What's Better, One Light or Two? Same Total Wattage.

• Thread starter BC21596
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BC21596

BC21596

Would I be better off buying one 1200W LED or two 600W? The price is similar and two 600W lights are more versatile, but there's also more cables, hangers, etc. to mess up the grow room. I have also thought about 4 300W (I already have one) which would be cheaper but the 300W lights are not dimmable. Currently I have a 3x3 grow tent but I want to upgrade to 4x4 at some point. I may still use the 3x3 though.

Thanks.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Keep in mind the wattage you see on a lot of leds is meaningless advertising and it does not relate to the actual wattage or light intensity. I waisted my money on plenty of "600W" purple amazon lights, some of which pulled 100w at the wall, some of which pulled 270w at the wall, and none of which produced what I was looking for.

I wish my paid a little extra to go with something quality like hlg from the start. Just my experience. Also I have heard cmh 315's are pretty baddass for a 3x3, so keep in mind LED is not your only option.

Another thing, there are a few threads where people are arguing about lights right now. Might be worth tagging along.

BC21596

BC21596

Thanks. I've been using Viparspectra LED lights and had success with them. Currently I have a 1200W in a 4x4 room and a 300W in my 3x3 tent (being replaced because it's too small). I don't have a lot of experience with anything else to compare with though. The 1200W is 545 actual watts and the 600 is about 285. I could use a 315 CMH for the winter but I have heat problems in the summer. That can be handled with A/C so I'll think about that option. The Vivosun 315 is a little bit cheaper on Amazon and the actual wattage is similar.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I thought there was going to be a poll?!šŸ¤£
I vote 2 lights for better light dispersion

BC21596

BC21596

Two lights also let's me buy one now and one later which is easier on the budget. I've been spending too much lately and the bank account is getting low. šŸ˜¢ It's not the deciding factor though.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Thanks. I've been using Viparspectra LED lights and had success with them. Currently I have a 1200W in a 4x4 room and a 300W in my 3x3 tent (being replaced because it's too small). I don't have a lot of experience with anything else to compare with though. The 1200W is 545 actual watts and the 600 is about 285. I could use a 315 CMH for the winter but I have heat problems in the summer. That can be handled with A/C so I'll think about that option. The Vivosun 315 is a little bit cheaper on Amazon and the actual wattage is similar.

Oh my bad, I didnā€™t realize you had so many grows going, I assumed this was for your first tent.

BC21596

BC21596

I read your thread tomatoesarecooltoo and I'm similar to you in in one way. These are not all cannabis. I have peppers & kitchen herbs also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom