What yield are good leds capable of?

• Thread starter TittiBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TittiBear

TittiBear

Hello, everyone! Wondering what good leds are capable of producing? It seems like anything from 0.5 gram per watt with a shitty grow all the way up to 2.5 gram a watt for a master grower all dialed in with co2. This is keeping in mind: strain, humidity/temps, training, veg time, and all important factors. To be very clear this is not a what's my yield or what's your yield? As there are too many variables. This is an 'in your opinion' type of question. What do you think they are capable of yielding given great/ideal growing conditions and a good yielding strain? We are talking hlg, gavita, any nice led.

growsince79

growsince79

Hello, everyone! Wondering what good leds are capable of producing? It seems like anything from 0.5 gram per watt with a shitty grow all the way up to 2.5 gram a watt for a master grower all dialed in with co2. This is keeping in mind: strain, humidity/temps, training, veg time, and all important factors. To be very clear this is not a what's my yield or what's your yield? As there are too many variables. This is an 'in your opinion' type of question. What do you think they are capable of yielding given great/ideal growing conditions and a good yielding strain? We are talking hlg, gavita, any nice led.
I could honestly care less about grams per watt. Electricity for a 2x4 is cheap with any light. Grams/sqft is more important imo.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
have you seen the solo cup challenge, or the 1 gallon 1 pound one? seems to me, if you are a plant whisperer you can make them do anything but if you are a plantinator... then no amount of watt will help. just a theory. all over the net there are numbers, most surprisingly close, and folks get to arguing about true watts and these things, but in the end, i think, and keep in mind i have no basis in this reality, i think it is the gardener not the garden

TittiBear

TittiBear

A lot of factors come into play so trying to see what led growers are shooting for as a target. Actually read the pound in a gallon pot thread and the solo cup thread challenge this morning. Just trying to get an idea of what I should be shooting for being new to the led game. As stated above from my research it seems 0.5g shitty grow up to 2.5 grams a watt is possible. But figured the grand master og growers on here would educate my ass. Thanks for the participation everyone.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

A lot of factors come into play so trying to see what led growers are shooting for as a target. Actually read the pound in a gallon pot thread and the solo cup thread challenge this morning. Just trying to get an idea of what I should be shooting for being new to the led game. As stated above from my research it seems 0.5g shitty grow up to 2.5 grams a watt is possible. But figured the grand master og growers on here would educate my ass. Thanks for the participation everyone.

I did about 2 grams per watt on my first LED grow and that's with a number of mistakes I made. I didn't bother to weigh my second or third, but each was an improvement over the first.

With the right strain, enough light, and proper care ... I can see 3 gpw for an experienced grower and possibly more.

TittiBear

TittiBear

I did about 2 grams per watt on my first LED grow and that's with a number of mistakes I made. I didn't bother to weigh my second or third, but each was an improvement over the first.

With the right strain, enough light, and proper care ... I can see 3 gpw for an experienced grower and possibly more.
That is awesome lol the og grand master grower! Sounds like you've been killing it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That is awesome lol the og grand master grower! Sounds like you've been killing it.
There's no doubt that proper lighting increases yield, but it's not "just" the lighting. It's the gardner too.

On this run, I've taken a different approach. I have more tents running and less plants in each. My grams/watt numbers won't be as impressive ... but my yield per plant should be. It's lights out time but I'm due to posts some pictures soon anyway.

TittiBear

TittiBear

Me personally I think a little bit of everything comes into play. Genetics, light used, nutrients, room temps and humidity,ventilation,training methods used, veg time and size of plant, health of plant, growing medium, grower's skill along with time and effort put it. Being able to diagnose and fix problems as they come up. Basically a bit of everything. Giving the babies lots of love... Lol your basically a pimp raising these bitches to get the very most out of em!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Me personally I think a little bit of everything comes into play. Genetics, light used, nutrients, room temps and humidity,ventilation,training methods used, veg time and size of plant, health of plant, growing medium, grower's skill along with time and effort put it. Being able to diagnose and fix problems as they come up. Basically a bit of everything. Giving the babies lots of love... Lol your basically a pimp raising these bitches to get the very most out of em!
Exactly. I couldn't have said it better ....

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

ā¤šŸŒ±ā¤šŸ¤˜šŸ˜āœŒ
Supporter
I shoot for 1.5 g/watt from my current setup and this seems to be realistic at my experience level but I'm always pushing that.

Imo the trick to growing good, potent flowers consistently is to inadvertently kill a lot of them first and just learn from your mistakes. You will start to see and "feel" things you did not before. You will notice patterns and be able to anticipate problems.

I obv know first hand about the 1lb challenge and solo cup grows you speak of. These are meant to push our limits and test experience, but also to show newer, inexperienced growers what's possible when everything is dialed in and going smoothly. I almost killed my 1 gal plant getting cavalier trying new stuff that I've never done before. I'm learning from that. Next run should be an improvement if I'm doing things the right way.

Start at 1g per watt. Work up from there. And pay attention to cause and effect. Write things down in a log. Learn the patterns.

Plants can actually be pretty darn predictable if you keep the variables low and don't try to do too much. šŸ‘

ā¤šŸŒ±ā¤

Last edited:
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
All other variables excluded etc...hard to guess really, but I'm sure over 3g per Watt is possible, I got well over 2g per watt my first time growing, using 300watt (2xTS1000 from Mars Hydro)

growsince79

growsince79

I don't care if a certain light saved me a dollar in electric. A better question is- how much can a square foot produce per day? Of course it depends on light, strain, etc. But imo a quarter pound in 2x2 in 90 days is a success and a half pound is a home run. So 112/ 4 = 28. 28/90 = 0.31g/sqft/day should be the minimum.
I think a sea of green with the right strain 1g/sqft/day is possible.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

All other variables excluded etc...hard to guess really, but I'm sure over 3g per Watt is possible, I got well over 2g per watt my first time growing, using 300watt (2xTS1000 from Mars Hydro)
That would be almost 11oz in a 2x2 with a 100w light. What does that even look like? lol, 22 clones packed together with one week veg?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That would be almost 11oz in a 2x2 with a 100w light. What does that even look like? lol, 22 clones packed together with one week veg?
It was a bit tight in the tent in the end šŸ˜
20210104 103555

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
thats a lot of solo cups... i need to start drinking - better to use cups that had vodka and juice in them!

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
What was the yield?
I haven't a 100% figure but I was looking at a bucket with 511g of cured buds and 570g of frozen Nugs and sugar trim in the freezer, that's without accounting for anything I smoked for over 4 weeks as some finished quicker than other, as a guesstimate I would say it would have been close enough to 750g if everything had been kept/dried/cured until the end.
I'm under zero illusion that I'll get that lucky with this 2nd grow but I'm keeping optimistic for about 4-500g but that is also with an extra light so I have 450 instead of 350w this time.

growsince79

growsince79

I haven't a 100% figure but I was looking at a bucket with 511g of cured buds and 570g of frozen Nugs and sugar trim in the freezer, that's without accounting for anything I smoked for over 4 weeks as some finished quicker than other, as a guesstimate I would say it would have been close enough to 750g if everything had been kept/dried/cured until the end.
I'm under zero illusion that I'll get that lucky with this 2nd grow but I'm keeping optimistic for about 4-500g but that is also with an extra light so I have 450 instead of 350w this time.
So you grew 750 with 350w in how many days?

Latest posts

Top Bottom