What would you guys do?

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

So has anyone vented a grow room with tents inside and not the tents individually? My flower room is roughly 256 sq ft.. I’m using it tents because I plan to implement co2 and sealing my room would be an ordeal tents are more convenient. My tent size is 120x60x7 3 tents

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

if you just vent the room with the tents inside it will be way less efficient then venting each tent separately
doing this will only create some air movement in the room and some air will be exhausted from the tents .. but very few air
if you really want to vent several tents with a main exhaust you need to make derivation on the main ventilation conduct, to each tent

co2 will make it easier, more economic with better results if well managed
if you use a burner(i advise it, the only realistic way to enrich) it's not dramatic if the room has some cracks/leaks
some smell will espace though, if you grow some bomb it can be a problem

how is the room made ? walls etc

Ponky

Ponky

Keeping sealed tents in an air conditioned room does work. The tents run cooler. Sealed CO2 I assume.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Thanks for your input yet again man. So it’s a bellow ground opp. Stone/brick walls.. I separated a portion of it so I can start my perpetual endeavors. So two of the 4 walls are 2x4s… i framed in a space to put in a in wall ac/heater to control the flower room year round.. that would also help with the RH of the area.. im sure the smell will be a issue if I grow in the open room without venting secrecy is my top priority

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Keeping sealed tents in an air conditioned room does work. The tents run cooler. Sealed CO2 I assume.
See I was thinking I would control the temps of each tents with a in-line fan sucking air from the room into the tent.. keeping the room at 65 year round.. each tent would have its own inline 4 inch fan with a spring loaded back draft damper to keep the tents air tight what’s your thoughts on my strategy???

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

if you just vent the room with the tents inside it will be way less efficient then venting each tent separately
doing this will only create some air movement in the room and some air will be exhausted from the tents .. but very few air
if you really want to vent several tents with a main exhaust you need to make derivation on the main ventilation conduct, to each tent

co2 will make it easier, more economic with better results if well managed
if you use a burner(i advise it, the only realistic way to enrich) it's not dramatic if the room has some cracks/leaks
some smell will espace though, if you grow some bomb it can be a problem

how is the room made ? walls
Thanks for your input yet again man. So it’s a bellow ground opp. Stone/brick walls.. I separated a portion of it so I can start my perpetual endeavors. So two of the 4 walls are 2x4s… i framed in a space to put in a in wall ac/heater to control the flower room year round.. that would also help with the RH of the area.. im sure the smell will be a issue if I grow in the open room without venting secrecy is my top priority

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

size of the space ? meter² and meter cubic

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

size of the space ? meter² and meter cubic
19ftx15ft I have 8ft ceilings unfinished.. if I just used co2 burners and exhausted the entire room via carbon filter? Would that be feasible? I’m thinking the burner would never turn off and would be a huge waste of electricity. Thoughts?

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

you don't vent with a co2 generator
get a 2.5kw burner, with a pilot flame

at the beginning just the pilot burning should keep the room around 500ppm if its well sealed
when the plants are bigger and start to flower increase the enrichment progressivly by turning on/off the main burner(ideally pluged on your controller)
using sealed with lp/ng burner and AC is the most efficient way to grow year round

also flowering time will be greatly reduced

what co2 controller do you have ?

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

you don't vent with a co2 generator
get a 2.5kw burner, with a pilot flame

at the beginning just the pilot burning should keep the room around 500ppm if its well sealed
when the plants are bigger and start to flower increase the enrichment progressivly by turning on/off the main burner(ideally pluged on your controller)
using sealed with lp/ng burner and AC is the most efficient way to grow year round

also flowering time will be greatly reduced

what co2 controller do you have ?
I have an auto pilot.. apc8 the smell will be a issue if I grow in open air with out filtering the room.. the entire building will reeek and although it’s underground and brick I’m sure the smell will seap out to the outside ground level aswell

Top Bottom