What you need to know before applying job as cannabis farmer

• Thread starter Simba1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We used to have farm markets for medical marijuana here. Rec weed regulations ruined that so big backed producers can control more of the market.

And let’s at least let all the people out of jail that only had harmless but illegal plants!

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

We used to have farm markets for medical marijuana here. Rec weed regulations ruined that so big backed producers can control more of the market.

And let’s at least let all the people out of jail that only had harmless but illegal plants!
Did you keep up with what “they” tried to pull in Ohio as far as approved sellers? We advocated voting against legal because of it. Ohio voters agreed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Did you keep up with what “they” tried to pull in Ohio as far as approved sellers? We advocated voting against legal because of it. Ohio voters agreed.

no. I did not know that. But I wish Michigan voters had been more patient. Our medical weed laws were much better than the retail hell we get now.

I dont care though. 35 years I didn’t care and I don’t participate in regulated weed now. I payed them for a med card a while but they just keep regulating and regulating...

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Everyone in Cali I know who had a successful medical operation going that thought they would be able to get permits once it went rec went belly up. 10k-50k ain’t enough to play with the big boys and everyone I know who went and helped the big corps set up there grows were supposed to get % of the company’s all got cut loose as soon as they were producing. They hire barely above minimum wage ppl who know nothing and do exactly what they are told and anyone who shows promises gets a small raise and a ton of responsibility and all the blame when something goes wrong. They get fired and the guy running the show gets to keep his job. Good rule of thumb is if they have a ceo they are crooked mofos. IMO

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

no. I did not know that. But I wish Michigan voters had been more patient. Our medical weed laws were much better than the retail hell we get now.

I dont care though. 35 years I didn’t care and I don’t participate in regulated weed now. I payed them for a med card a while but they just keep regulating and regulating...
In Ohio it would have been one lone corporation that qualified to operate. Thanks to the proposition that corporation helped draft. I’m in AK but have spent my life between New Mexico and Montana. We were invited here in Alaska to take part in crafting the laws while they ignored absolutely every bit of our input.

Instead they followed Colorado and the ridiculous license fees which Colorado had already said were so high because they had zero clues as to what they’d be dealing with regarding the feds and etc. It turned out to be unnecessary but the money people immediately saw their chances. Donate to legislators to make sure it’s tightly controlled and the number of licenses limited. And with limited licenses exorbitant fees can be charged.

Support your local black market.

Pileit

Pileit

I employ a few full time people. They were newbies and no growing experience. I started them off at a good wage and the ones who showed interest, self starting qualities and are responsible have gotten good raises. Several other locals I know of have applied at commercial grows have gotten hired with little to no experience. If u want to work in this field you will.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Didn’t realise how much there is to this subject do you think it would have been better if it wasn’t legalised?sorry for butting in just reading your comments and found this interesting

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Weed can kill people too. It's not very common, but it happens. Just like automobiles and aircraft it's not the car or plane that kills you, it's the circumstances surrounding you. I.E bird flys in to the planes engine everyone dies. Vs guy drops joint in his crotch panics and swerves in to a tree killing himself. Or falls asleep with the stove on, burns the place down.

I agree with you, it's just a plant. But so is tobacco and we regulate the shit out of that too.

Most of these regulations are in place to keep the casualties and potential for abuse down to a minimum.

Even food is and advertising are regulated. Truly it's hard to find something actually unregulated.

But I get what you're saying. Some regulations might be too restrictive. As they are with other thing too. But they are in fact legal. That's all I was saying.

I'm with you, I'm only allowed 4 plants, and it sucks. Such an arbitrary way to regulate. Sq ft of growspace would be better. I can fill a 3x3 tent with 16 plants or 1 plant and get around the same yield. Meanwhile if I have 2 vegging clones and a mother plant 3 of my 4 are already used up...

I think everything too new right now to judge. I the next few years things will settle out and change. Then we can see what we are really working with. I'm waiting for groups to popup and start pushing for or rights when it comes to regulations, but as it stands it's pretty reasonable to me.
Well cannabis is much more regulated then tabacco and I’d love to see the death stats for the two. 😁
It has nothing to do with risk it has to do with cash. Once weed is worth peanuts then and only then will they allow you to do what you want with it. Tomato’s bring pennies so we can grow as many as we want, weed brings dollars and they want to keep those bucks in the people’s pickets that already have them.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The same people who made money locking MFers up for decades are the same ones making coin. Screw the greed and screw slavery in all forms. Here in the US we are supposed to follow the Constitution but we have just about disregarded that. Big Government makes small people ALWAYS. Now we have conned the people into throwing away the keys to their shackles.

A03c9927ebb377d3a5e73f76e0f1a569
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well cannabis is much more regulated then tabacco and I’d love to see the death stats for the two. 😁
It has nothing to do with risk it has to do with cash. Once weed is worth peanuts then and only then will they allow you to do what you want with it. Tomato’s bring pennies so we can grow as many as we want, weed brings dollars and they want to keep those bucks in the people’s pickets that already have them.

agree and like to add that once weed is devalued like tobacco was they will impose higher fees and taxes (again like tobacco) and add marijuana to the ATF. It could become The Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Marijuana task force. Killing and arresting farmers everywhere with machine guns and armored vehicles for tax collection.

Then we can worry about the DEA and the ATF(M).

Got to make up for the dime bag arrest prison system loss somewhere right?

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Big difference between regulation and legalization. We are not even close to legalization, Hell Canada isn’t even close to legalization.
Fuck no , and it will never be legal . If it's legal the government won't get jack shit!

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

The same people who made money locking MFers up for decades are the same ones making coin. Screw the greed and screw slavery in all forms. Here in the US we are supposed to follow the Constitution but we have just about disregarded that. Big Government makes small people ALWAYS. Now we have conned the people into throwing away the keys to their shackles.
It's only ok to be a drug dealer if you are uncle sam

uphere

uphere

Its already over for the little guy. In New England, one if the largest petroleum dealers is currently in the process of opening a retail RX. Plans are already going through permitting for 2 more shops. They have the money and attorneys. Bye, bye little guy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would hire the applicant who can lift 80lb bags, crawl under scrog nets, write legibly and doesn’t grow their own, no bugs, pollen or mold spores coming in.

I have the opposite fear. I am afraid to let anyone that goes to a weed store, works in the industry or even a medical caregiver into my house. ;-)

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I employ a few full time people. They were newbies and no growing experience. I started them off at a good wage and the ones who showed interest, self starting qualities and are responsible have gotten good raises. Several other locals I know of have applied at commercial grows have gotten hired with little to no experience. If u want to work in this field you will.
Sorry but while that sounds dandy for the newbies that’s not a recipe for damned good cannabis. It just isn’t. No growing experience? Lol.

Like trying to win Indy with a bunch of novices. Would make a great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom