whats a good strain for a sog / lollipop run

• Thread starter sleepyhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sleepyhead

im trying to do a sog with plants that are very close together any chance anyone knows what a good clone is for doing a sog i was going to go with god bud but i dont know if god bud will lollipop or not or just get that effect where the plant just grows straight up some strains do this i just dont remeber any good ones

F

farmerjohn

Look for strains with little side branching. There are hundreds of strain resources on the net that give descriptions that should help. I "train" clones by taking cuttings from lower areas & promoting 4 main tops, all @ the same height. Look into Dwarf Ganja strains like Lowryder, if you are ready to venture into autobloomers.

M

MASSES 420KING

la woman is a good for it all super-crop,top,fim,and lollipopping and its gr8 for scrog,sog,bush and tree its an all around good plant to work with

S

StillBlack

EASY RYDER its an AUTOFLOWER 75days 500gr dry per m2 EASY! Also LowRyder you can get the same results but its alittle harder..... anyway SEA OF GREEN= AUTOFLOWER

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Happy Brother, many afghani

Aurora Indica like to grow one main cola and so does white widow (the ones I grew) but I haven't done but a pack of each.

C

CanadianClassic

Your best bet is any pure Indica strain,Hash plant works nice try to pick a strain that tends to grow FAT COLAS last thing you want is a lanky shity sativa strain growing a room full of popcorn nugs!

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

C

CanadianClassic

Oh ya and i forgot to ask why would you even be lollipopping in a "Sea of Green" iv'e never done SOG but from all ive ever seen and read they dont get big enough to lollipop thats the whole point of the SOG is to keep them short with 1 cola to save room!!

Goodluck with the Ladies!!!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Don't ever try it with Mango Haze or Trainwreck. LOL!

hubcap

hubcap

legends ultimate indica (LUI) (Legends)
ko kush (sannie)
sweet tooth#3 (Spice of Life/Deluxe Seeds)
diesel kush (Reeferman. not sure if its still around)
hash plant (various)
northern lights (dr atomic)
mandala #1 (mandala)
i've seen a nice SOG with
Sour Bubble (BOG) as well.

there are some opties to start with
with the exception of BOGs Sour Bubble, ive personally run all those strains in SOG.
(the KO Kush will benefit from a lil bit prolonged veg period, and still grow into a baseball bat. but veg them....yields can be weak if you dont.)
the rest are easy as pie.

-cap

joeca1i

joeca1i

Is that your pic from jr. high.You might also wanna check into mildew resistant strains.

F

farmerjohn

How short, or not tall, or small is he? (not sure about the political correctness of the question even) Tom Thumb size?

hubcap

hubcap

i dug up some pics, OP.
just felt like the thread needed a few examples.
hope ya dont mind.....

reefermans diesel kush

35013reef_dieselk1.jpg

35013reefdieselk2.jpg

Legends Ultimate Indica (LUI)

lui1.jpg
lui2.jpg

Early Sweet Tooth #3 (Spice of Life)
sweet_tooth.jpg

a wild Bubbledust (GrowDoc) (trim that bottom shit and she *rocks* in a SOG)
bubbledust.jpg

sorry for the quality.....these were old pics i went diggin for.....

-cap

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What up Hubcap?! lol

I would say that Sweet Tooth 1.1 will probably work though I veg for a bit.:smoke

Cheers,
Crom

He ping ping under pankrtova skirt
hubcap

hubcap

lol

u got the pic where hes looking up her skirt?
priceless!

-cap

F

farmerjohn

Gotta chime in that UBC Chemo may not be the best for a SOG either. I haven't given up the idea, even though my 1st attempt ended up very un-SOG-like. I had to thin the herd & dedicate a light per 7 plants. Not exactly the basis of SOGging! I've also ended up taking about 250 clones with popcorn buds on them. But I did need the chops! Just take a bit longer to get roots, is all. Haven't given up yet, though. I did over veg that 1st one & did not practice correct training methods. 2nd wave is much better so far. At least they are trained & ready for the last 5 weeks of flowering. 3rd wave, is all my varieties in 2 litre bottles, vegged to 6", trained to one stem & gorilla taped together! I'll find out who can SOG & who can't with this method. Speaking of that, I am in the process of putting off harvest on the 1st run. It was scheduled for July 9th, which would be 60 days, but I am getting the feeling it will be closer to 70, before I chop. I've seen claims online of everything from 55-70 days, for this variety. I'm starting to believe the septarian view!

S

SoCalDam

Best for Sog in my opinion

I would probably say that my Chocolope C6 cut pheno along with the Blackberry Kush pretty much go hand in hand and are great for sogging together. The Chocolope cut I have is great for sogging! Another I would have to say is the Alien Dog. It has a freakish growth patern that basically gets you the yield of a plant and a half per plant. Occasionally in between nodes instead of throwing out a leaf then a branch at the node it will throw out a branch where the normal fan leaf would be then another branch just at the node where the normal branch would be. "Freakish", I haven't seen anything quite like it yet, but you can see how it would produce a plant and a half by throwing out twice as many nodes. True freak of nature... I will be posting SoCalDam's grow here in the next few days. Currently at day 8 in flower so just starting. Strains being grown are: Tahoe Og, SoCalDam OG, Chem Valley Kush, Donkey Smurf Kush, Kaia Kush, Blackberry Kush, Cataract Kush, Alien Dog, Chem Dog, UK Cheese, Chocolope C6 (Elite Pheno), Red Tide Haze. Hope everyone can tune in to see these elite strains being grown! Courtesy of SoCalDam Genetics.

Top Bottom