanced nutrition. For instance a person going to the gym cannot instantly bench 200lbs but with time nutrition and training with also genetic and body composition you can one day reach it. Same for plants. All fruits are determined via the vegging section. Yes in flowering stage you can increase yield. But that increase in yield must be built on strong foundation ie you plant stems.. thicker fewer stems usually making for a good precursor to big buds. But if you don't have that. No amount of potassium and phosphorus and defoliation can't make a big difference. It will actually stress out the already stressful plant.

My apologies for the name calling and the tit for tat.. I have a very short fuse when it comes to plants..

But with.my chemical engineering side I have help you with your nutrition and how to balanced plant diet. I am here to help.. No bad blood bro.

None at all. Maybe I misread your tone. No bad blood on this side either. And I appreciated your info on chemicals and absorption

J

JohnnyGrow309

He tried telling everyone hes not wanting to talk about the defoliation, hes wanting to talk about any of the other 10000 ways you can get bigger buds.
I seen someone on here prove everyone wrong with one comment yet its still an attack thread. Just chill and get back on subject.
If were being honest, I think what hes doing is exactly how you get bigger buds after reading this thread. Im glad I was able to learn that heavy defoliation means nothing if you have available nutrients and an appropriate environment. Good talk

Will update you on the progress of this heavy defoliation. Also on my next crop (this one is already all defoliated) I will do the half half thing again. I will defoliate and keep all fan leaves on and do it my way on the other end and show you guys the weights at the end. But the first time I did this with 60 plants I'm telling you no difference at all was made other than the plants with leaves felt like they grew more popcorn underneath

TSD

TSD

Will update you on the progress of this heavy defoliation. Also on my next crop (this one is already all defoliated) I will do the half half thing again. I will defoliate and keep all fan leaves on and do it my way on the other end and show you guys the weights at the end. But the first time I did this with 60 plants I'm telling you no difference at all was made other than the plants with leaves felt like they grew more popcorn underneath
I'll have to take your word on that as I've never done a comparison like that. I definitely don't think I'm a perfect grower or that I know everything, that's for sure... I fuck up something every year, and learn something from it too... sorry if I was a douche, but your pic made me feel for the plants lol... post some pics when they are done, I'm sure they'll be great, they do always look so sad before they recover from defoliation. Tomato guy kind of went off on a tangent on ya which was a bit much... I don't think you were being disrespectful. Everyone has thier own way of growing that they prefer, and that's fine. Lots of people do weird shit and still grow good smoke. 🤣

ninjadip

ninjadip

I'll have to take your word on that as I've never done a comparison like that. I definitely don't think I'm a perfect grower or that I know everything, that's for sure... I fuck up something every year, and learn something from it too... sorry if I was a douche, but your pic made me feel for the plants lol... post some pics when they are done, I'm sure they'll be great, they do always look so sad before they recover from defoliation. Tomato guy kind of went off on a tangent on ya which was a bit much... I don't think you were being disrespectful. Everyone has thier own way of growing that they prefer, and that's fine. Lots of people do weird shit and still grow good smoke. 🤣
I just do weird shit, still trying to get the good smoke 😂
I'm thinking I'm doing enough weird shit this time(2nd grow) because it looks very, very promising in week 3 flower.

If it was me OP I would have done like 25-50% less defoliation than you did, but what do I know, I'm super new, and of course you are free to do what you want and still be part of this family 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Id actually try another strain bud as genetics is more important along with light and your enviroment.i use fuckall nutrients bout 570ppm max and my buds come out pretty good for the plants size.they normally average 5 to 8 off ea and one 14 oz all off 5 week veg.i think your getting more just smaller.its sorta like they are growing too mny buds sites that the plant can handle.....how much nutrients are you using.i do defoliate but not as much as you.i just gradually remove them opening up the centre to allow light down through the canopy.when your plants grow short light penetration should b good right down through it.so no larf...i run canna classic using canna boost for 3 weeks in flower bout half strength and pk 13/14 for a week

Last edited:
J

JohnnyGrow309

I just do weird shit, still trying to get the good smoke 😂
I'm thinking I'm doing enough weird shit this time(2nd grow) because it looks very, very promising in week 3 flower.

If it was me OP I would have done like 25-50% less defoliation than you did, but what do I know, I'm super new, and of course you are free to do what you want and still be part of this family 👍
Can you upload some pics of ur week 3 defoliation? I'd like to cross reference

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Id say if you want big buds, that are dense, you need to push indicas hard, and lollypop them. If you do this with sativas and hybrids foxtailing is hard to avoid for me, when pushing them. Im going to focus on Indicas honestly, I mean whats a big bud good for if its all fluffy and foxtailed and stemmy. Im thinking indicas, combined with heavy lower defoliation, and good genetics is the start. Once you can do it with them, go to hybrids, then try with sativas. Now if you want to win a big bud photo contest, grow a sativa and reveg it after 3 weeks, then take a photo at night time, no one will know they are hollow lol. .

J

JohnnyGrow309

Id actually try another strain bud as genetics is more important along with light and your enviroment.i use fuckall nutrients bout 570ppm max and my buds come out pretty good for the plants size.they normally average 5 to 8 off ea and one 14 oz all off 5 week veg.i think your getting more just smaller.its sorta like they are growing too mny buds sites that the plant can handle.....how much nutrients are you using.i do defoliate but not as much as you.i just gradually remove them opening up the centre to allow light down through the canopy.when your plants grow short light penetration should b good right down through it.so no larf...i run canna classic using canna boost for 3 weeks in flower bout half strength and pk 13/14 for a week
I think you could be right about genetics. I just pheno hunted a wedding cake seed and will see what it produces under similar conditions.

Right now I am putting in 1300 PPM. I only did 800-900 now after defoliation to let them take it easy for a week

Latest posts

Top Bottom